please post your experience on calling the CSC emergency number

For me they said my case was stuck in name check.This is the first time I was told about this.So I think this phone number folks give more details.

-----------------------------------
wac02080XXXXX
ND Jan 2002

I called the emergency nubmer three times. When I called first I was said by the woman who was kind. She told me that I have to wait 60 days and my case is still open.

When I called secondly, the representative was not kind. She said, "This is emergency line. Call the customer service center." She had not good attitude. Last three months I have made three inquries but I have not received any response from CSC. This is a kind of emergency case....

Today I called again. I was told as I have to wait. That's it.

Many cases field in 2004 have been approved, but the casese of 2002 and 2003 have not been touched. It is really unfair. This is a kind of lawsuit case.

TensedAlways said:
For me they said my case was stuck in name check.This is the first time I was told about this.So I think this phone number folks give more details.

-----------------------------------
wac02080XXXXX
ND Jan 2002

Did you call the emergency number?

My LUD changed on Nov 18 and the case was missing from the system since then, so I called the emergency number today to find out whats going on...

the lady was nice and she went through the case on the system and said, my FP is OK, name check came ok.. everything is ready for adjudication, but they sent one letter ( she could not figur out what it was) which has came back or something.... she was not sure.. she needed a week time to call the file and check. she asked to call back in a week.

meanwhile, I got a call from my friend, whose address is my correspondence address at USCIS saying he got a letter from USCIS saying they have a new address in file and they asked me to file AR-11.

this possibility could have happened only when I sent a senator enquiry, I put my current address, where as all these time I was using my friend's (citizen) address.

After couple of hours, I called again and asked for the same lady and spoke to her and explained about the letter I received (address change) and explained to my situation, she said she would call for that file and call me back. she took my numbers. she advised me to hold on to the letter till she speak to me again. will anyone would do that extent?

Here are my details:

140_ RD- Jun2002
First FP - Dec 2002 for me and spouse
I-140- AD- Jan2003 (with 3 RFE's in 6 months)
I-485 -RD-OCT2002
First FP - Dece 2002
Spuse second FP - Sept 10, 04
my second FP - Oct 28,2004
Got an email on Nov 3 from CSC saying my case is in line for adjudication with the adjudication officer. please allow sufficient time.
LUD - Nov 3, - FP results received
Nov4, 04 ( both me and spouse)
Senator letter on Nov 5
LUD on Nov 18, status disappeared from the system
Nov 17, sent a letter for change of address.
Nov 22, called CSC emergency number

Got Approval after calling the Emergency number last week.
Looks like the info which the lady gave was correct.

Finally got Approval emails for me and my wife on a day when I least expected (Day before thanks giving)

I also have some bad GC experience like many on this board. Here is the summary
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Came to US on July 1999
Applied for GC (Labor) on Sept 2000
Labor Approved on Nov 2000
I-140 Applied on Dec 2000
I-140 Rejected since the check sent with aplication was dated Oct 2000 and expired 6 months
when they pick the Application for Processing on Apr 2002
Reapplied I-140 on Oct 2001
RFE on APR 2002 I-140 for Company Tax details
I-140 Approved on May 2002
I-485 Applied on Aug 2002
Changed the Company on Oct 2003
2 FPs (Second FP on 06/16/04)
Filed AC21 on Aug 2004
Changed Address on Sept 2004
3 EAD's (3rd Applied on Sept 28-04, Still not Approved)
Lot of Equiries thru Phone/Fax - Never got Reply
Called Emergeny number last week and they said that my case is with Office from Nov 3rd-04

Finally Approved on 11/24/04

I tried calling the emergency number twice today to know what is going on with my case.
First time a lady said, we dont give status like that, you will have to fax us for an inquiry.
Second time another lady said, this number is for emergency only (was a little rude).

Would you normally see LUD changes after you call the emergency number? If so how long? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Called emergency line today

Today I called CSC emergency line and the lady looked into my case and uttered the magic words "your I-485 has been approved yesterday". But I don't see any LUD/status changes in online and in phone system. Don't know whether to believe her words!

Any ideas whether it could be true?

WAC0303**
RD:OCT 2002
2nd FP: 2/15
LUD: 2/23 saying FP received and processing resumed.

gcsoon2002 said:
Today I called CSC emergency line and the lady looked into my case and uttered the magic words "your I-485 has been approved yesterday". But I don't see any LUD/status changes in online and in phone system. Don't know whether to believe her words!

Any ideas whether it could be true?

WAC0303**
RD:OCT 2002
2nd FP: 2/15
LUD: 2/23 saying FP received and processing resumed.

Sounds like good news. Congrats!

calgc2004 said:
yes, usually after 2 to 3 days you will see the LUD change.

Thanks. I guess that was it then. I had a LUD change was hoping it was not related to the call :(

Stupid Question

When you call them up do you ask about the status on the 140 or the 485. I asked for the status of 140 and was kicked out. I am thinking of calling again and asking about the 485

Thanks

gumnaam00 said:
Stupid Question

When you call them up do you ask about the status on the 140 or the 485. I asked for the status of 140 and was kicked out. I am thinking of calling again and asking about the 485

Thanks

I just asked them if my name check was cleared and they told me no. I am sure you can ask them about your status. Good luck.

name check cleared

I called them up again today... and asked if the name check was cleared...she said that the name check on my application was cleared and they are processing the Aug 2nd applications...

gumnaam00 said:
I called them up again today... and asked if the name check was cleared...she said that the name check on my application was cleared and they are processing the Aug 2nd applications...

Good news for you. You could get approved soon. You are much luckier than me/lots of us :)

gumnaam00 said:
Well I hope so too and good luck to you.

BTW what does your signature mean? I couldn't figure it out

I just got bored so I played with my sig. I was just saying although I understand checking my case status online time and time again won't change a thing about the fact it's forever pending, I keep doing it. something stupid I do, among others :D