Please Advice N400 Delay & Wrong Status

RobinK76

Registered Users (C)
Hello I would like to know if I need to contact my Congressman in regards to my N400 application delay. I had my citizenship interview over 9 months ago and was told to hear from USCIS after 3 weeks (which I never did). Since then I had my 2nd finger prints done and also received an e-mail from USCIS stating that I had been approved for citizenship and that I should wait for oath scheduling.

Yesterday I went for Infopass to find out my status and was told that the e-mail is very contradictory as the USCIS computer shows my status as "a decision cannot be made". The IO asked me to fill a form with my details and told me he would call me in 24 hours with an update (I am still waiting).

I will appreciate if someone could advice me on what I should do ??
Thank you !!!!

Robin

Below is my timeline.

Sept 2006: N400 filled
Oct 2006: Finger Prints Done
Jul 2007: Interview Notice
Aug 2007: Interview Done
(interviewing officer said everything looks ok, Dont Worry you shouldn't have any problems, you should hear from us in 3-4 weeks, N652 "decision cannot be made at this time")

5 months went by NO News

Jan 2nd, 2008: Called USCIS & Inquiry filed
Jan 4th, 2008: Received E-mail confirming that my application for citizenship was approved, USCIS will schedule you for the Oath ceremony as soon as a slot is open.

Jan 9th 2008: Received letter for 2nd Finger printing
Jan 16th 2008: 2nd Finger prints done

Mar 25th 2008: Called USCIS & inquiry filed.

Apr 11th 2008: Received letter from USCIS saying "Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 180 days".

May 14th 2008: INFOPASS: Was told USCIS computer shows " a Decision Cannot be made at this time" ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your application is sitting in a pile on supervisor's desk waiting for final review. Go ahead and contact your congressman and USCIS ombudsman and them involved with your case status.

My case is almost the same as yours; you are eligible for a civil suit after 120 days of your interview (PETITION ON HEARING ON NATURALIZATION APPLICATION UNDER 8 U.S.C. § 1447(b). Just file it ASAP and ask the judge to get you Oath in the court. Don't believe in USCIS folks as they will keep giving you different stories every month. Choice is your and let me know if you need any of my help for filing Pro Se---Very simple

Hello I would like to know if I need to contact my Congressman in regards to my N400 application delay. I had my citizenship interview over 9 months ago and was told to hear from USCIS after 3 weeks (which I never did). Since then I had my 2nd finger prints done and also received an e-mail from USCIS stating that I had been approved for citizenship and that I should wait for oath scheduling.
Yesterday I went for Infopass to find out my status and was told that it is very contradictory as the USCIS computer shows my status as "a decision cannot be made". The IO asked me to fill a form with my details and told me he would call me in 24 hours with an update (I am still waiting).

I will appreciate if someone could advice me on what I should do ??
Thank you !!!!

Robin

Below is my timeline.

Sept 2006: N400 filled
Oct 2006: Finger Prints Done
Jul 2007: Interview Notice
Aug 2007: Interview Done
(interviewing officer said everything looks ok, Dont Worry you shouldn't have any problems, you should hear from us in 3-4 weeks, N652 "decision cannot be made at this time")

5 months went by NO News

Jan 2nd, 2008: Called USCIS & Inquiry filed
Jan 4th, 2008: Received E-mail confirming that my application for citizenship was approved, USCIS will schedule you for the Oath ceremony as soon as a slot is open.

Jan 9th 2008: Received letter for 2nd Finger printing
Jan 16th 2008: 2nd Finger prints done

Mar 25th 2008: Called USCIS & inquiry filed.

Apr 11th 2008: Received letter from USCIS saying "Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 180 days".

May 14th 2008: INFOPASS: Was told USCIS computer shows " a Decision Cannot be made at this time" ??

Hello OK -BOY, you are right USCIS guys are giving a different story everytime. Please advice me on how I can file a civil suit. Did you have to file one ?? Kindly give me all the details on how I should proceed with this..

Cheers !!!

Before jumping the gun and suing the government by filing 1447(b) you may want to make sure you have a record of who you contacted (USCIS, congressman, USCIS ombudsman, etc..) and when to build your case.

