Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

Passed Interview :)

Me and spouse did clear our interviews today

It was pretty simple process.

Parked at the DHS parking lot(5$ fees)

We entered the building at 10 AM for a interview timing of 10:15 AM.
We had to wait until 11:20 before I was called.

Made me take the Oath to say the truth

He asked me for my License, Green Card and SSN Card.

I was carrying the SSN card based on the information learned on the forum. The interview letter does not mention SSN card as something that is needed.

He gave back the GC, with a signed letter.(something to the effect that if I lost my GC between Interview and Oath, I could get the oath on the basis of a police report.)

He went thru the civic questions( I only had the New test option)
1) Who wrote the declaration of independence
2) One state bordering Mexico
3) Who is commander in Chief of the US armed forces
4) What is the political party of the president
5) what are the 2 major political parties
6) Name 3 colonies from the 13 original colonies

Simple sentence to read and write. That part was done quickly.

He went thru the form and recorded my international trip I had between application and interview.

Had me sign the application.
He also had me sign my pictures.

He explained me the oath letter and that it will take 3-6 weeks to arrive.

Overall it took, approx 20-25 minutes.

My spouses interview took only 10 minutes, and pretty much the same stuff.

Now I start waiting for the Oath Letter.

Thanks asdasd for the detailed posting and Congratulations to you and your spouse for passing the interview!

I am puzzled that they asked for your SSN Card. We will also keep it handy
Our interview is April 10th. Hope you and Phx Girl get the Oath Letter soon

Regards

Rox

He used the SSN card to verify my SSN on the N-400. He returned it immediately.

He was very meticulous and polite.

I was actually concerned that my green card was based on Employment, where I had changed employment during the 485 stage(using AC21 clause) before I got my GC. That never came up n the interview.

I also had a traffic ticket in 99, which I paid. I never put that on the N-400,a s I never remembered it until a few days back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, asdasd!

I had the same questions, in the same order as the OP, azkiwi.
I was told I didn't have to sign my pictures because I went ahead w/ the name change.

Do I sign them at the time of the oath? Anyone know what happens?

I had my SS card w/ me, but wasn't asked for it. She only verified it w/ me as she went through every single question on the N400 app.
Certain questions, such as my husband's name she would "hide" the application, as if hiding it from me, so I wouldn't cheat.(?)
Of course I didn't need to see, but wondered why. I wasn't applying on basis of marriage.
The written question was a bit difficult, almost as if she was trying to confuse me. At one point I wasn't quite sure which sentence/statement she wanted me to write down. It was a rather long sentence and she kept going on about the statement, it was a bit confusing. Good thing I know the language well, someone trying to just slide by would've failed it for sure.

Cregan-here is our timeline. Exactly same timeline for my wife and I

Regards

Rox

Phoenix D/O
NBC*000022XXX
12/26/08 Mailed N400 Application
12/29/08 Priority Date
1/3/09 Received Receipt Notice
1/6/09 Cashed Check
1/9/09 Received Fingerprint Notice
1/13/09 Fingerprint Completed
2/21/09 Interview Notice Letter
4/10/09 Interview Date
XXXXXXX Oath Letter Recieved
XXXXXXX Oath Taking Ceremony

Thanks to everybody

Rox - Your timeline is exactly same as mine+3 weeks -
PD to ID = 102 days for both of us. It might be interesting to check if it follows this rule in the future for more people.

Phx_Girl - Some officers are different from others. My sentence was extremely simple. Read - "Who elects congress". Write - "The People Elect Congress".
Infact while writing, the officer said one word at a time and waited for me to finish that word, before saying the other word. It was funny as I knew what I had to write, but would wait for the officer to say the next word.

The officer asked me, if my spouse was also there at the interview. When I said yes, he put a small postit on my file to schedule me and spouse in the same ceremony with our A numbers on it.

It is one more step done... Many people might object to this, but I will say it anyways...

For me the citizenship is not an emotional issue - it is the practical way of living life. Citizenship makes it easier for me to travel around and me not having to worry about any plans I might need to make in future of longer stays in my home country. I like what this country has given me. I will be loyal to this country for that.

I will celebrate, because it will be an end to a painful process,
not because, it was my greatest wish to become US Citizen.

My Loyalty to my home country and US, is more in my heart. It cannot be defined by a certificate or passport.

asdasd, yes that is correct. It is all up to the officer. As we've read many other stories of IO's finding a way to deny your application.
Like I mentioned before, my IO was very professional and friendly, which makes one feel more comfortable.

I'll just feel proud when I get my certificate. It is especially important for us because of our constant trips across the border, about 4 or 5 times a year.
We've noticed a difference now that I am the only non-U.S. citizen in the vehicle.
Before it was, "Where do you work? Where do you live? Where are you going? Why are you here? When was the last time you were here?", etc
Now it's just, "Are you bringing anything back?"
We'll see if there's any difference afterwards.

Timelines seem to be going smoothly in Phoenix. Phx_Dude's timeline is moving along fine. He should be getting that IL next month.

Thanks to everybody

For me the citizenship is not an emotional issue - it is the practical way of living life. Citizenship makes it easier for me to travel around and me not having to worry about any plans I might need to make in future of longer stays in my home country. I like what this country has given me. I will be loyal to this country for that.

I will celebrate, because it will be an end to a painful process,
not because, it was my greatest wish to become US Citizen.

My Loyalty to my home country and US, is more in my heart. It cannot be defined by a certificate or passport.

asdasd,

From my perspective I agree with you 100% and I'm sure that if we had a poll the majority of others would say the same.

Thanks Phx_Girl and Congratulations to All that cleared the interview! I have been sitting here with my fingers crossed...:)

Hi everyone in Phoenix,
I filed n400 on Jan 27, 2009 at Phoenix DO, received FP appointment on Feb 21, but I requested for rescheduling because I was busy that day. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything from them since then. Do you guys think that I should wait some more days for rescheduled appointment to come to my mailbox?? Is it ok if i dont have to worry about this:(

Thanks you guys for advice.

Why dont you try getting FP done without the appointment.

Usually you can do a Walkin FP in Phoenix on a Wednesday or Saturday.

Take your FP notice from Feb and ou should be able to get it done today...

I guess he has sent the notice back already.

The walk in would have been a better solution.

When did you send it back?

I guess he has sent the notice back already.
Yes, that's right:(
Can I walk-in without FP notice? Actually, I tried to walk-in before sending back the original notice for rescheduling on Feb 17 (my appointment was Feb 21), but they were closed that day:mad: Today, I'm gonna go there and ask for walk-in. I dont know if they accept or not.

I'm done with my FP without notice today:) They were very kind. After I explained my situation, they gave me the form to fill out, and I waited for 10 minutes or so to get the FP done.
Thank you guys for helpful advice.