Please Help: Is there a grace period on the I-94 expiration date?

leigh

Registered Users (C)
This is really frustrating, my parents come to visit me on March 6 and they showed their return flight tickets to the POE officer which is on September 4 assuming the standard I-94 stay is 6 month. But the Officer put September 3 on the I-94 card. Would it be ok to overstay for just one day or do we have to spend hundreds to change the return flights? Will a one-day overstay affect future visa application? Need your suggestion please! And do you know if there is a way to go back to the airport to request a change? Thanks.

A definate no no , never overstay !

They must not over stay, you can however go to the airport and ask to see immigration officer to ask if he will amend or extend, or give a new I 94

Thank you so much for your suggestion. Do you know how we can find the immigration officer in the airport? I tried to find the immigration service on the airport website but don't see a public office there. Thanks again.

ICE has offices at all international airports. Just ask the information desk. There is no grace period. If they overstay their visa is automatically void.

Hi, thank you all for your replies. Your suggestion really helped. We went to the airport today and were able to talk with an immigration officer (through the phone though who is working in the restricted area at the airport) and he checked the record in the system and told us their record showed the I-94 expiration dates were actually 9/5 and it could be a typo on the I-94 card, so my parents should be fine to leave on their 9/4 flights. I am so happy the issue gets resolved. Thank you all for your help.

My daughters I94 and h4 visa is expired,I am going to india on nov 26 so can we apply for 194 extension from Us and stamp h4 for her in India?Is it necessary to apply for extension?

I was told that U can go to india within 90 days after her I94 expiration and get her H4 stamped and then there will be no issue for her to enter US,is it true?
Please advice.

Although she is illegally present and deportable, until her illegal presence reaches 180 days she is not banned from entering the US. She may have difficulty with visa stamping or reentry as neither is guaranteed to anyone.

I94 expired

What if I apply for her I-539 and then go to india and get her H4 stamped when her case is pending here?
So filling of I539 will make her stay legal till she gets approval and I will be going to India on 26th nov when I will get her H4 stamped, will this resolve my issue?