post name-check

wait600days

Registered Users (C)
Got call from FBI 3/16/04 that "your name check was just completed" and "sent to INS headquarter in DC, and they will notify your district office after receiving it".
However, I talked to my congress' office who has contact in Nebraska and I was told no update on my name-check yet. My congress suspects that INS may seek other clearance from other database (which I doubt) or it simply takes time to update.

Any1 has similar experience?
Is there any other namecheck besides FBI's ?
How long would it take to update at NSC?

I guess it has been 1000+ days by now since AUG 01, my RD.
:D

Hi wait600days!!!
When did you put in your request for name check ? I too had put in a request 2 weeks ago and still haven't received any call. Appreciate your reply.

Thanks

My name check was completed on Mar. 1 as FBI told me. I went to local INS office to asked my case status a week later (my file was transferred to local office). I was told that INS received my name chack result on Mar. 1. and I was back in que for finger print because my finger print was expired. I did my 3rd finger print yesterday.

Hi bxhst !
Appreciate if could please let us know when you actually requested Name check status and when you got the call back from FBI.

Thanks

I was notified by FBI on March 1. It took them a week to call me back. My name check stuck in FBI more than a year.

Anyway can any1 answer how long it will take for NSC to update namecheck completion?
Is there other name checks besides FBI's?

It's been 3 weeks since FBI told me my name check completed and result forwarded to BCIS. There is still nothing happened to my case.

How do you get the info whether name check is completed or not.
i called FBI they told me that my fp verification results have been sent to INS the same day.

please educate me on this...

Number for Name Check Status

FBI set up a new number in February for name check. Just leave name, date of birth & A# and hope they call back.
202 324 2399

Last edited by a moderator:
It took FBI two weeks to get back to me. But the thing is, they
said my name check was completed two days before. So maybe the call to FBI really speed up the process? But anyway, who knows if the delay of case is really due to the name check?!

It appears calling does speed up the namecheck.
It also appears INS would like to find new excuses even if your name check is completed.

How did you contact FBI

My case is in Feb-02(RD).
Did 2nd FP on Dec-03
Did not hear anything from INS.. No RFE even.
To contact FBI, do I need to go through local congressman or directly I can contact FBI. What FBI number. I am from MI.

Thanks
gcwaiting4long

Hi Gcwaiting4long!
See the message posted by wait600days in this thread. You can directly call FBI and leave a voice mail and they will get back to you in a week to 2 weeks.

"Number for Name Check Status
FBI set up a new number in February for name check. Just leave name, date of birth & A# and hope they call back.
202 324 2399 "

Thanks

Did any of you recently (in last 2 weeks) leave a message for name check if so did you get the status from FBI ?

Thanks

nsc121901,

I have not heard anything back from FBI yet. It's more than 2 weeks now.

I don't why it's taking so long...

I too haven't got any status and its been 3 weeks since I left the message for name check status. It seems to me like they are not calling people if they haven't done their name check yet.

Thanks