Pls help H1b from Japan for Indian

geokumpuckal

Registered Users (C)
Dear All
I am currently in Japan from my company in India and I am an employee of the Japan Branch of my company.I have an engineer status visa in Japan.The visa is for one year and it will be extended.I hold an Indian passport.

Is it possible for me to attend the H1B visa interview in the American consulate of Japan.
Are there more chances of getting the visa if I attend the interview here in Japan or will it be adversily affecting.

I am planning to find an employer in USA and try to make him file h1b for me.

Any help regarding the matter is appreciated

If you lived in Japan, you have more reason to apply for visa there, so that it may work. But consulate sometimes says they can not run educational evaluatoin in foreign country and you should go to your home country.
You can try it in japan, all you lose is only 10000 yen.

Re

Dear GotPR san,
Thank you very much for the prompt response.

Is it possible to give more information on the same.

-Regarding the validation of credentials,(as it was validated when I got the Certificate Of Eligibility in Japan for applying for the re entry permit)
-Are there any good consultunts in Tokyo which does the H1B procesing stuff.
-How long it normally takes for all the procesing.As I am in tnhe initial stage I dont have much clue on the matter.

Thank you once again

George

1) If you are talking about credential eval for H1 petition, that is not done by consulate, and it does not matter where you are. What i'm talking about is visa stamp processing. I have read some posts on this board that consulate told these people to go to their home country to get stamp.. But at the same time, some people gets H1 visa at canada/mexico without problem.
I think you should try it as you do not need to wait long for appoinment.

2) Sorry, i did not use lawyer in japan, and no idea. I know some lawyers who specialize(they say so) in the US/Canada immigration in Tokyo, but i have no clue how good they are.
3) visa process at consulate is usually 2, 3 days in Japan. H1 petition usaully takes a few months, but if you go with premium processing, it should be 15 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re

Thank you very much for the information.It would be a great help if you could give me the cantact details of those lawyers you mentioned.

Also you have funded me with great deal of information.

Thank you very much
Sincerely

George

please send me the same details which u had send

Hai, can u pls send me a PM to me with the same details u had send about immigration lawyers for tokyo. mine is also the same case.

PM sent.
Remember I have never used this law firm and have no idea how good they are.
you may want to ask orginal poster of this topic for his experience with them.

You are worrying too much for nothing. First try to get a sponser who can get you an H1. Now all the quotas are over, atleast until April 2007 you have no chance in applying your H1. If your resident visa in Japan get extended that time you can definitely appear your visa interview in Japan.

Your sponser will appoint an attorney to get your H1 and you no need to worry about any attorney this point of time.

geokumpuckal said:
Dear All
I am currently in Japan from my company in India and I am an employee of the Japan Branch of my company.I have an engineer status visa in Japan.The visa is for one year and it will be extended.I hold an Indian passport.

Is it possible for me to attend the H1B visa interview in the American consulate of Japan.
Are there more chances of getting the visa if I attend the interview here in Japan or will it be adversily affecting.

You are worrying too much for nothing. First try to get a sponser who can get you an H1. Now all the quotas are over, atleast until April 2007 you have no chance in applying your H1. If your resident visa in Japan get extended that time you can definitely appear your visa interview in Japan.

Your sponser will appoint an attorney to get your H1 and you no need to worry about any attorney this point of time.
Dear All

Could you please help me, If you have any contact details of any Agency in getting H1B Visa for USA.

Regards
Sangram

you do not need any lawyer for your H1b in japan.
Thanks. I have filed for my H1B thru an agency.
I work in Tokyo with Engineer status at a Japanese firm. I am an Indian passport holder.

If my H1B petition gets thru the lottery,
1. is there any advantage of it being applied from Tokyo than from India?
2. Is there any advantage of stamping from Tokyo than from India?

My contract might get over in June and not sure if I can get a different job or contract extension after June. Hence need your suggestions