Possible to travel to Dubai

Vinny727

Hello everyone, i've been reading these posts for quite a long time now, but never asked anything... i have a question, my family and i are planning on visiting Dubai in the next 6 months, but when i went on the Dubai website, it said that they do NOT give out visas on refugee travel documents or re-entry permits; YOU HAVE TO HAVE A NATIONAL PASSPORT. Is that true? or did i misunderstand something... can someone please help me out in this matter. i'm an AS8, and my mom is AS6 and dad is AS7. can all of us travel to dubai... we already have our green card!

Thanks in advance :)

Yes this is correct Dubai doesn't reconize RTD or Re-entry. You will need your national passport to go to Dubai, trust me you don't want to go to Dubai with a RTD or re-entry they will detain you at the airport for days until they figure out what a RTD or a re-entry permit is and then deport you.

Don't you have your national passport?

If you need help getting a visa I can guide you how to get one easily.

Ed

my passport was with my mom and it expired a couple of years back.. and when we went to the indian embassy, they wrote CANCELLED on our passport since it's already expired. and i've heard from people that the indian embassy gives u a hard time when u try and renew the national passport after claiming asylum... i'm already married now, is there any way that we can travel to dubai??? my mom is desperate to go there because there is a possibility that we might have a religious function there sometime in december or january. are there any ways to get the dubai embassy to give you a visa?

Vinny727 said:
my passport was with my mom and it expired a couple of years back.. and when we went to the indian embassy, they wrote CANCELLED on our passport since it's already expired. and i've heard from people that the indian embassy gives u a hard time when u try and renew the national passport after claiming asylum... i'm already married now, is there any way that we can travel to dubai??? my mom is desperate to go there because there is a possibility that we might have a religious function there sometime in december or january. are there any ways to get the dubai embassy to give you a visa?

How would the Indian embassy find out how you got your GC?

if i'm not mistaken, in the passport application it asks you have u ever applied for asylum... and you have to sign and notarize that...

I am in the same situation. Indian consulate is the worst when it comes to renewing passport. You are right. Those jerks ask you to notorize the statement. Why would anyone do that ?
I wish there was a way around or change of policy. It is very difficult to travel to such countries w/o national passport.

Vinny727 said:

If you got your greencard through asylum becareful to renewing your national passport. It may have negative impact on your status. Technically, if you renew your passport, your asylum cancells. This may not be the case in some situations, but to be safe do not renew your passport. At your citizen interview, you will have difficult time to convice the adjudicating officer that you are still eligible to retain your asylum let alone to becoming citizen; therefore, consider twice when it comes to renewing your national passport...good luck

Asylee13 said:
I am in the same situation. Indian consulate is the worst when it comes to renewing passport. You are right. Those jerks ask you to notorize the statement. Why would anyone do that ?
I wish there was a way around or change of policy. It is very difficult to travel to such countries w/o national passport.

A lot of countries besides India do that.

faysal said:
If you got your greencard through asylum becareful to renewing your national passport. It may have negative impact on your status. Technically, if you renew your passport, your asylum cancells. This may not be the case in some situations, but to be safe do not renew your passport. At your citizen interview, you will have difficult time to convice the adjudicating officer that you are still eligible to retain your asylum let alone to becoming citizen; therefore, consider twice when it comes to renewing your national passport...good luck

Here it starts again, the same old tune. Why can't we have a discussion without throwing baseless warnings to the people on this forum? I think we all have heard the above statement so many times, it's time to get over it and move on.

14ksusha said:
Here it starts again, the same old tune. Why can't we have a discussion without throwing baseless warnings to the people on this forum? I think we all have heard the above statement so many times, it's time to get over it and move on.

14ksusha, How about we let the people decide and not have the attitude of "oh no don't do it" as by Faysal or "yes go ahead and have fun" like yours.

Let people decide what they want to do. Lets not scare them Faysal and also lets not make it look like its walk in the park 14ksusha?

Asylee13 said:

Lets say I am an Indian National and came to United States legaly or illegaly and applied for "asylum" and it was granted .So do you think India looks at you with goodness in their eyes whenever you try to go back to them and ask them for a passport , they know you denounced India that you claimed that you been prosecuted for whatever reason also that there was no way for you to solve this in your home country and you had to bail and look for freedom and protection in some other country .

Asylum is a form of protection that allows individuals who are in the United States to remain here, provided that they meet the definition of a refugee and are not barred from either applying for or being granted asylum, and eventually to adjust their status to lawful permanent resident.
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/asylum/index.htm

Now United States provides you with several travel documents (actually 2 ..RTD & RP) using those documents , lets say you get arested or whatever happends to you , if by any chance you can get in touch with US Consulate , they will try to help you out , also if you can get in touch with your family and they contact you local congressman or senator , they will contact the local US Consulate so you can receive help , in a way they protecting you even when you travel

All I am saying is since you took those step be happy with whatever United States offers you , and stop looking for loopholes in the system to make your life better , if some contry do not recognize the RTD or RP just dont go there move on , become a US Citizen when your time comes and make sure you vote ;-)

Lets say you a green card holder from North Koreea and you travel to china using you national passport and for whatever reason chinese police puts their hands on ya , first thing they gona look for is your documents,now all they want is get rid of ya the first step would be contact your home country or the country under the passport you travel with , now if you would've travel using RTD with chinese visa and green card you bet your ass they would have to contact US Embassy or consulate
having 4 expiered RTD national passport and some other travel document is a nono also ... wtf are you trying to sell those or what
I know china is a bad exampe but this can happen from a large number of countries

Why would you wanna go to a country that has no recognition for REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT in a way no recognition for GENEVA CONVENTION and the ASYLEE ACT
in a way has no respect for the international laws that you are benefiting from as in asylum granted and a way for you to become a citizen in another country
p.s. i know dubai is not a poor country by any means also i know theres no human rights in that country also i know that that king likes american women
getting them pregnant and beating them up

what i am tryin to say is common sence about being an AS6 with a green card and traveling with National Passport you might be returned to that country under several cincumstances and some dont really wanna go back