Primary application approved but derivative applicant not approved

Nearly 20 months past since RD for spouse's case

the dependent case is still pending, and FP is going to expire in two days.

The principle case was approved on April 18th, passport stamped, and plastic card recieved.

Few Nov 2001 cases got approved in last couple of weeks.
20 months for spouse’s case(EAC-02-055).
:confused:

How would you initiate a similar petition for Nov 2001, Dec 2001... cases? Asking Law offices of Rajiv Khanna?

Hi,
It has been two months since my wife RFE was sent still no approval but my case got approved on June 27th.
Iam wondering what is going on.

I have an update on my case - A couple months back the IIO at Vermont had told my wife that there is an intent to deny on her application. Lull follows... About 3 weeks back I initiated an inquiry through the VSC and just today I received the Intent to Deny letter.
Basically the letter says that for a certain period of time (from Dec 1999 thru Sept 2000) they have have no evidence of legal status! Quite to the contrary she had valid status for that period. Actually our (H1 for me and H4 for her) visa was due to expire abouts Dec 1999, but we had already applied for extension and the extension was approved before the expiry. (Although we had not got our passports stamped)
The recourse is that we are going to respond to the letter suppliing evidence (I539 Approval letter and the attached I94) and mantain that she was never out of status.
The INS letter also says that we could re-file I-485A with a $1000 dollar penalty, if she really was out of status.

Lets see what happens.

Tiger100,

Sorry to hear about this but it's better than endless waiting. Show them the evidence and your spouse will get approved!

Good luck!

---Compaqdb

Hang in there Tiger

Tiger100

Hang in there.
Hopefully this will be the end of the waiting cycle for you.
At least someone looked at your file.

I'm in the same boat !

Me and my son received on-line approval on July 15. 2002. My wife's case is still pending. Yesterday, the case status was changed from 'results of finger prints received..' to 'additional information is required...'. I guess that's a RFE. Does the RFE come directly to us or it will go to the lawyer ?

Case Details:
RD:01/22/02
ND:02/04/02
FP:05/06/02
AD:07/15/02

She has exact same dates as RD/ND/FP except AD. Now waiting for RFE to receive and then another wait after responding to RFE.

:mad:

No real updates

My Lawyer sent an official enquiry to the National BCIS office.
She said they might reply within a month.
If they dont then we can send another enquiry.

Thats all

No significant updates.
I quite sure nothing will come out of the enquiry

Kmandy We are in same situation

Kmandy,
Mine and my son case has been approved but yesterday My wife's status was chaged to "Additional infor....."
I don't know what the RFE is about

Will keep posted about the details

Govind2002

compaqdb, don't wait there forevre, contact senator for your case, your wife is approved,
yours should be approved as well, it's a mistake
by them. You can ask your lawyer to send Expedite request, since it's an error.

dengdeng,

Thanks. Lawyer told me it is normal so keep waiting. :mad:
I have already contacted Senator several days ago so I am waiting for their response.

---Compaqdb

My lawyer sent an enquiry in June and I sent another one in July, both are still unanswered. The message for my wife is still "finger prints review result received...". It's 3 months and nothing happens. It is a torture to us even I have already got my plastic card :-(

Last edited by a moderator: