Poll on "Order of posts within a thread"

What do you think should be the order of a post within a thread?

• Latest post at top of the thread

Votes: 155 54.0%
  • Oldest post at top of the thread

Votes: 126 43.9%
  • Order does not matter

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was not able to vote :confused:

Latest on top. Also Consolidated 2003 tracker (VSC 140/485) on top please.

oldest 1st

I think oldest first should be good since the oldest post describes what the discussion is about...

It is indeed confusing. Most of the places I cannot get the point why the discussion started.

Can we have a setting in our profile to have a oldest/latest post as top/bottom/random :D (for people whom order does not matters!).

For those of you who need answers without knowing questions - dhanya ho dhanya ho! Himalaya is waiting for you!

Random ones are still more intelligent choice - there will be a finite possibility for them to see posts in order or question immediately followed by answer. But not sure if they can decide weather to read from top to bottom or bottom to top. Probability of reading in context will be 50% of the chance of getting posts in order - still intelligent than latest first. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys who voted for "latest first," please send me the reading instruction kit.
I was reading a thread today and I had no idea why I couldn't get anything from what people had written, until I saw this poll.
I hope more people will vote for oldest first.

WOW

For those who need oldest first:

MADAM I M ADAM.

:esrever deen ohw esoht roF
MADA M I MADAM.

Oldest First

Thank you for asking Rajiv!

I think we should leave the way it was initially. (oldest first)
I saw it is already changed to newest to oldest and somehow didn't like the idea.

I read the first message in many forums..couldn't not figure out what the hell people are takling about....didn't know how far down should I go to start reading from beginning or from the point I read last message. (when I visited previously).

Also I felt like watching a suspense movie after knowing the suspense.

Thogh I see oldest to newest are in MINORITY right now I am sure the numbers will pick up once people start using the forums.

How about having a SORT option. So we can set it either way we want.

Thanks

PhillyJune1

Fiction revisited Pulp.

It sure was a blender to go to the last page and get the feeling of deja vu all over again.

(Pulp Fiction revisited)

Q: Because it's backwards.
A: Why is top-posting wrong?

This is top-posting. Top-posting is confusing. We read top-down, not bottom-up. Please put the threads back to oldest first. Thanks.

Latest on top is a very bad idea. It may not be a problem for someone read every post timely. Otherwise you have to go to the bottom of the page read backwords.

Oldest First Please !!!

For those wanting Latest first just to avoid browsing -

My question is - Do you really remember the context of thread when you come back to view it ? If you do that means you must be visiting very often. If so, you may be having more free time on your hands and in that case why worry about saving browsing time ???? :D :rolleyes:

Oldest First Please !

This might be opted by new forum members. But people like me are used to Oldest first.

--Vortex.

It is really confusing.

Reading answer's first and guessing what was the question the senior answered for.

Please let's go in the ascending order.

thanks

Rajiv

Rajiv,

You have built an amazingly active and informative community here. And I'm sure all regular visitors are very thankful about that. Do yourself and us a favor: Please don't sour the milk with this new ordering

In my opinion this new backwards order is just totally nuts. I just can't read the threads that way. When people post a long message that don't fit on one page, you have to scroll up and down and up and down to follow the thread.

If it doesn't change back, or if it doesn't become a user-selectable option, I'm leaving.

And if this is an early April fools joke: IT IS NOT FUNNY. No it is not.