Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Greenworld,

Did the officer tell you why he did not stamp your pp? Is the reason as gc4us said that Phily is also following suit with Baltimore's approval procedure (waiting for approval nitice without stamping pp)?

bobbyren

greenworld said:
SGI,
Did your friend got stamped ?
we were interviewed by officer D also. It took us only 5 minutes. But he did not stamp our passport. do you think this is normal?

greenworld said:
hi, gc4us
thanks for you info.
Did you ask the officer why they did not stamp the passport after interview?

Hi GreenWorld,
I was already aware of the fact that they were not stamping on the interview date. So, when I asked him what the next steps would be, he said that I need to wait for the approval letter and then fix an infopass appointment to get the PP stamped. One other good thing is that we gave our Fingerprints and signature during our interview itself. We did not do it during our PP stamping :)

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Cheers!!
V!

greenworld said:
No, he did say the reason. He just said that the approval notice will mail to you in two or three weeks.

For most of the cases interviewed in Baltimore, approvals have been mailed within a week after the interview. Ideally you should get your approval within a week's time.

If Phily Infopass is "Yawning", you should go ahead and get yourselves an infopass appointment for some day next week :) :)

In Baltimore thread, the keyword I believe was, "Recommended for Approval" or something like what you said... "Approval notice in 2, 3 weeks". Because, if the IIO was not satisfied, He/She would not say that the approval notice will be mailed.

You should see that magic mail in a couple of days... I know it is still "Butterflies" till you see "The Letter".... but Rest easy :)

V!

Interview Experience......

Friends,

Interview done on April 4th, the officer asked the current employment offer letter, salary slips for three months and W2's for last two years, that's it but unfortunately he told my priority date is June 2nd, 2002 but now the current date is April 1st, 2002, as soon as the dates are moved then he is going to approve my case.... The overall experience I am tensed for the interview but luckily everything is cool but not stamped until my date is current so again tension for this and waiting for that and spending tooooooo much time on the Internet to browse the experiences and reading all the INS articles etc.....

Any idea when the dates will move or how many moths will take to complete my entire Green card process. Please let me know, any ideas are suggestions are highly appreciated. Luckily the priority dates are move to June, 2002 but still I am not getting any sweet email from INS. Thank you all.

Boddam

interview letter

hi, Guys,

Just let you know we got the interview letters fron Philly office yesterday. the date is July 12. Officer E. Dose anybody have experience with this officer?

wish you all get the letter soon.

Thanks!

nnepudem

nnepudem,

Congratulations on your receipt of interview letter. Hope that everything will go well during your interview. Please post your interview experience when it's done.

To Boddam:
It's kind of pain to wait for PD, but I am sure you will finally get your GC journey done soon. I am not sure if you know or not, but there is a sticky thread (the following link) talking about 485 in VSC and I think there is some discussion about PD issue.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=109915&page=626&pp=15

Good luck,

bobbyren

To Boddam

I understand you can't wait for the PD to move forward, like all other EB3 applicants including myself. There are numerous sources of information on recent retrogression -- official news or discussion forums. Like I said about a month ago when you posted the same note, your ETA should be July ......

Aladdin said:
I understand you can't wait for the PD to move forward, like all other EB3 applicants including myself. There are numerous sources of information on recent retrogression -- official news or discussion forums. Like I said about a month ago when you posted the same note, your ETA should be July ......

Hi Bobyren & Aladdin,

Thank you so much for your response and encouragement, I wish with in 4 weeks we are going to receive magic emails. I wish both of you good luck. Thank you.

Boddam

Philadelphia local interview

Hello folks,

after my fingerprinting my case is transferred to the local office in philadelphia for an interview that's scheduled for the end of June . My case is based on Employment-offer-basis. Would appreciate if someone can answer these few questions:

1. My 485 was applied in June of 2004. If everything goes ok with the interview, should I expect to get a stamp on my and my wife's passport the same day? If not, where should i look for the dates?

