President wants to Deny Citizenship rights to kids born to Illegal parents on US Soil

Personally, I don’t have an issue with a constitutionally supported action which puts an end to birth tourism or anchor babyism.

I’m with mom on this one. The constitutional amendment supporting this was made for a noble reason (to ensure citizenship for the children of slaves) but it’s being widely abused these days.

However jbuff you may want to note it’s not just about children of illegals but many non-citizens, including tourists and other visa holders (work, study etc). I haven’t seen enough detail to understand if he means to exclude the children of green card holders too, though one of the news stories mentioned this group has been protected by legal decisions before. There has apparently not been any attempted action taken in the past against the children of birth tourists.

It happens alot in the Caribbean Community. That I know of "tourist babies" More like intentional births. They come up here to birth their kids. Ask me why? I haven't the slightest clue!!

It happens alot in the Caribbean Community. That I know of "tourist babies" More like intentional births. They come up here to birth their kids. Ask me why? I haven't the slightest clue!!
It’s a HUGE industry. Just google “birth tourism”.

It's a huge 'industry' in China too, with a base in Calif.

Forgive my ignorance but what benefits does one get.. Eg as a tourist that comes to America just to birth a baby?

I don't agree. It is a constitutionally protected right. It also is a very small percentage of citizens compared to the general population.

This reminds me of a job that I had when I was still at school in my second year of being in USA. I worked for a highschool that was in a not good part of the city and my students were mostly Hispanic.
They were born in USA but some of their parents were not still a citizen or legal resident. They grew up like other Americans children and went to school and they talk, think and act exactly like any other Americans highschool children.
To my eyes they were Americans and to hear someone tells people who born here and grew up not be a citizen is not only wrong but inhuman. Those children deserve free education and healthcare like any other Americans children and I don't believe someone should punish a kid because of the parents crime.