post name-check

nsc121901,

I have same question as TSC-RD-june2001. After reading entire thread, still no clue about it. Does everyone have to go through name check ?

Originally posted by nsc121901
FP and name are two different checks. Read the entire thread for the phone number and other details. The phone# is different from FP results check.

Originally posted by chq
nsc121901,

I have same question as TSC-RD-june2001. After reading entire thread, still no clue about it. Does everyone have to go through name check ?

The FP and name check are two different checks and are mandatory for every one apart from internal USCIS checks. Remember the 485 approvals were frozen from Last week of Oct 2002 thru Dec 2002 (may be thru Jan 2003), the reason was USCIS tried to do the name check for themselves but due to some technical problems they couldn't and hence dumped all the name checks requests to FBI (approx. 3.2m reqs) and so some requests are still pending for reasons unknown.

This is just my opionion. May or may not be a fact.

post namecheck

If the namecheck is the last thing for your case to get approved,
It takes about two weeks from the day your name is cleared to your approval. I got my named cleared by FBI on April 1(No April Fool's Joke though), and received approval notice from INS logcal office on April 13.

Hope this will help a little.

Can anybody explain the sequence

of finger print and name checking?

Should one assume that when he/she got notification of fp, then the request of name checking was also being forward to the FBI. How do you know that your case is in the name checking stage.

Thanks.

Received letter from FBI regarding my name check. They say they have completed it on 03rd Jan, 2003. This was in response to my FAX request. I did not specify my email address. They sent it by mail, did not call me at my phone numbers.

I forgot to inquire about my wife. I have to do it for her now. But, I think, her case must have been cleared too.

RD: ?? JUN 02
ND: 25 JUN 02

-sk

Hi SKJUN02!! Thanks for sharing info. When did you put in your request and when did you get the mail ?

I FAXed them on 04/27. Received the reply mail from them on 05/28.

I have a question here. Does the name check also expire like FP or is it a one time check only? Our stuff was cleared more than a year back.

I also had my 2nd FP done last week. Recently, there were some posts that they update the status after FP. My status has not changed from day 1 after 2 EAD/APs and now 2 FPs. Let me wait and see.

-sk

Is there any relation between name check and FP2. I remember I come across some post saying that BCIS only issue FP2 after security check (name check) is done. Is this true?

I called FBI about name check on 04/30, and never received a call back. now I have received the FP2 request, wondering if this means my name check has been cleared?

Also, remember in some posts saying that name check status can be found by inquiring local INS office? Is this also true? If so, I can check it when I do the FP2.

Thanks,

skjun02 said:
I FAXed them on 04/27. Received the reply mail from them on 05/28.

I have a question here. Does the name check also expire like FP or is it a one time check only? Our stuff was cleared more than a year back.

I also had my 2nd FP done last week. Recently, there were some posts that they update the status after FP. My status has not changed from day 1 after 2 EAD/APs and now 2 FPs. Let me wait and see.

-sk
I got a call on my cell phone from FBI saying that the name check had been completed. I had left them 2 voice messages with no response. I faxed them the status inquiry and they responded in 3 weeks.

Like nsc121901, I do not think this will expire.