Portland Oregon transfer - any info pls

sd1963

Registered Users (C)
transfer date 9th Jan 2003
RD 08/20/01 NSC

any info wait time , experience highly appreciated

sd1967

I may be in your situation, as I have just moved to Portland area (from Chicago), and my case generally appears screwed, and expect a local transfer.

If this (local transfer) does not happen sure miracles do happen.

RD: Late Oct. 01

cool may be I will get some one to share this pain :)

incidentaly have also moved from Chicago(but a job change)
I am still trying to be optimistic and what I heard so far Portland does it 2-4 months.

about 4 months waiting

My case(job change) transfered to Portland on Sep. 2002, got interview on Jan.2003. siny

thanks siny

few more questions

what document they asked from you?
can you refer me a lawyer (to accompany me on the day of interview as my lawyer is not local)?

thanks a lot for helping

you'll get a notice letter to tell you what they want.

In my case, they want the employer letter. And the questions are very simple:
1. Who you are working for?
2. Current address.

Have yours been approved? How large is the new company you work with here in Portland?

I am worrying about changing to a local star-up might screw the case...:confused: :mad:

local transfer - what does your AVM or online message say??

how do you know if your file is transferred to local office? what is the message on the AVM and Online status check??

please post, thanks.

local transfer - what does your AVM or online message say??

how do you know if your file is transferred to local office? what is the message on the AVM and Online status check??

please post, thanks.

don't remeber the exact wording but says something like --- 'your case has been transferred to Portland OR district office for processing. ' it doesn't say anything about interview. but 99.9% there is an interview.

the transfer notice says same thing with a pharse 'speed processing'. That is the comedy relief in this tension filled drama of life I suppose.

got interview notice 2/20/03
interview date 3/25/03

all the interview letters had wrong address (typo). by grace of god and excellent postal service (unlike INS) two of them (my wife's and kid's) reached my mailbox (the house number on that street was non existant). so went to Portland INS this morning. a nice lady acknowledged the mistake and gave me my lost interview letter from their file.

I hope to be out of this blackhole soon.

sd1963
Good to know you have got ur interview date/letter.
I got mine too. Mar6th.

thanks for all your support/advice. You guesstimates proved right for Denver INS.

Believe it or not I had the same problem with Denver INS and I had to go in personally and got a copy of the letter from them since they did not have my correct address.

Best wishes for your interview.
Keep me posted

adjustee

good to know that you got yours too. let me know your experience. hope you get it all done on 6th march itself

best of luck

can we cross check our document lists?

SD1963!
How is it going?
Are you all set for 'the day'?
Can you pls post he list of documents that you are taking along for the interview. Am preparing my list too. May be we can cross-check and verify. If you dont mind.

Thanks

hey adjustee,

I haven't started formally arranging them yet but here is a rough list

personal stuff:

marriage cert, educational cert.
lease agreement, bank statement , insurance, common credit card etc. (with my and my wifes name)
child's birth cert
all birth certificates (affidavit and non availibility cert)
photos
driver's license(me and wife)

employment stuff:

current and prev emp letters
all paystubs
all W2s
last three year's tax transcript

immigartion stuff: (basically everything that I have including originals)

passports
I 94s
all EAD so far
labor cert.
all H1 and H4 (including earlier visists)
I -140 (original)
I 485 (receipts)
FP receipt and some paper that the center gave me on the day of FP
RFE copy and response
Portability letter drafted by my lawyer (submitted long back)

DID I MISS ANYTHING Please suggest

good luck to you

Nope.
You have everything and more!

I found that I am missign a couple of things.
By photos what do you mean? (normal immig passport size photos?)

Do we need the marriage album etc?

I am also taking medical/life insurance certificates(with dependant/eligible list) and auto-insurance with both me and my wife on it.

I can think about anything else.

Thanks SD

I am taking two EAD style photo for each (I don't know if they are required) do they need photo if they stamp passport same day? I guess stamping should accompany some photo.

no marraige album. may take couple of family photos may be. I don't think it is required for me I have the biggest evidence my son and his birth certificate (from India though)

Do you know whether local office started stamping on the same day or do people still waiting after interview.

Most of the local offices seem to stamp on the same day for EB cases. They might ask you to come back again if you missed any document that they want to look at or if they need time to verify a claim made by you. These are higly unlikely for employment based cases.
Some local offices are notorious of not stamping on teh same day. As far as I have heard Denver and Portland are not in that list.
We are ready with all our documentation. I think we should be stamped on the same day.
The IIO I met in Denver INS to get case status said the stamping will be on the same day.

I will also get two photgraphs for each of us. I am taking our marraige album because I was told the local transfer was triggered by our recent marriage and hence they might want to verify the marriage. Thats why..

Thanks and all the best.
I will let you know Thursday evening about how it went. Keep your fingers crossed!