Primary application approved but derivative applicant not approved

rojey

rojey,

is your wife finger print expired? have you received the 2nd finger print notice?

Thanks

No news. Called BCIS 1-800 number this afternoon regarding the case status. Operator is nice and courteous but no useful information was given. However, She did send a request for case status update since it was pending for more than 18 months and said I will recieve the information by mail in 3 to 4 weeks. :(

--compaqdb

No 2nd FP yet

We had our finger prints down at last June, so the FP expires this Sep. Thus no 2nd FP notice yet

2.5 months and counting

Its been almost more than 2.5 months since my approval and my wife's case is still pending.
My RD 08/03/01, AD 03/28/03

* Her file was still attached to mine (last checked with VSC in May).
* She received 2nd FP notice and got FP'ed on May 30th
* On-line case status has still not changed
* Corporate lawyer feels it will take at least a month after 2nd FP was done.

Need infinite patience for this or wot?

Another stone in the pond. I called the 800 for an inquiry. The IIO asked details about the application for 10 mins (I though they must have this already) and said that I will hear from VSC in 3-4 weeks. I wonder if this exercise is helpful or if there is some other way. Any thoughts?

this process

is all we have ..however, inept, inadequate or futile as it sounds..
the IIO at the 1-800 number is very very good at reciting what your online message says and very quick to point out the 18 mnth threshold..and other than that they have minimum input...a case of wasted tax payers money!!

i happened to call them on my spouses 18th month anniversary..only to be told..that the 18th month is not up till the end of that day..and i should wait for my mail for that day before i ask for a query....hahahaha..i laughed at him and politely said he was of an immense help to me!!

Last edited by a moderator:
time to update

my spouse was approved on june 20th as per on line message..so now we all are approved!!:)

Please respond - Spouse RFE nature ...

Does any of you know, that what kind of RFEs, the spouses are receiving? I know that in case of primary applicant, they might ask all kinds of details related to employment, in addition to birth certificate.

If spouse is on H1b visa, before applying for 485, and got EAD after applied for 485, what all they might ask in RFE. Is there any possibility that they ask employment details?

Folks,
I was watching people’s messages all these days and today I thought of posting my Issue with Primary application approved but derivative applicant not approved.

My case was approved on Dec 11th 01 and I filed for my wife I485 on Dec 7th 01. It’s been more than 540 days and haven’t heard anything from VSC, I called them last week and they say my case is not assigned and right now they are processing cases filed on Dec 1st, so it’s going to take another 2 months for my wife’s case to get approved.

I have seen people who filed after Dec 7th and their cases getting approved.

I don’t know what to do at this point, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

maybe

I should add that I sent a personal query by mail last week...along with photocopies of the rest of the family's approval...maybe it helped..maybe it didn't...but i wasn't going to rely on the 1-800 number or wait for them to send a query....

just thought i'd share this with u all...........with regards to spouse's approval..

INSfiles-
Thanks for the info. I guess I will also that. Was this personal inquiry sent to VSC thru your lawyer or did you just write up a cover letter and included all the other supporting documents?

I am in the same boat. My wife's application was follow to join. Mine was Oct. 2001 which got approvred on Oct 15 2002. My wife's application is filed July 2002. Finger printed on 19th spet. Still pending. I was hoping that they would approve us together. Would wife's case be approved as the other july 2002 application?

Does anyone receive anything (case status update) after sending a query to VSC by calling NCSC 1-800 number? I am waiting for mine( I called on 6/17/03).

No updates from me, still waiting....

---Compaqdb

Compaqdb-
I think after VSC discontinued the status inquiry through phone they must have got creamed with status inquiries from NSC and they definitely must be real far behind on their correspondence. Why did they dis-continue status inquiry by phone anyway?

Hi,
My case got approved on June 27th, but my wife's case is still not approved. Her RFE for Medicals was received by BCIS on May 19th.My RFE for Employment was received on June 20th. Will she have to do fingerprinting agian as they will expire on July 10th?

PMGC-
I don't know about re-finger printing, I have read several threads about people who received their second FP notice. How can your finger prints expire? Well I also read someone post that you get the second FP notice if your case has not been assigned to an office.
Not of much help eh!