2. What kind of questions do they ask during the interview?

3. My wife is scheduled for 9.30 and i'm for 10.00. Do they interview both separate?

3. Any suggestions for the interview?

would really appreciate any help/suggestions/pointers.

thanxs,
Sunset1234.
======================================
:p

Contratulations, Sunset1234! Would you please tell us the details about your case? What category is it, EB1, EB2-RIR, EB2-NIW, or EB3?

To your questions, I would suggest you read some of the early posters in this thread. There is a lot of iformation and you will find out the documents you need to prepare, the procedure of the interview and the questions they would ask As pointed by sgi, Philly office might also not stamp pp on the date of interview, instead, they will ask you to wait for approval notice and the physical green card. Please let us know if this is true after your interview. I think you and your wife will be interviewed together.

Good luck,
bobbyren

Sunset1234 said:
Hello folks,

after my fingerprinting my case is transferred to the local office in philadelphia for an interview that's scheduled for the end of June . My case is based on Employment-offer-basis. Would appreciate if someone can answer these few questions:

1. My 485 was applied in June of 2004. If everything goes ok with the interview, should I expect to get a stamp on my and my wife's passport the same day? If not, where should i look for the dates?

2. What kind of questions do they ask during the interview?

3. My wife is scheduled for 9.30 and i'm for 10.00. Do they interview both separate?

3. Any suggestions for the interview?

would really appreciate any help/suggestions/pointers.

thanxs,
Sunset1234.
======================================
:p

Hello Bobbyren, thanks for the reply.

I'm EB-3. My main concern is that: do they ask tricky questions?, do they interview the spouse separately to judge the case?.....or is it just straightforward? and If it is straighforward then why do they pick us for personal interview???!!

Even though they have not asked for it in their appointment letter, I'm taking all my W2s and Tax returns + all the previous H1 approval docs.

thanks,
Sunset1234.
==================================

Sunset1234 said:
Hello Bobbyren, thanks for the reply.

I'm EB-3. My main concern is that: do they ask tricky questions?, do they interview the spouse separately to judge the case?.....or is it just straightforward? and If it is straighforward then why do they pick us for personal interview???!!

Even though they have not asked for it in their appointment letter, I'm taking all my W2s and Tax returns + all the previous H1 approval docs.

thanks,
Sunset1234.
==================================

Hello Sunset1234,
Like Bobbyren stated, you will find a wealth of information from past interview experience postings and also from other threads.... Baltimore, Washington et al. There are checklist documents in the threads too.
The checklist sent by INS is not comprehensive and it clearly states in the letter that they might ask for more documentation than mentioned.
Carrying your W2, Returns, Paystubs, Employment Verification letter, Bank Statements, EAD, are must. Many other such items are listed in past postings.

Good luck,
V!

Sunset1234,

From what I learned from this forum, the interview is pretty straightforward. Since your case is EB-3, I hope you don't have PD issue, otherwise you may need to wait for PD (I think current PD is June 2002). Also it may be already asked to take, but I think the most improtant docs for interview is the employment letter and some docs to verify your current residence such as bills and bank statement. Please see the example of the doc list and interview procedure below I copied from another poster, so you can get a better idea. The doc list may be too complete, but if you have those docs in hand, maybe just take them with you.

Good luck and please remember to poster your interview.

bobbyren

-------------------------------------------
Hi, there,

I went to Philly yesterday for Green Card interview. The officer said he is going to approve the case. However he needs to get a visa number. So he is going to mail us a letter in about a week and send the card within a month.

Here is a list of document prepared.

