Please help. Not sure where to go from here.

gcpain1

Registered Users (C)
We applied for OCI thru travisa and chicago consulate. When I check the online status , it says registration status granted on Apr 18th 2011. Since then the status did not change for printed. Does this mean my application is rejected or photo rejected. Nobody at the consulate is answering the phone and nobody at travisa is answering the phone they just put me on hold. I feel so lost and stuck. Now, i feel like I also lost my US passports in this process. Anybody who can help me. thanks a lot.

We applied for OCI thru travisa and chicago consulate. When I check the online status , it says registration status granted on Apr 18th 2011. Since then the status did not change for printed. Does this mean my application is rejected or photo rejected. Nobody at the consulate is answering the phone and nobody at travisa is answering the phone they just put me on hold. I feel so lost and stuck. Now, i feel like I also lost my US passports in this process. Anybody who can help me. thanks a lot.

The passports remain in the custody of the Chicago consulate. Passports are not sent to India. The only thing that gets printed there is your OCI booklet. If you don't hear anything within a week, I'd suggest shoot them another email or visit in person.

thank you for taking the time to answer my question. we live 3 hours from the consulate and is painful to go with 2 kids . if only somebody told us something over the phone. anyway, if we have to go then I guess we will. however, I still have a question, since the status did not change to printed since apr 18th when registration was granted, is it a forgone conclusion that my photo has been rejected? or I stll have hope?

The Indian consulate never answers their phone calls here in San Francisco. I don't know how the Chicago consulate is. The only way to get a hold of these idiots is by email unfortunately. If you can, wait for a week and then start bugging them. I'll post my time line to give you an idea... Also, I applied through Travisa. They suck as well but slightly lesser than the consulate.
Acknowledgment- 17-APR-2011
Scanned On 19-APR-2011
Granted On 19-APR-2011
Printed On 25-APR-2011
Dispatched On 29-APR-2011
Received at 0 -MAY-2011...not yet received. And it's supposed to be a diplomatic mail.

thank you for taking the time to answer my question. we live 3 hours from the consulate and is painful to go with 2 kids . if only somebody told us something over the phone. anyway, if we have to go then I guess we will. however, I still have a question, since the status did not change to printed since apr 18th when registration was granted, is it a forgone conclusion that my photo has been rejected? or I stll have hope?

Here is some historical info on number of days it takes to print, some other user took the trouble to compile this info:

forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?213121-OCI-San-Francisco-Tracker&p=2294470#post2294470

(do a copy paste of the above in your browser)

I guess you can wait until 22 days, before pushing the panic button and then call the consulate for follow up.

gcpain1.. Wait till May 15 for the OCI to get printed.. Also chicago consulate has a phone number to call only between the hours of 10:00 and 11:00. It's hard. But I have gotten the line couple of times with them..Keep trying..

http://hcilondon.in/oci.php
Note: When the status of an OCI document in the online status enquiry is GRANTED and NOT PRINTED EVEN AFTER A WEEK, please note that the photograph uploaded could not be printed in Delhi. To rectify this, please take a copy of the status report and paste a FRESH PHOTOGRAPH (51x51mm with 80% coverage of face) on the left hand below the status report copy & sign (thumb impression in case of infants) on the right hand side opposite to the photo and submit it at token counter of High Commission (upto 1200 hrs. only) or send by post to OCI Department by special delivery. This will be scanned and uploaded again

** the above info was posted in past. As the scanning is done by consulate you can send the above to Consulate or to Travisa with cover letter so that they can sent it to Consulate.
** Post the updates.
Good Luck!!

I called and finally talked to somebody at the consulate chicago. He said if the there was problem, the scanned message would have changed to rejected. he took my number and said, he would call me COB today and let me know why there is a delay. He said don't assume your application is rejected.

So here i am, waiting........hopefully he will call me but i don't think he will.

IS it true the status changes to a REJECT if something is wrong?

Seems like it. I did a search and found the following thread:

forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?315896-OCI-Online-Inquiry-Status&p=2220111#post2220111

I saw that thread too. Thanks for the time. I was just wondering if they changed the process since. Hope they do something with my status soon. This limbo status is painful.

I understand that the wait is frustrating. Based on what I have read on these forums, no OCI printing has happened since the 25th of April. Go figure!

For the benefit of everyone else, please post back if you hear back from the consulate or when your status changes.

The Consulate actually called me back today, which was a pleasent surprise. He said that I need to wait it out this week, and that my application has not been rejected. It seems like there is a delay in New delhi. Also, he said the status changes to "REJCETD" if it were in fact rejected. So holding on tight.........

Same here ..... OCI status : granted ..( 19th april ) ...no Print yet .... > ni try;d calling ..travisa n CGI chicago ...no one answer the phone ever there ....:(

Or, they're not Indian and don't speak Hindi, maybe?

If they are not Indian, then they are scamming my erstwhile motherland. We are on the OCI forum aren't we? :)

Except for some parts of TN and Kerala and maybe Puducherry, most other states understand Hindi. Ne hu I was just trying to be funny, not touchy about the subject. :)

BTW, did you get your SC yet cafe?