Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

I am in no way ready for the test :D

Glad you are making progress.

When you got the FPs done, did they give you a booklet on the test? In the back there is a CD. I run it every morning and use the shuffle feature of the player. I have memorized the first answer for every question then click "next track"

Learning from the book is a little harder as there are more options and i found the CD better.

Thanks and good luck. Make sure you use a green return receipt card when you send it in. I used USPS and it got there quickly. There are a couple of threads here where there has been no receipt notice after a few weeks and they had no way of tracking it.

I used Phx-dude's time line to judge mine and he got his IL quite a bit quicker so don't get too despondent if it does not arrive in the exact time frame. Easy for me to say NOW! :D

Hi, Brian.

I have a q for you, if you could please check and let me know. I assume your passport was stamped with Temp. proof of residence (I-551?) prior to your receipt of the Permanent resident card. Do both of these items contain the SAME ("Resident since") date? Then, does your I-485 I-797C Notice date correspond to the above-referenced date? Please let me know - because mine does not...

Preparing for the test

ww2g... thanks for the tip. I did get the CD, but havent heard it even once. Probably a good idea to load it on my iPOD :)

Need to revisit the other requirements too. Still wondering how the name change will happen at/after the interview on 8/18. :confused:

I assume your passport was stamped with Temp. proof of residence (I-551?) prior to your receipt of the Permanent resident card.

Sorry, can't help there. I have been using a new passport since about 2005. I am not sure if my previous passport was stamped or not and I have no idea where that one might be. Not sure I even kept it. Might have shredded it.

There was a thread on this or similar issue a last week or so. Try a search on...

Different dates on Green Card

That might help.

Still wondering how the name change will happen at/after the interview on 8/18.

Someone recently posted here that the Oath is done in a Court room in Phx. So maybe they just do the change of name after the ceremony. Just a guess though.

Try starting a new thread with that as the Subject.

N-400 processing times in Phx ...

Here are my processing times ..

Phoenix DO
06/26/09 N-400 Mailed
06/29/09 N-400 Received
06/29/09 Priority Date
07/05/09 N-400 Receipt
07/06/09 Checks cashed
07/08/09 FP notice
07/16/09 FP Complete
(... so far 21 days ..)

...waiting for Interview Letter and Interview Data ...

Thanks
RK

I do know that Phx_girl did a name change....

During your interview, you give them your new name.
When you get your Natz cert., it already has the new name on it..

It was pretty simple process, without any hassles. Dont know if somebody who has actually gone thru name change in phoenix can respond..

Done

Today I had my oath. Now I am US citizen. Posted my n400 in March 2nd week done on July 24.
Thanks Guys/Gals

Had my interview today and was approved for citizenship. The whole process took 25 mins :)

parking is just south of the USCIS building.
I checked-in at 8:40 for a 9 AM interview.
The officer call me in at 9:20AM
The first 5 minutes were spent waiting for the printer to work right :)
Then on to the questions and I got the first 6 right, so we moved on to reading and writing.
I was told that I was approved for citizenship.
The next 10 mins we spoke about the name change process and how it works.
It turns out that the oath will take place at the court as usual and at that time I will get the NC with the new name.
I was out by 9:55AM.

Good job USCIS...

Hi All,

This thread has been quiet for a few weeks, but... I am about out the door for the long drive for my afternoon appointment. Guess which CD I will be playing in the truck on the way? :)

Just in case that is too obscure, I mean the Civics test Q&A CD. :D

Fingers crossed and sweaty palms.

Hi All,

This thread has been quiet for a few weeks, but... I am about out the door for the long drive for my afternoon appointment. Guess which CD I will be playing in the truck on the way? :)

Just in case that is too obscure, I mean the Civics test Q&A CD. :D

Fingers crossed and sweaty palms.

Good luck, Brian!

Had my interview today and was approved for citizenship. The whole process took 25 mins :)

parking is just south of the USCIS building.
I checked-in at 8:40 for a 9 AM interview.
The officer call me in at 9:20AM
The first 5 minutes were spent waiting for the printer to work right :)
Then on to the questions and I got the first 6 right, so we moved on to reading and writing.
I was told that I was approved for citizenship.
The next 10 mins we spoke about the name change process and how it works.
It turns out that the oath will take place at the court as usual and at that time I will get the NC with the new name.
I was out by 9:55AM.

Good job USCIS...

Congratulations!

When is your Oath? Could you please post your timeline?

5/13/2009 - Mailed N400 Application
6/11/09 – Finger Printing
07/08/09 – Interview Letter
08/18 – Interview PASSED
08/28/09 - Oath Letter
09/04/09 – Oath Date
114 days :)

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: Got my Oath letter today

Received oath letter in the mail today. Date set for 09/04/09

Hey Shuss,

That's great news for you. I am still waiting. I will go into the Post Office this morning after about 11:00am (20 minute drive, ahhh, living in the boonies :) ) and the sorting should all be done for today.

My interview was a day after yours and it usually takes a few days more for Phx mail to make out here to the boonies. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday next week. So near, yet so far. :) :) Fingers crossed.

UPDATE:
Woo hooo, September 11. It will be a day of mixed feelings.

Last edited by a moderator:
WW2G - Congrats to you too. I hope my name change also gets taken care of that day itself. Are you heading to the passport office right after the ceremony?

Are you heading to the passport office right after the ceremony?

Thanks.

:D For the oath, I will be parking my truck facing in the direction of the passport office on Jackson. :D

I have to allow 6 hours for the drive from where I live in Northern AZ. I got lucky with the afternoon Oath Ceremony so I will not have to go the previous day and stay in a motel.

My interview appointment was for the afternoon too. I wonder if the USCIS scheduling software actually considers the applicant's location. Very clever of the programmers if they do.