Planning to move to Australia

No Title

Mat,
  You just need ACS assessment before you apply. All other stuff you need would be all your degrees, certificates and experience letters ( all xerox copies should be notaried ).
  The points are just there for you to asses whether you qualify or not.
Good luck.

No Title

GJI : Thanks I really appriciate that.

I just sent my papers to ACS for assesment. ACS asked me for cetified copies. I did sent them those.

Now should I wait for the reply from them ?

Thanks

No Title

If I am applying for Skilled - Independant with my skilled assesed by ACS. Do I still need to take IELTS (English Language) test?

Thanks

No Title

You don\'t have to take the test after ACS assessment. Wait for the ACS to reply you, in the mean time keep all other stuff ready ie get all edu certificates, birth certificates, passport copies, exp. letters etc. notaried.

No Title

Thanks GJI.

I have around 20 copies of my Degree and Work Exp. letters. Do I need to notorize them individually ?

If I ask a Notory they said they cant do that, its against the law in California.

Can you please help?

Thanks

No Title

Hello im an australian student doing an assesment on new immigrants in Australia. If any of you who are newly arrived to Australia could post some of your stories on this board, or send an e-mail to me at deanof316@aol.com, i would be very grateful.

Thank You
Dean Kaplan

No Title

Mat,
  I live in Virginia but I got my 40 certificates notaried and the guy never gave me a clue that he is tired. I went to bank of america. You can go to a bank where you have account. It will probably better if you just call them and ask them whether they do notary. As far as am aware of this, not all branches will have this facility. Or I think you have to go to the Court to get it done.

Hope this helps.

I moved from Australia (12 years) before moving to the US

Hi All,

There are lots of opportunities in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. Although Perth might be a bit slow socially, the weather is terrific all year round. Brisbane has a lot of entertainment type work. Sydney & Melbourne are business capitals (similar to the East & West coast)

Help needed

I just got my skill assesed by ACS for IT related jobs. I got a suitable remark for application of immigration. Now I want to apply at LOS ANGELES does any one knows what are the fees? and do they take credit cards?

Thanks

No Title

GJI.

Consulate in LA is asking my original certificates. He says California Certified are not valid. Is it safe to send the originals?
Do i have to medical test at any point?

Thanks

No Title

Hello All,
Recently I sent all the paperwork for ACS assessment and I got the final decision saying I am \'unsuitable\' for migration.

Here are my qualifications:

Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering

Working as a Software Engineer in US for the last 5 years. The ASCO code I claimed was ASC0 2231-19 as a systems programmer.

I am not sure why it was mentioned as \'unsuitable\'. The letter from ACS also says that I can re apply under RPL (recognition of Prior Learninng. I am not sure what went wrong and why my application was denied.

Since I do not have the Degree in Comp. Science does it make me unsuitable or do I have to apply under RPL.

Please enlighten. Any ideas welcome.

Thanks..

Help !! Moving to Austraia

I am S/W professional working in US and lost my job in recent layoff.
I got a good offer from one Australian company willing to do my Visa.

Is it adviceble to go to Aus or Should I battle here somehow?
Also if I apply for a GC through a friends company in USA. DO I need to be physically present in USA during the processing period ?

Please advice !!

Need some advise in getting visitor visa for my brother in-law

Hi Folks,

I want to bring my in-laws here in visitor visa and show them around, I am confident about my father and mother in-laws. But I am not sure whether my brother in-law will be granted visa.

What kind of documents should by brother in-law produce to convenience officials in US Consulate that he will return back to India in 6 months?.

b Please help me with any information that you might have in this regard

Thanks in advance.....

No Title

PCK,

If Australian company willing to do your Visa it is worth trying that. Without your presence your GC can continue in the USA.

Thanks

No Title

GJI and others I have few questions, can some one ans please.

If I get permanent residance of Australia under skilled migration:

a) How long it is Valid?
b) How soon I have to be in Australia for the Validation of the same?
c) After Validation how long I can stay outside Australia without visitng that country?

Thanks

No Title

Mat,
  I guess it is valid for one year. But am sure that once you land in Australia you can leave Australia and come back within 5 years. That means you have 5 years to decide before permanently moving.

Consulate processing in Bangkok Thailand

I am a Thai citizen on H1B visa valid till 2003. I have started my Green Card process and recently got approval for I-140. My lawyer suggested that we go for the consulate process in Bangkok Thailand. Would like to know if any one has any kind of experience regarding this ( good or bad) and what papers i need to take with me and how should I prepare for the interview with my family. Would appreciate ASAP reply.
Thank you
Ash

Dear Sir/Madam

Hello, my name is May Mouaikel i\'m married i\'m working in Nigeria and my husband too.
We wants to do an investment in Sydney,we are thinking about having a restaurant cause it\'s my husband carrier.
I would like from you to help us to get all the informations about what we are serching for.
Hope that you reply as soon as possible on my adress mail which is:
maymdudu@yahoo.com or maymzaza@hotmail.com
Before giving you all the informations that you need to know about us,please let me know if it\'s the correct adress which i\'m sending my mail.

Hope getting more informations from you.
Thank you
Kind Regards
Mrs May Mouaikel

NB:We have the Lebanese Nationnalite