Plastic Card Tracker

Sudhakartv PP and new process

sudhakartv said:
Went to stamping in Bloomington, MN on 05/06/05. They did not ask my photos or did not take my FP. They said it looks like new processing. They just took our I-94 cards and said will receive card in 120 days. Is this usual ?. Can some one tell how long it is taking to get Card from NSC center.

Now I have a situation to relocate to different place. Is it advisable to give a change of address at this situatin ?. If I do, will my cards forwarded to new address?

Congratulations on your approval. You should check the forums for your answers ... as there are so many versions.

New process -- if you got a Biometric FP request, the GC would be sent directly to you. In some cases in about 1 wk after approval. No PP stamping needed. This is a 'trial' they are running. I haven't of your situation.

Relocation -- This is a thread from the Physical Green Card forum. GC mail 'might' not be forwarded. In most cases, the envelop says 'do not forward'. It others, it doesn't. !!!! They also found out / discussed that AR-11 might not update the address. I hope my card comes before I move.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=173723

Finally received the physical card.

AD : 09/09/2004 (on the card), the approval notice date 09/13/2004
CO: 05/04/2005
CM: 05/07/2005 (however I did not receive an e-mail "card mailed".
CR: 05/10/2005

My wife received her card in January. I called NSC in January, and received a reply from them on March 3. The reply asked me to go to the local service center and complete the form I-89 again.

Good luck to everybody.

P.S. [added on May 12]: finally I received (today, May 12) an e-mail that the card was mailed on May 11, even though I received the card on May 10. The web site message has been also updated today.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 months after stamping at Los Angeles office, yet no update at all

czy said:
My son had his passport stamped in LA office on Feb 11, not asked to provide signature and fingerprint since he's only 5. Nothing happened so far. Looks like the LA office suddenly slows down the card processing since we got our plastic cards one month after the late Dec stamping.

Sent G731 form to CSC to inquire the situation on Apr 11, 60 days after the stamping, not sure if that helps.

Any one has the similar experience at Los Angeles office that no update 3 months after stamping?

Also no reply to my G731 inquiry sent a month ago.

Thanks.

czy said:
Any one has the similar experience at Los Angeles office that no update 3 months after stamping?

Thanks.

Have you called NSC (800#) to check status? If not, call them up and ask.

New Process started.

I was confused and worried because Immigration officer did not take my passport photos and FP's. He said my application is in new process.
I took another appointment to meet immigration officer and called my lawyer before i go, he said INS started new process of using 485 application photos and FP's so i don't have to give them. Cancelled my apponitment

Thought to let you know guy's

My GC stamp date : 05/06/05 approved on 04/22/05

Thanks

Waiting for Plastic card

My Passport stamped on 12th April 05. Waiting for plastic card ... No change in the on line message.

Called and the update

lohith said:
Have you called NSC (800#) to check status? If not, call them up and ask.
Thanks lohith,

I called the 800 number and talked to a nice guy, he asked my son's 485 case number and said he will order the I-89 package back and check personally to see if everything is ready for card production. If the I-89 got lost for some reason, he wil issue a letter asking us to re-do the I-89 stuff. He told me I can call back in 2.5 weeks if nothing happened in between. Will update later.

BTW, the recorded informtaion from this 800 numbre says you can call to check if not receiving the plastic card 30 days after stamping.

czy said:

Thanks.
I stamped at LA on March 5. Just got an update 3-4 days back that card was ordered and today that card was mailed.

GSXR1000 said:
I stamped at LA on March 5. Just got an update 3-4 days back that card was ordered and today that card was mailed.

Hi

PP STAMPED ON MARCH 25 TH 2005 AT SFO
I called 1-800--- number and lady on the phone took my wac-xxx-xx number
and told me that i-89 they got it from local office to CSC on 4/11/05 and it is in transit in card production, so wait for another 2 -3 weeks

march 14 PP stamping at LA

our online status shows no change - we got our PP stamped on 14th march in LA.

which 800 number should we call at?

also, is it safe to travel outside country without card though PP is stamped. please advice.

Card WACxxxx number

To trace the Card process do we have a new Receipt number or its the same as the I485. When I stamped my passport , they wrote the receipt number of I485 below the stamp, is it normal or was I suppose to get another receipt number. Where will I get this receipt number if its different from 485

Reply to kaulst

kaulst said:
our online status shows no change - we got our PP stamped on 14th march in LA.

which 800 number should we call at?

also, is it safe to travel outside country without card though PP is stamped. please advice.

The National Service Center number: 1-800-375-5283

No problem to come back with the red stamp on your PP.

To answer the next posted question: they will ask the 485 receipt number to check your plastic card status.

Trial process ? card ordered on approval

Card ordered on I-485 approval 12th May will update when card received.

Got meessage about my son's card

I got a email that my son's card has been ordered, no update for my case yet.

Card ordered for my Son, not for me yet

Got a email that card ordered for my son, no update for me yet ...

Received card

Received my card yesterday. Strangly there was no email or update on card order/mail. There was an update on 4th informing the process has been completed and card will be mailed once it is ready.

Here are the updates

21 Mar 05 - Passport stamped at San Jose, CA
4th May 05 - "Processing of GC has been completed, your card will be mailed once it is ready"
16 May 05 - Received card.

Card Received!

March 23 ------ Passport stamped in San Jose.
May 10 ------ Card ordered.
May 16 ------ Card received.

Got email today saying card has been mailed.
I-140/I-485 RD 08 March '05
I-140 AD 30 Apr '05
I-485 AD 12 May 05 card ordered
card mailed 17 May '05

Rcvd 20 May '05 :D