Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

Congratulations, phx_dude!

Glad to hear your oath has been scheduled. It was a pain waiting for the oath letter in the mail.

BobSmyth,

What did you mean when you said "Obtain COURT DOCUMENTS for the ARREST that show final charge and fine was paid"?
I called the court, and they asked, "What exactly are you looking for? We can give you a copy of the plea agreement - that you plead to a lower charge (Speeding - Civil), and we could give you a statement showing zero balance. We can even stamp them for you. What more do you need?".

Thank you, again.

The statement showing that you have a zero balance..in other words, proof that the citation was paid.

Thanks Phx_Girl, Cregan and all!

I will keep an eye on that mailbox for sure....:)

Is it possible to have family (non-US citizens) at the oath ceremony? My folks are in town, but if its a hassle, I dont want them to be lost or go through a lot of pain.....

:)

Phx_dude

It is allowed for your family to attend.

There is a visitors area for them to sit and watch the ceremony from.

Awesome! Thanks asdasd! :)

One other question- I am assuming they will allow cameras into the Visitor area so pictures can be taken.....is that valid?

Hello All-

I received my interview letter in the mail today...wooo hooo! It is scheduled for June 5th......the letter asks for Greencard, "Any immigration documents you have" and a "Re-entry permit or Refugee Travel Doc"......Since I dont have any re-entry permits, I assuming that I can let that one pass....is that an ok assumption?

Also, I am thinking that I will take my GC, Passport, SSN card, birth certificate, Drivers License to the oath ceremony....anything else that you guys can think of?

It was a relief to get this letter, to be honest....

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes indeed, if you have nothing relevant there is no need to bring any new documents.

You should only need your GC for the ceremony, but if you feel more comfortable bring the kitchen sink :D

God luck

Got my passport today - In regular processing it took exactly 5 weeks after I applied for myself and my wife

asdasd, I thought you already had your passport.
What happened to the trip you had scheduled for the end of April?

The trip got pushed out - hence I decided to apply with my wife on April 24th rather than on april 17th. This way, we both have the same passport issue and passport expiry dates. It makes it easier, while filling out various forms during internationa travels. I only have to remember one set of dates :)

oh, ok. I wasn't imagining things, lol
I'm relieved it's all over, I bet you must be too.
As I saw on one poster's signature, "It's a Done Deal!"

All-

I was wondering if I can skip the trip to 601, W Jackson for applying for the passport on the same day as the Oath.....how about if I just used the Naturalization certificate and applied at the post office the next day?

Any requirement to apply at 601 W Jackson?

Thanks!

You can definately do that.
Some of us just prefer to do it the same day because it's convinient for us. You're there already (it's a couple blocks away), you don't need an appointment, and the passport application is done, one less and last thing to worry about.

oh, ok. I wasn't imagining things, lol
I'm relieved it's all over, I bet you must be too.
As I saw on one poster's signature, "It's a Done Deal!"

I am just waiting for the PC and the NC. Then this part will be done.

I am in process of applying dual citizenship with my original country. That should take another 6-7 weeks.

Thanks Phx_Girl! I see the date for "NC Received" on your signature...does it mean that the Naturalization certificate comes in the mail? If so, do I get something at the oath ceremony that I can take to the post office within a couple of days of the ceremony? I am sure you get something at oath, since you must be showing it at the 601 W Jackson facility....

I wanted to see if I can go on a separate day, since I have family with me on the oath day, and I dont want to bother them with the passport app etc...also, I did a "dry run" of the 601 W Jackson area and definitely didnt want to pay for parking again....