Possible February Mumbai Interview Thread /Tracker !!!!!

Hi

Pkt 3 sent via courier service to consulate on Dec 6th 2001. delivered on Dec 10th. Called consulate today entered today. Lady was very nice and aasked me to call on Jan 15th 2001 for exact date but i will definitely have a Feb interview.
She verified my name and spouses name.

shri ganesh

Great new shri. Keep us posted on the progress. My documents reached dec 3. Still no case for me. Does Eb2/Eb3 matter? Any ideas

Shri Ganesh...

Congrates... Can you please answer -
1) Your case was approved when you sent your AC-140 packet to Mumbai. Did U chekc with NVC whethere your case was created by NVC or not? If not can you check and let me know did NVC also create a case for you?
2) If you check NVC AVM with the case number given by Mumbai consulate, what does it say?

Case created!

My Packet 3 reached Mumbai consulate on Dec 10th. My lawyer received an email from the consulate with the BMB case #.

nvc message???

My details :
I-140(EB3) AD : 09/2000 for CP ( Case is not transfered to NVC !!!)
Filed I-824 AD : 09/2001 .
(Still case is not transfered to NVC)
Mine is AC-140 , packet-3 reached mumbai consulate on 3-dec. Case is not created yet.

What is NVC message once your case created by consulate?

Anyone receive P4 from Mumbai ? need to verify for he PCC..

Guys ,

We need PCC, I called my parents and sending an application to
Newyork -india consulate for the police certificate.

Please do needful. no Need to wait .. it doesn\'t hurt eventhough it is not required.

Goes straight to operator at NVC

Hello everyone,

First of all, I prey for all those killed and wounded in Parliament attack in New Delhi. I am surprised that many people who expressed great grievances for September 11 remain quiet about the increased violence in India after September 11. follow armyinkashmir.org to know more about Kashmir issue.

Now:
I tried to call NVC to find out what AVM says. But it went straight to an operator every time I called (and I called about 5 times). To give you little background, my I-824 was approved mid-November and I did send a copy of that with AC140. NVC has not received my case from INS. The operator says it takes up to 90 days.

Secondly, my AC140 case has been accepted and assigned a number. I had sent an email to Mumbai consulate (not to mumbaiiv@state.gov but to a person at the consulate who had emailed me my case number) and I got a response from that individual within hours. I inquired about possible interview dates and PCC at Mumbai consulate.

The reply was:
My interview would most likely be in Feb given my name check is completed and the priority dates do not retrogress. The officer mentioned about the priority dates just to be politically correct. I do not expect any changes in a month since Visa bulleting for Jan 2002 is out and all EB categories are current. There was no reference to PCC at all. I talked with my lawyer about this and i was told that PCC doesn\'t look like as important as name check clearance but would not hurt to have one. As I had decided earlier, I will get it from Indian consulate - at least apply for one.

Once I hear the message on NVC AVM with my Mumbai consulate case number, I will post it here.

Mailed on 12/12, hoping for a Feb date!

My (dumba**ed) lawyer took about 2 weeks to turn around packet 3. Finally they mailed it - Hope to get in a feb date. If not, it\'s march, I guess!!

Google_hs,and others

I think you will get the Feb interview. Our cases date are same and
It sent to Mumbai togather in deplomatic pouch ( ?? ), I asked last night to mumbai and they still did not get P3 from NVC. Therefore,
I called NVC and they told me that they send our case to Mumbai on 11/27/2001 in diplomatic pouch and it can take form 1 to 12 weeks.

If you want, call Mumbai after your case has been received the case.
call mumbai on 011-91-22-3637407/08 bt. 2 to 4 p.m. IST. (3.30 to 5.30 EST). Please post your conversation .

Thanks

same here ..

even my lawyers messed up my Pkt 3 .. delayed it by 2 weeks for no reason at all.
I would have been in Jan ..but now it will be feb.

My Pkt 3 reached mumbai on Nov 19th..the operators said that I got thru the name check clearance on Nov 27th .. so no way will i geta jan i/v. I ve been asked to expect a Feb date.
I dont trust them one bit ..
for all u know I might have a Jan date..
I m waiting for them to update their web site , with the Jan appointments.

shri ganesh, 098765...

What is the significance of NVC AVM in a AC140 case? The consulate assigns a BMB # when they accpet Packet 3. How does that tie up with the NVC? Can someone please explain?

need some help

hi shree ganesh,
I am AC-I140, EB3.My documents reached mumbai on 3rd dec.I have called the consulate at least 3 or 4 times.The operators do not know about ACI140,and i have no clue as to what is happening there.If you don\'t mind, could you give me the email addr of the person who sent your case no.Maybe I could get some clue from him.I would be highly obliged.You could send it to my email address (rbhatnagarus@yahoo.com)

Anybody waiting for case no.to be assigned?

Is there anybody who has sent papers to mumbai consulate and still waiting for case no.to be assigned?I sent mine on 3rd Dec and still no case number?

mm123....

I was just confused as to what happens if the case is created at both the places and can we track the progress at NVC AVM if the case is created by consulate.

All in same boat except three people.

I think all of us are in same boat except Shri_ganesh, mm123 and WantAGC.

Pkt 3 rec\'d at Mumbai on 12/10, got an email confirmation of the receipt, could you help decipher

I sent an email to the Mumbai consulate (w/ FedEx delivery date, case # etc.) requesting the probable interview month. This was the response : "Yes we have received your papers."

Does this mean that they have entered it into their system ? Should I be planning for a Feb interview..

PCC from SF CGI

Hello,

I applied for PCC at SF consulate general of India. Simple process but huge line. Pay $11 per applicant, fill out the form as well as Personal Particular Proforma (3 copies with 3 pictures). Will get it in 35 days.

got my passports back as well. the lady even asked, "Is this for US immigration?" to which I responded "Yes". that means now they know why such a surge in PCC applications. i don\'t think anybody should have a problem....

PCC from SF.

Shri Ganesh, Do you get ur passport immediately or do you have to wait till end of day. Also is the PCC a separate document or a stamp on your passport?

Also my lawyers informed me that we will only need:
1) certificate from local police station
2) certificate from regional passport authority.

No Title

HI Everyone,
           Checked the Jan IV dates posted on the web site but my case number is not on it. So looks like Feb. for me. Also someone at the consulate told me that it is likely it will be first week of February. Is that likely? How reliable are these telephone operators?