Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

LOL WW2G! Let me tell you that the USCIS is not a reliable babe BUT things will work out for you....have faith!

have faith!

Thanks PD, I have all the faith in the world this will come through. It is just the day by day anticipation. I need to get out more. :D

I think I am a day over you time line for the IL, but out here in the boonies mail often takes an extra two days.

Oath cermony in phoenix

Today also I didn't receive the OL.I have question how many oath cermony will be there in the month from the phoenix DO..According to the US court of phoenix every week two times...does this really happens every week twice or it is just once a month. If some answer this question I will be very apperciative.

Hi guys,
It's been 30 days since I apply for Social Security Number on Oath Day in Phoenix, but I haven't received it yet. Is this normal? If not, what should I do now?
One more thing I'm confused now. I have a name change through Naturalization; I think my photo ID need to be replaced with my new name, right? please tell me what procedures to do it.

Thank you guys vey much.

Hi guys,
It's been 30 days since I apply for Social Security Number on Oath Day in Phoenix, but I haven't received it yet. Is this normal? If not, what should I do now?
One more thing I'm confused now. I have a name change through Naturalization; I think my photo ID need to be replaced with my new name, right? please tell me what procedures to do it.

Thank you guys vey much.

You didn't have a SSN previously or are yuo referring to getting a new SSN due to name change?
As for documents to change after name change, notify anyone of your legal name change (banks, DL, utilities...etc.)

Thanks Bob. I mean I apply for SSN due to name change. It was a month ago. So, I dont have to change my photo ID?

Thanks Bob. I mean I apply for SSN due to name change. It was a month ago. So, I dont have to change my photo ID?

May be you can walk-in to your local SSN office and inquire about it?

When I got married and changed my last name, I applied for name change on SSN. When I didn't hear any thing for 4 weeks, I went to the same SSN office. They told me since my GC shows old name, they can't change SSN with new name and they gave me my old SSN card back.

Once I get my USC with new name, I am planning on applying for SSN name change.

- JS.

question about Tax

I have following question in filing in N-400 form about tax questions.

1) I registered a new company in Year 2006 , but never filed federal/state till May 2009 . In the month of june 2009 , I filed all the state & federal taxes will penalties and also dissolved the company . Do I need to mention in the N-400 ?

My personal taxes are filed before the deadline .

Your answer’s are most appreciated. Hope iam not hijacking this thread. Iam gonna file in Phoenix and belong to LA district .

Thanks in advance

Today also I didn't receive the OL.I have question how many oath cermony will be there in the month from the phoenix DO..According to the US court of phoenix every week two times...does this really happens every week twice or it is just once a month. If some answer this question I will be very apperciative.

The Phoenix office does have 2 ceremoinies every friday.
Each ceremony is limited to 102 applicants( thats the size that the particular courtroom can fit)

Expect OL 2-3 weeks before your oath.

My new card took over a month to arrive. I called SSN and that's when the girl told me my card had just been processed. Give them a call to inquire about your card.
Also, Wait until SSN has completed the name change in their system or MVD will not do a name change on your DL. I went in about three weeks after I requested a new SSN card, and SSN still had not completed the name change. When MVD checked the SSN system it didn't show a name change and they refused to change my name on DL. They said I had to do it w/ SSN first and SSN had to change it on their system for MVD to see it.
So give SSN a call and make sure it's done before you go to MVD.

I would definately want to get a new ID w/ my new name, to prove you're the owner of your SSN card, plus you'll want to change your name on your Bank Acct and Credit Cards, and often you're asked for ID when using these.

Wooo hoooo.

Interview letter arrived today. It took a bit longer than some but not as long as others. Great news is the appointment is for early afternoon so I will not have to go down the day before and stay in a motel.

I am going to ask the IO if I can get into the second Oath ceremony for the day for the same reason. I don't mean to reschedule but I will ask the IO of it is possible to request the second Oath session of the day.

Talk about excited!!!

Congratulations.

I'd think that if you explain your circumstances at the interview they will try and accomodate you for the later oath. Fingers crossed.

Wooo hoooo.

Interview letter arrived today. It took a bit longer than some but not as long as others. Great news is the appointment is for early afternoon so I will not have to go down the day before and stay in a motel.

I am going to ask the IO if I can get into the second Oath ceremony for the day for the same reason. I don't mean to reschedule but I will ask the IO of it is possible to request the second Oath session of the day.

Talk about excited!!!

Congratulations, WW2G! You must be feeling mightily relieved. Hope you're able to get same day oath...

I will be turning in my N-400, the end of the month - followed by tracking/testing against your timeline. :)

Congratulations, WW2G! You must be feeling mightily relieved. Hope you're able to get same day oath...

I will be turning in my N-400, the end of the month - followed by tracking/testing against your timeline. :)

He won't get same day oath :( they do not do that in PHX, he is hoping for a late oath to avoid an overnight stay.

Must say though there are some good hotel deals in the summer, might be worth making a wee holiday out of it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the support guys. Not sure now what's worse. The waiting for the letter to arrive or the waiting until the 19th. Damn, I just can't get this settled in my head.

I will have my fingers crossed for the second session Oath, but as McT suggests, an extra day in Phx can't be all that bad. Specially when you live in the boonies and at 6,000ft as I do. Although, if any of you know what Phx is like in Summer, that extra day needs to be spent inside. :D

Last time I was in Mesa (part of Phx) in mid Summer, it was 119-F no place for man or dog. Little wonder motels are cheap. eh? :)

Thanks and good luck. Make sure you use a green return receipt card when you send it in. I used USPS and it got there quickly. There are a couple of threads here where there has been no receipt notice after a few weeks and they had no way of tracking it.

I used Phx-dude's time line to judge mine and he got his IL quite a bit quicker so don't get too despondent if it does not arrive in the exact time frame. Easy for me to say NOW! :D

Hi all. I have been reading immigration forums for many years and I cant believe I am actually in the process of getting my citizenship. This has been an amazing source of resource for me.

I hit my 4 yrs and 9 months date in May and did not waste time in sending the N-400 to the Phoenix mailbox. I also live around the Phoenix area.

Incidentally my processing timeline looks very similar to WW2G. My application went out on 5/10/2009. FP was done on 6/11. I got the IL in the mail yesterday (7/8) with an interview date set for 8/18.

This was a big surprise for me since I have opted for a name change. And having read the forums here, I learn that I would have to go through a court process.

Does that happen AFTER the interview?

PS. I am in no way ready for the test :D