You are absolutely right Bobsmyth, Could you adivce me on how to contact my congressman, Ombudsman ? Do I write an official letter or e-mail, etc ?

Thanks !!

You are absolutely right Bobsmyth, Could you adivce me on how to contact my congressman, Ombudsman ? Do I write an official letter or e-mail, etc ?

Thanks !!

Writing them by letter would be best. Google to see who your congressman is.
As for USCIS ombudsman, see http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm
on how to contact him.
If OK-Boy had success in filing 1447(b) without having contacted congressman or ombudsman perhaps he could share his experience with you.

Your case is good to go for suit; don't waste any more time in all those congressional inquiries. Send me a message in PM with your email and I'll send ya all the info. If you desperately need it then file suit and if you don't care much about it then do what the others say. Choice is yours...

Hello OK -BOY, you are right USCIS guys are giving a different story everytime. Please advice me on how I can file a civil suit. Did you have to file one ?? Kindly give me all the details on how I should proceed with this..

Cheers !!!

Thanks Bob and Ok-Boy. I appreciate your replies very much.
Ok Boy I sent you PM with my e-mail...Looking fwd to your reply....

Cheers !!!

Desperately need help for my citizenship application

Dear OK Boy and all other friends:

I filed my citizenship application in early Septmeber 2005, with priority date
Sept 12, 2005. I did first finger print in Dec 10, 2005. I passed interview in 04/26/2006. I visited Charlotte, NC office 4 times, each time got a different answer. I did my 2nd finger print in 05/14/2008.

After 3 years, I am still waiting in the dark. Could anybody give me some hints for what I shoud do?

Could OK Boy or Robink76 or anybody else provide me details on how to file 1447(b)?

How is going 1447 cases going?

Greatly appreciate your help

Pitt from Raleigh, NC

Sept 12, 2005. I did first finger print in Dec 10, 2005. I passed interview in 04/26/2006. I visited Charlotte, NC office 4 times, each time got a different answer. I did my 2nd finger print in 05/14/2008.

After 3 years, I am still waiting in the dark. Could anybody give me some hints for what I shoud do?

Could OK Boy or Robink76 or anybody else provide me details on how to file 1447(b)?

Pitt from Raleigh, NC

See http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check#Lawsuit_steps

File it and within 30-60 days, you have Oath....

Pitt from Raleigh, NC

A yaer wating for my oath ceremony letter...........

On October 2, 2011, I applied for naturalization (N-400), a month later I got news for finger prints, on February 6, 2012 I went to the interview, the officer then told me that as in the year 2002 had had an arrest had to take the police report, gave me an appointment for April 9, 2012. At that appointment I was treated by another officer, served with the document, and she said that as I had in the year 2008 an arrest because I had put a traffic ticket and put it on the court, but the court summons I never received it and I thought that the case had been closed by the time I went on vacation out of USA. When i was coming back the inmigration officer told me at the airport that I had a warrant for failure to appear in court, leaving the same night jail, the next day I went to the court to clarify the problem, pay fines and they returned my driver's license. The immigration officer told me that I have to give the report of that incident, that same day I went to court and ordered him over, he had no charges or anything.
To give her all the documents requested, she tells me with these words "everything is fine now", "everything looks good", and she hands me the N-652 which says congratulations your application has been recommended for approval. Over the days wait two months and call USCIS customer service.
the fourth month of waiting to ask my state congressman to intercede for me to the USCIS and ask for information about my case case, the day I get a letter from Congressman where I said that USCIS responded as follows, THE CASE HAS BEEN REVIEWED by Supervisor and brought to the CALENDAR FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH AN OFFICER. On receiving this news I care and appoint an immigration attorney, is presented in the USCIS local office as my lawyer and tell him that on 11/02/ 2012 the case was assigned to a supervisor and that pending resolution. In this process I have 1 year and 2 months, and I have not received a final decision. I left if anyone has experience or something similar happened to tell me something, because I'm very worried. thanks

It's amazing how bad is working USCIS, and treat people as strange things are despots and even uneducated.:(:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: