Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

Oath letter and gas mileage

Hi All,

Had to pick up some friends at Flagstaff airport on Friday and drop them back this morning. Total trip is about 300 miles. Since getting the interview letter I have been using the cruise control a lot.

I usually travel around 10mph over the limit, but since the interview I have been clicking the cruise right on the speed limit.

The trips to the airport averaged about 2mpg better mileage at those speeds. :)

Seems like becoming a Citizen this coming Friday has even more benefits. I guess I will have to try to do those speeds forever. :D

Note to self. Be calm, 4 days to go...

WooHooo, about to go out the door for the Oath Ceremony. Cruise control, cruise control, cruise control.

Very excited, by day's end I will be an American Citizen, Cruise control, cruise control, cruise control. :D

WooHooo, about to go out the door for the Oath Ceremony. Cruise control, cruise control, cruise control.

Very excited, by day's end I will be an American Citizen, Cruise control, cruise control, cruise control. :D

Brian,

Congratulations..

How was your Oath ceremony experience?

We are waiting!!!:)

It's Over

All:
I have been lurking on this forum for the past 2 months. Got some invaluable information from several folks. Here are my details to help people benchmark thier cases against

MIlestone
GC 8/6/2004
5 years after GC 8/5/2009
N-400 Application Date 5/11/2009
Check Cashed 5/18/2009
Fingerprinting Notice 5/26/2009
Walk in FP 5/27/2009
Interview Notice 6/24/2009
Interview Date 8/11/2009
Oath Letter 8/22/2009
Oath Date (Citizenship) 9/4/2009
Passport Apply 9/4/2009
Passport Received 9/16/2009
OCI Application 9/19/2009
OCI Received 10/15/2009

Oath completed today at the US District Court in Phoenix, AZ.

Proud US citizen. :D

Check in time: 8:50
Parked east of the court ($12 total).
Seated in the room: 9:15
Ceremony start: 10:00
My 5 year old daughter was invited to read the Pledge of Allegiance along with a few other kids. We were all very happy.
Ceremony Over: 10:25
Collected Certificate: 10:35
Completed SSN and voter registration: 11:20
Not applied for passport (yet)

Typical ceremony. Very emotional and very exciting. Three people spoke. the judge gave a nice speech. As posted by other users, there were a few people who did not take this seriously. A few did not even say the oath, a few left their sunglasses on their forehead even after being asked to remove them. Some came in shorts and beach sandals.
I wish people respect the rules and tradition of the court.

Anyways, I am a happy camper, things were picture perfect.

Got a name change. Am waitiing for SSN record to be updated before getting a new DL and then will apply for the passport next week.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their support!

June 24 - N400 applied
Oct 16 - oath date!

Woo hoo!

All done

Oath ceremony completed at Phoenix US District Court.

Here is some info that may be of use to others.

It looks like there are typically 2 ceremonies on Fridays, one at starting at 9:00am and another at 12:30pm. About 105 people are assigned for each one of those ceremonies. Parking is available at a structure east of the US District court. It costs about $12 for 3 hours and $16 for the whole day. There is a sandwich place in the building and another across the road slightly east of the court.

There is security check similar to airports at the court entrance.
The court is of circular shape with a circular balcony for family and relatives.

The candidates are checked in first with the submission of completed oath letter. Then they are seated in the court and a packet is handed. Packet has info on immigration and SSA+Voter forms. This is followed by instructions about the ceremony and details on the SSA+Voter registration forms. They recommend submission of the SSA same day. The SSA/Voting office is downstairs. The SSA form is 2 pages with straightforward information. It is as simple as filling out the form and handing it over to them. The line can be long as they have to process all the candidates and can take upto 30 minutes after the ceremony.

The ceremony mostly consisted of the following:
- Check in
- SSA/Voter form instructions
- Family/Guests are allowed in.
- Judge comes in and introduces.
- A video about US immigration
- The oath is read.
- Pledge of allegiance is read. Kids are invited to participate.
- Video message from the President
- Message from the Judge
- New citizens are invited to share their stories
- "Proud to be an american" song is played with flag waving.
- Family guests leave the court.
- Naturalization certificate is handed over.

Overall, it is a nice experience.

Thanks to all of you in the forum for the useful and trivial information.

US Citizen webgc :)