Primary application approved but derivative applicant not approved

Jinnah M,

Did your wife receive her 2nd FP notice? I received mine through my attorney about 2 weeks ago.

gc_2000,

Yes it depends on the local office.

Is this good or bad ?

Hello Everyone,

As mentioned in my earlier post, RFE for my wife was medical exam related. Now that we have responded to the RFE, the on-line message has been changed from "On July 15, We requested additional information....' to

'On August 7, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.'

Is this good or bad ? Any one in this forum has received this message after responding to RFE ? How long does it usually take after this ? Thanks to any one who can share their experiences.

KMANDY

kmandy:

It is standard msg. It doesn't matter.
After VSC received my RFE reply, I got approved in one week.

No 2nd Finger Print notice yet

CompaqDb

No 2nd Fp Notice yet.
She did her 1st Finger Print in July 2002.
So maybe she will not need to.

But who knows.

Senator Kennedy's office did not do anything either.

I dont think there is any other avenue to persue. Almost 22 months and counting :-(

Hello,

My wife and I appeared for our Second Fingerprinting in June. On checking the case status online, my case showed that BCIS received my fingerprints in June, however did not update that information for my wife.

Now, I have received my I-485 approval, however, my wife's case still does not show the message saying her fingerprints were received.

Should I be concerned about this or should I just treat it as another one of BCIS's glitches? Anybody has had similar experience? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

What are the chances ?

After responding to RFE and BCIS receiving it, on August 6 my wife's finger printing report must have been expired. Since we received a RFE, I'm thinking that the case must have already been assigned to an officer.

I'd like to know what are the chances of getting 2nd FP notice in this case ? Here are the case details.

RD:01/22/02
ND:02/04/02
FP:05/06/02
RFE:07/15/03
RFE Recieved by BCIS: 08/07/03

I guess your wife will definitely get the 2nd FP notice. But don't worry and be patient after you have waited for so long a time:)

Today is exactly two months since my case got approved, yet my wife's case is still not approved.

She has got a notice for her second fp on aug 15th.

I do not know what action to take as her case has exceeded 21 months. She had even put in a request for information using the call centre two months ago and no reply from BCIS too.

I guess all these forms and all that they take about is just bull and a ply to get us of the phone.

One more in the list :

My case is approved on 8/7/03, my wife's case is not yet approved. Our FP's were received by INS on differenrt dates. My FP's were received by INS on May 17.2002, where as my wife's was received on June 3, 2002.
So her FP would expire on Sep 3, 2003.

my 14 - year old son is still pending

his ND is 10/23/01 and RD is 12/03/01. It has been exactly 4 month since i got my approval.

I was told that he needs a fingure print. I haven't gotten a notice to schedule for his fingure print yet since 4 month passed.

How long it will take for the case like this?

please share your expierence if you have simmilar case and thanks

I received my plastic card, no news about wife

Wanted to top the thread,
Whats the use.
Number of daily posts has reduced significantly.

Just in the tunnel, no light, no end. :(

Any updates?

On my side: My wife completed her second finger-printing(why should finger-prints expire in the first place?) the online message still says recevied response to request...

tiger100

hello, tiger100

keep it alive.

my wife's is the same as your wife's. She got REF and replied it.
then did 2nd fp (july 27,03), but the on-line message still played "we received the request for evidence on ..."

Got stamped yesterday Wife still pending

I got stamped yesterday at Newark. I was approved July 31st. But my wifes case is still pending. Our RD 12/20/01 and FP May 2002. My wifes finger prints expired No Second FP yet.

Please any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dfox

spouse's case: No 2nd FP, no RFE, still pending
called local congressman office yesterday and let us call back in 2 weeks.

I contacted Senator and The Constituent Waiver form was received by his office on July 25, 2003. On August 25, I received an email reply from his office. It states that my I-485 case is still pending at BCIS and is waiting to be assigned to an Adjunctions Officer. If I do not hear from the BCIS within 6-8 weeks I can call their office to initiate a second inquiry.

The only thing useful is that I knew that my case has not been assigned and I have to wait at least for another 1.5-2months!
:eek:

No News

No RFE no 2nd FP for wife
Just waiting.

Applied for 2nd AP for wife, even that might take 3 months to come.

Contacted the Senator's office 3 months ago, no response.

RD 10/18/01 for both
AD 4/9/3 for me
FP for wife 7/8/02

Wife finger print was late, because we were give that date, and were sent to a smaller office (Manchester NH) instead of Boston.

STILL Waiting for approval of wife.

any news/progress

any news/progress?

my wife's case is still pending
rd 11/26/01
ref 05/06/01
2fp july/03
inquiry reply july/03

tried 1-800, it is helpless
tried written inquiry, it is helpless too
Let try GOD, keep praying, keep the thread alive.

No news. 2nd fingerprint done as scheduled, online message does not change. Will apply for 3rd EAD and AP soon.