post name-check

Any updates ? Did anyone get call from FBI regarding name check status ? I haven't got the call yet.

Thanks

Got the call from FBI a while ago saying my name check was completed on Jan 12th, 2003. It took almost 3.5 weeks to get the call back.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Joining the club

2nd FP : July 2nd 2003.

RD : 10/25/2001
ND : 11/21/2001
1st FP : Jan 2002.

I have waited three years....and still no luck and my case seems to have hung up for name check. After reading this, I left a message to the number stated here. Hoping for the best...

nsc121901 wrote....
Got the call from FBI a while ago saying my name check was completed on Jan 12th, 2003. It took almost 3.5 weeks to get the call beck.
nsc121901,

Buddy you are one step closer for being approved.

Good luck.

I am still waiting to hear from FBI.

i left a voice mail10 days back... haven't heard from FBI about my name check yet...

I received a voice mail from FBI yesterday saying ...

"We finished your name check on Jan 5th 2003, and they were send back to INS Head quarters Washington DC,
once they receive it, they are supposed to notify your Local INS office"

Question: is name check, one time thing or it gets triggered multiple times?? (for example every time you do your FP??)

thanks guys...

I believe they just check once for I485. My wife's name check was cleared way earlier than mine and our case were approved in 39 days(30 days for another FP) after INS got my name check result. I heard that the background check result for visa was only valid for 45 days.

There are still people from 2001 waiting? This sucks.:( You guys should talk to your congressman. Hope the lawsuit here helps.

Called (04/15/04) FBI Name Check

Today (04/15/04) Called FBI Name check and left message ........

Thanks
Shashi

2nd EAD/I 765

RD - FEB 20 2004
ND - FEB 25 2004
AD - ?? ?? ????

I 485

RD- Sept 12 2002
ND- Sept 26 2002
AD- ???? ?? ????

fp & name check different??

Hi ,

I got 2nd FP after RFE - I called FBI - they told me they completed
my FP on april 8 and sent on same day to INS.
I am from TSC - but never heard about name check on forum
my question is - FP & name check are same or do i get some letter
from ins to do my name check??

please reply - so i can act quickly

Thank you

FP and name are two different checks. Read the entire thread for the phone number and other details. The phone# is different from FP results check.

hi,

i am a newbie for the 485. i want to know when the FBI name check is being done? the reason i ask is i am confused as to when the name check is done. is it done at the end of 485, at the beggining, how shd i know whether it is time for me to call the FBI? is there some trigger?

what is the order hat the USCIS has? namecheck, fingerprint check, background check, final RFE?

-clueless prashant!

Name-Check?

Hi:

I have questions about the name-check. How does this work?
At what stage can you do the name-check?

My RD/ ND for 485 is Oct 2002. Done FP 1 in Mar 03. Can I do the name check? How should I proceed? Do we have to contact the attorney to do that?

Thanks
skris

Guys,
since name check is a new procedure ( I think), the FBI initially took calls directly and answered them promptly, now they are being bombarded by phone calls and they set up an answering system.
just be patient, if you leave your info on the answer machine clearly (speak slowly) they will call you back.
they called me back 2 weeks later.
but the question is how long does it take for INS to update?

I just left vm for my name check at: 202 324 2399. Will update you guys when I get response.

What is # for FP check status? My FP status has not been updated from the FP notice.

How do you know you are in name check status? Will BCIS online status show that? Will you get a notice for that?

MY RD is Nov 02, and my 1FP is done in Jan 03, and no action at all since that. Wondering what is going on.

thanks a lot.