Phoenix Interview PASSED with panic :)

WhichWay2Go

Registered Users (C)
Yeah, I am shouting PASSED I know. WooHooo.

The IL said not to arrive more than 30 minutes before interview time due to limited seating, but I was about 40 minutes early. Guard would not let me in until 30 minutes before so I had to wait in the truck. I had the air conditioning running of course as temp was at 108.

I waited until 25 minutes before and was guided in. I handed in my IL in at the window and sat down to wait. About 4 minutes after the interview appointment time my name was called and a pleasant IO led me to the office and told to sit down. I was only asked for my DL and LPR card.

We did the Civics questions first and as I answered, the result was written down with a red pen and a check mark placed in the right hand column. I got to the 4th question, "Who was the first President?" and I answered "George Washington."

The result was written down and NO check mark. I stumbled a little and without a pause, the next question, "How many Representatives are there?" I answered "435." Again the result was written down and no check mark! Arrrgh, I am starting to think I am having a brain-fade. I am mildly Dyslexic so began to wonder if it is 345 or 543 or 534. :D

Next question and I am getting a little unsettled by now as I am wondering if I will get enough correct. I was sure the two above were correct but hey, I know I can and do brain fade some times.

"How long is a Senator voted in for?" and I answered, "6 years." The result went down and the red pen was moved to the check mark column and I heaved a small sigh. To my great enjoyment, the IO then added check marks to the above two vacant spots as well. Pheeewwwwww.

I was so relieved I do not remember the first three or the last question, but suffice to say we stopped at 6th one with all of them correct.

Everything else went through just fine. It seemed I was asked only 2 or 3 of the Yes/No groups and I can't exactly remember which. Those I do were...

"Since you have been an LPR have you always paid your taxes." - "Yes, always!"
I had brought transcripts back to 2004 but was never asked for them.
"Have you ever stated you were an American Citizen?" - "No, never!"
"Have you ever done illegal drugs?" - "No, never!"

All in all a very pleasant, efficient and business-like IO and I was out of there in about 15 minutes. Thanks USCIS, very nicely done.

Thanks to everyone on this board who helped me to get this far. My application was straight forward but my problem is I think too much. Reading some of the unfortunate horror stories here did not help. :D However, every time I had a mild panic about something you guys were there in a heartbeat to help. What a great forum and what great people helping. Thank you all.

Now the final wait begins.

The IL said not to arrive more than 30 minutes before interview time due to limited seating, but I was about 40 minutes early. Guard would not let me in until 30 minutes before so I had to wait in the truck. I had the air conditioning running of course as temp was at 108.

I waited until 25 minutes before and was guided in. I handed in my IL in at the window and sat down to wait. About 4 minutes after the interview appointment time my name was called and a pleasant IO led me to the office and told to sit down. I was only asked for my DL and LPR card.

We did the Civics questions first and as I answered, the result was written down with a red pen and a check mark placed in the right hand column. I got to the 4th question, "Who was the first President?" and I answered "George Washington."

The result was written down and NO check mark. I stumbled a little and without a pause, the next question, "How many Representatives are there?" I answered "435." Again the result was written down and no check mark! Arrrgh, I am starting to think I am having a brain-fade. I am mildly Dyslexic so began to wonder if it is 345 or 543 or 534. :D

Next question and I am getting a little unsettled by now as I am wondering if I will get enough correct. I was sure the two above were correct but hey, I know I can and do brain fade some times.

"How long is a Senator voted in for?" and I answered, "6 years." The result went down and the red pen was moved to the check mark column and I heaved a small sigh. To my great enjoyment, the IO then added check marks to the above two vacant spots as well. Pheeewwwwww.

I was so relieved I do not remember the first three or the last question, but suffice to say we stopped at 6th one with all of them correct.

Everything else went through just fine. It seemed I was asked only 2 or 3 of the Yes/No groups and I can't exactly remember which. Those I do were...

All in all a very pleasant, efficient and business-like IO and I was out of there in about 15 minutes. Thanks USCIS, very nicely done.

