Portland Oregon transfer - any info pls

how about AP?

gc_aug_05
how about the Advance parole for the spouses , where do we get that ?
and can you share with me how many days before you had applied /got the EAd , i mean should i have to go to the Portland INS office 90 days prior to the expiry of the EAD/AP ?
thanks
Anil

gc_aug_05 said:
I setup an Infopass appointment, took all the requisite documents along with EAD application AND THE 175 $ CHECK . As I was thinking in the morning, my wife got EAD on the spot. We were out in 10-15 minutes. He did'nt take the photos we are brought. He took one right over there and produced the card. I like Portland Office, Wish I was transferred here long time ago.. Oh well.. lets wait and see

Regarding AP and EAD

lina_hc said:
gc_aug_05
how about the Advance parole for the spouses , where do we get that ?
and can you share with me how many days before you had applied /got the EAd , i mean should i have to go to the Portland INS office 90 days prior to the expiry of the EAD/AP ?
thanks
Anil

AP :
Look at this link about portland office on USCIS site
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/portlandor/aboutus.htm#anchor155614
In the "Local filing procedures" they have information for Advance Parole.

It says "Please submit your form at least three weeks in advance of your planned travel. For emergency travel authorization, please submit your Form I-131 in person at the Information Counter during regular business hours with any evidence you may have regarding the emergency. We will make every attempt to handle emergency requests on the same day."

If you work close to Downtown I suggest you take an Infopass Appointment and check it out with them. Thay may accept your application right there. I just got EAD for my wife today, but did not apply for AP yet. You can ask any other questions you have about your case.

EAD
Since there was no concrete information of Employment based transfer cases for EAD, I took a chance and went there toay, prepared with all documents for EAD. We got the EAD right on the spot on the same day. I suggest you go 90 days in advance and check if they can give an EAD starting from a later date or something. Not sure about that. For my wife, she needed EAD immediately, since she doesnt have one currently

thanks!

gc_aug_05
thanks for the info , i live close to down town , so i will go directly to the INS office and get it done then and there , for me and my wife.
thanks
Anil

interview preponment

did any one of you tried for a preponment before july 05 at portland office?

Any Updates on your cases????

He Guys, I am looking at this thread after months. Our cases became current this month, so we went to local office to inquire about our cases. However, as has been happening to us, when one thing becomes current, something other expires. This time it was our fingerprints. So the officer gave us walk in appointment to local Application Support Center to get our 2nd FPs. Since, the office is quite close, we got the Fps done right away. So now we wait again and will probably go back to local office in next 2-3 weeks, if dont receive any updates..

lina_hc,
I dont think I could have preponed my interview, since my cases just got transferred around the same time and I assumed that it will take atleast 1-2 weeks for local office to receive our file papers from NSC

Not sure if you guys are visiting this forum, off late? Anyways lets keep in touch and provide updates, if there is any progress.

yooo-hooo

My wife and I went to USCIS today to submit renewal for EAD and AP. The officer told us that we need not submit the forms because our I-485 was approved last week on 5/17/06. She mentioned it can take several months to get the actual green card, but she gave us some temporary card valid for an year.

EB3 India PD: 1/19/2001