Planning to move to Australia

Rajeev Balakrishnan

Registered Users (C)
Hello
I am planning to move to Australia. I got my permanent residency for Australia approved couple of weeks ago. Just would like to get some feedback about living down under and the job market in the IT industry.
Thanks in advance.
Rajeev

No Title

I studied in Australia. There are plenty of oppurtunities in the IT field . The life there has a slower pace. It is very European. The country is very beautiful and the crime rate is a lot lower than the US.

No Title

dear sir/madam!

i am an indian nationale willing to get settled in australia. i am software professional. please suggest me the procedure.

my email id is naren_77@rediffmail.com

awaiting ur feedback,

thank u,
narendra.

No Title

Hi
You could contact the Australian Consulate in the country you are
residing and they will send you the forms. It is based on points basis. You would have to get your degree evaluated by ACS (Australian Computer Society) before you could fill out the form. Currently the Software jobs are high in demand in Australia, hence they do process the application faster. Anyway let me know if you need more help.
My e-mail address is rocket_1014@yahoo.com

Rajeev.

No Title

Rajeev, how long did it take you to immigrate to Australia? How much experience do you have in your occupation?

Thanks in advance,
E.

No Title

Hello
I have not migrated to Australia yet. It took to 5 months to get
the residency approved after I filed in nos AnglesConsulate.
I have about 6 years of experience.
Rajeev.

No Title

One more question - is there a certain date by which you have to migrate? In other words, how long do you have from the time they approve your residence to move to Australia?

No Title

Hello
In my case I have to make a trip to Australia before November 1, 2001
that\'s about 10 months since I got the residency approved.
Even being there a day is good enough, just to show that you have
intention to move to Australia. Once you do that you get 5 years
during which you could move there any time.

Rajeev.

No Title

Thanks for the info.

One more thing - did you file yourself, or did you use a consultant?
I visited LA\'s web site, there was no easy way to download forms, or instructions. Any ideas on a good way to start researching this process?

I know I am asking a lot, but any info would be much appreciated.

E.

No Title

I filed it myself. It\'s pretty simple.
When you call the LA consulate there is an option to leave your
address, where they will mail you the required forms.
You will have to get your degree evaluated first before you
could apply. The information describes the process in detail.
In my case I evaluated the degree from ACS (Australian Computer Society) before I applied.

Rajeev.

No Title

I from Turkey and 26 years old. I \'m an environmental engineering. I want to move in Australia but I don\'t know what I do. Could you tell me what I do,please.

No Title

Hasan,

I am a registered migration agent and lawyer in Australia. If you need assistance please email me your detals to cutler@mbox.com.au

Do you have any connection with Australia? relatives here or anyone who could sponsor your application?

Regards
Paul Cutler

No Title

Can anyone answer this please.
I have planned to apply for australian immigration. The ACS is asking for experience letter. I have exp. letter from my previous employer but the current employer gives it only after one leaves job.
Can anyone help please.

No Title

Itis very unusual, but have you told your employer that you will not be leaving soon as it might take some time to process your application which might give him plenty of time to hire a replacemnet.
the other otpion is to contact the ACS and explain you situation you may be able to list your experience and show evidence of employement with your current employer and provide contact details for ACS should they wish to verify.

ozimmigration@hotmail.com

No Title

Albert KAlouche,
  Thanks for your info. I did not know that I can also talk to them. My employer agreed to give me experience letter after lots of pressure. I did not said anything to the employer yet cuz we have two weeks notice policy.
  How know how much time does it takes for credential evaluation.

No Title

We have to leave US in 6 months. We applied for Canadian PR. Also we want to apply for Australian resideancy. Can we apply both at the same time? If we apply now, how long the whole process takes place? Is it more than 6 months? Where I can find more info regarding this?

Please inform me.

Thanks
Shirni

No Title

Well, you can read prior messages in this group to get all you questions answered. Visit http://www.austemb.org/DIMA/migration.htm for detailed information. First buy the application form and guide. You need to do credential assessment from acs ( http://www.acs.org.au ) they take about 2 months. In general it will take about 7 months. You can apply immigration for as many countries as possible.

No Title

Hi there
I\'m Subodh - working in advertising and printing field - no nothing about to go abroad - wish to go and settled in austrila - help me to try my level best
Thanks
Subodh

No Title

Hello, Need some information about migrating to Australia. The application talks about the Points.
I am planning to make an Assesments of Skills from ACS. What else do i need before I file the application.

Please help