Thanks to everyone on this board who helped me to get this far. My application was straight forward but my problem is I think too much. Reading some of the unfortunate horror stories here did not help. :D However, every time I had a mild panic about something you guys were there in a heartbeat to help. What a great forum and what great people helping. Thank you all.

Congratulations, Brian - well done! Now, you can take it EASY...

Congrats Brian. I have been following all your posts (and updates) and it has been always interesting. Hope you will get the oath letter soon.

Thanks People,

I am not going to relax until I have that certificate and passport in my hot little hands. I know I can relax a little now, but there are still threads here where everything went through fine at the interview and they are waiting 6+ weeks for the OL and still nothing.

I am going to need that passport for a holiday after all of this. :D:D:D:D

Thanks People,

I am not going to relax until I have that certificate and passport in my hot little hands. I know I can relax a little now, but there are still threads here where everything went through fine at the interview and they are waiting 6+ weeks for the OL and still nothing.

I am going to need that passport for a holiday after all of this. :D:D:D:D

Congrats.

Congratulations!!! You are free to try anything now, especially after receiving your passport... :D I understand carrying an assult weapon is good and recommended for all new USC in Phoenix, AZ. :eek::eek:

Enjoy the oath day and bring the neighbors too...:cool:

Congratulations! Captivating read, waiting for one from your Oath Ceremony :D

Thanks for the kind words Akond,

I sure hope there will be no need for a "captivating read," from the Oath Ceremony. Given my propensity to over-think and over-worry, you are going to get me panicking again. LOL Just kidding. It has been smooth sailing so far.

I am sure that light at the end of the tunnel really IS the opening at the other end and not an on-rushing locomotive headlight. :D

Now all I have to worry about is getting the Oath letter.
Making it to the oath Ceremony.
Lodging the Passport application.
Getting the Passport in the mail.
Getting my Naturalization Certificate back.
Arrghh, and I thought I had nothing else to worry about. :D

Also you have to go to local Social Security office to update your status...
:)

Thanks for the kind words Akond,

I sure hope there will be no need for a "captivating read," from the Oath Ceremony. Given my propensity to over-think and over-worry, you are going to get me panicking again. LOL Just kidding. It has been smooth sailing so far.

I am sure that light at the end of the tunnel really IS the opening at the other end and not an on-rushing locomotive headlight. :D

Now all I have to worry about is getting the Oath letter.
Making it to the oath Ceremony.
Lodging the Passport application.
Getting the Passport in the mail.
Getting my Naturalization Certificate back.
Arrghh, and I thought I had nothing else to worry about. :D

Thanks for the details. Loved it. LOL. I know how you felt!
Your process went through fast. I applied in September 2008 and didn't get an interview till August 10 2009.
They lost my file I think. When I went for the interview I was expecting to see my file at about 16 inches thick! To my amusement/disbelief it was no thicker than the application I sent off. So, I have no idea why it took them so long to get me to the interview point.
Anyway, that's behind me now thank goodness.

Congrats on a successful interview.
Now what do we stress about!! :D

Now what do we stress about!! :D

:) Trust me I am capable of finding something. :D

I thought about applying early last year but processing time was still at 21 months so decided I would just live with the GC. A few months back I checked this forum and found out it was now only a few months. I could not sign up fast enough and get that check in the mail. :D

Actually Phx_dude in the Phoenix time line thread was even faster than mine is at this point. Even so I am VERY happy and excited with the progress.

When I was 16 years old I wanted to come to the US and become a Citizen. I was really into hot rods and racing and this is where it was all happening. Now 51 years later that is becoming a reality.

@cpz Thanks for the reminder but the SS card should be pretty straight forward. But I will add that to my "worry," list thanks a bunch!! :D Just kidding.

I still haven't been sworn in. I go to a 'special' oath ceremony on September 8th. I have no idea why it's special,other than it's Alexandria Citizenship day...I would rather have been sworn in the day I had the interview as they do 3 oath ceremonies a day. But for some reason they gave me the oath letter for September.

So, hopefully it will all go well.

I can't believe how fast things are processing now for everyone. It's amazing.

Keep us posted on our OL!:D