Plastic Card Tracker

finally got the green card today!!

<User> <SD> <SL> <CC> <CO> <CM> <CR>
xixix--08/20--SJC--09/17--09/20--09/23--9/27

Wish those who are still waiting for the gc good luck!!

<User>--------<SD>-<SL>-<CC>-<CO>-<CM>-<CR>
pinnacle_man-08/20--SJC--09/23-09/27--------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Stamping at Los Angeles 9-1-04
Email on 9-22-04 saying card processing complete (for spouse main applicant)
Card received 9-27-04
email on 9-28 saying card mailed on 9-27-04

card only recived for the applicant
derivative has not received card yet. :confused: Did stamping together.
When application was filled in by the officer he did not fill in name and address just put in the A number and stapled the pictures and finger print to the form with his signature.
Wondering if that is the problem?

In the past got everything together.

Does anybody else have the same experience where the full application was not complete only A number written.

Called the customer service number very unhelpful said to make an appointment and go to the Los Angeles office to find out what is going on.

Will wait and see if it still comes in the next couple of days and will then call again. :mad: :( :confused:

p001-----------09/29--SJC--------------------------

SADGC said:
Stamping at Los Angeles 9-1-04
Email on 9-22-04 saying card processing complete (for spouse main applicant)
Card received 9-27-04
email on 9-28 saying card mailed on 9-27-04

card only recived for the applicant
derivative has not received card yet. :confused: Did stamping together.
When application was filled in by the officer he did not fill in name and address just put in the A number and stapled the pictures and finger print to the form with his signature.
Wondering if that is the problem?

In the past got everything together.

Does anybody else have the same experience where the full application was not complete only A number written.

Called the customer service number very unhelpful said to make an appointment and go to the Los Angeles office to find out what is going on.

Will wait and see if it still comes in the next couple of days and will then call again. :mad: :( :confused:

Just stay cool. My wife and I did everything together (she's the derivative), and she received her updates and card 10 days before me.

Card status update..

aloof(d) ------08/24--SJC---NA---9/30---??----??--

Card status update

spouse(d) ----07/06--DET---NA--9/27--09/30--?????

<User>---------<SD>-<SL>-<CC>-<CO>-<CM>-<CR>
pinnacle_man----08/20--SJC--09/23-09/27--09/30----
pinnacle_man(d)-08/20--SJC--09/23-09/27--10/01----

Delay in getting Green Card

Myself and my wife got our approval on the same day and got our stamping done at SJC on Aug 25th. My wife's status shows "card order was completed and mailed", and my cases status still shows "your case has been approved on Aug 17th". Is this OK? Does anybody else have similar experience? Should I even worry about this? Is it a good idea to call service center and place an inquiry? Any update would be appreciated.

WAC WAC030355****

Spuses card not received yet!

I and my spouse both got updates by email back to back that cards are in the mail. I received mine 3 days back while he hasn't received his yet. Bad sign? what should we do? contact the service center yet/ or wait for a few weeks and report missing card? Anyone in the same boat?

update on the plastic card

<User>--<SD>-<SL>-<CC>-<CO>-<CM>-CR>

spouse--07/06--DET--NA--9/27--09/30--10/02

online status message

I got the 2nd FP for my I-485 scheduled on Sep 28 but since I planned a trip to Canada on Sep 26, I went SF to get the FP done on Sep 25. Today I checked the online status and found the new message:

"On Sep 30, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person issued."

is this an approval or something else. Thanks.

card forwarded to new address

I have never seen the Las Vegas location in this tracker.

<User> <SD> <SL> <CC> <CO> <CM> <CR>
Sumata 08/04 LAS 09/02 09/10 09/16 09/25

A couple of comments:

The delay of receiving card is due to my moving. I have moved from Las Vegas to Los Angeles during the third week of September. The mail was forwarded to my new address by the USPS, but it took 10 days for the forwarded mail starting coming in to the new address.

I have seen posting which said that the plastic card would not be forwarded, as it is marked as "return service requested." No, it is not correct. There is no mark on the envelope. Your mail will be forwarded. Whether or not the USPS is reliable is another matter.

My approval date is July 16th. My plastic card is valid for 10 years, from July 16, 2004 to July 11,, 2014. Why July 11th, not July 15th? Is this another stupid mistake of the USCIS?

Congratulations for finally getting it, Sumata.

My approval date is July 16th. My plastic card is valid for 10 years, from July 16, 2004 to July 11,, 2014. Why July 11th, not July 15th? Is this another stupid mistake of the USCIS?
My card says: Resident Since 07/23/04 & Card Expires 09/11/14.
I guess there are no firm rules at the USCIS. Never mind. We don't have to deal with them for at least few years. :)

ai_psd (a.k.a. classroominabook)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kids got greencard without passport stamping

For self and spouse, they sent the approval notices I-797C asking to go to local INS office for stamping in Passport. But for my both kids (Under 12 years) they sent directly the cards with letter I-797D. The photos they used were from the I-485 application. Anybody else got similar response from INS?
I am confused as I understand that everybody (including kids) have to go to INS office and get stamped in the passport. Then they will mail the cards.
Also to be noted is that the cards say that there is no fingerprint available.
Will this create any problem in future for travelling etc.? Shall I just keep quite or what do I do?
We have an appointment scheduled for me and my spouse on 7th October for stamping.
Please give your experience/ opinions on this matter.
Our 485 applications were processed and approved by Vermont service center.

still wait for card

485 file: 4/30/2002
approved 6/19/2004
stamped 6/22/2004
still wait for card on 10/3/2004