1. Interview Notice
2. Drivers Licenses and Passport and I-94
3. All Receipt Notice and Approval Notice from INS
a. RIR Approval Notice
b. I-140 Approval Notice - Original Copy
c. I-485 Receipt Notice - Original Copy
d. I-485 Transfer Notice
4. Employment Letter for Primary applicant
5. Pay Stubs for Primary applicant for the Past 6 Months
6. Marriage Certificate
7. Birth Certificate
8. Federal Income Tax for Year 2001, 2002 and 2003 and W-2s
9. Evidence of Bona Fides of Marital Union
a. Join Banking Account
b. Mortgage Statement
c. Insurance Policy
d. Photographs
e. Baby Birth Certificate and SSN
10. Copies of All Foreign Travel Documents
a. EAD
b. AP
11. Spouse’s Employment Evidence or Other Document to Prove Currently in Status
a. Employment Letter
b. Pay Stubs
c. H1-B Copy
12. SSN Card
13. All University Diploma
14. All I-485 Filing Document
15. All Bills to prove current address
16. All I-20s

The officer asked for all document from No.1 to No.12. One tip. Make copies of the document for the officers.

Here is a quick interview overview.
1. Took index finger print and signature
2. Got into office and took the oath to tell the truth
3. Presented all the document the officer asked for
4. While presented the document, the officers asked a series of random questions
a. Have you been ever arrested in any place all over the world
b. Do you always stay in the US with status? Show me the proof
c. Birthday
d. Home Phone number
e. Employer name
f. How many hours do you work each week
g. When do you start your work each day
h. What is your job title
i. What is your salary
j. When do you got married
k. Is this your first marriage
l. Do you have kid
m. Do you have kid's birth certificate
n. When do you guys meet?
o. Where do you go to school
p. When is the last time you entered the United States
5. The officer took the I-94 card while he was asking the questions
6. The officer made photo copies of all the document.

Sunset1234,

Questions to you:

1) If you are from India/Philippines/China please post your Priority Date.

2) In the interview letter does it indicate the officer (only the alphabet is stated eg; A,B,C,D...) who will conduct the interview? If yes, are they same for both you and your spouse. Try talking to the officer (when he calls you for interview) and get the interview for both of you at the same time. Usually they grant such a request but all depends on the officer and your case.

3) Does the letter indicate the documents you need to take?

Since you are employment based:

a) Recent EVL from you current employer --- original to be submitted, so make a copy for your records. If your wife is working get an EVL from her employer.

Documents where copies to be submitted and original for verification
-----------------------------------------------------------------
b) Last 3 paystubs (from the date of the interview)
c) Last 3 years W2 and tax returns
d) Driving License for each adult applicant, if they have one.
e) Utility bills (1/2 is enough) for proof of residence
f) Marriage certificate
g) Bank statement or Lease agreement that shows you and your spouse have the monies intermingled. (This is usually for marriage based GC but thay may ask sometimes.) Remember the officer at local office are used to handle marriage based cases as against employment based cases.

h) Originals of I-94, EAD and AP that was issued to all applicants. Make copies for your records if you need.

Good to have documents:
------------------------
Take originals of all documents you may have submitted to USCIS such as degrees and birth certificates, copies of medical exam report that was sent to USCIS. Usually they do not ask for them but you never know.

As for your question...why your case was transferred...no one can predict USCIS ways.....it could be anything. From what I have read in these forum over the years, they range from

a) medical issue where the USCIS was wanting to let the applicant alert about a medical condition(he was granted PR).
b) Clear FP could not be obtained even after repeated attempts.
c) Verify some other information like job, address, marriage
d) For QA purpose

My case was also considered 'straightforward' but was transferred for interview. I did ask the USCIS officer after the interview if he knew why was application was transferred his response was 'maybe VSC wanted to give us (local office) some work'

I understand the wait could prove to be very anxious, but do not worry everything will fall in place at the end. Use the time to get all the documents in order.

Go through this thread for questions which are all common ones. Hope this helps and good luck in your interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I would add another Q: what is your transffer date?
thx,
nemessis

sgi said:
Sunset1234,

Questions to you:

Thanks for all this info! really appreciate this.

To answer all your questions:

::::: Priority date is "Dec 24, 2001". The Receipt date on I-485 is "June 16th, 2004". The notice date from INS for local transfer is "April 21st, 2005" and the notice for interview from local Philly INS came on "May 12th, 2005" confirming the appoitment for "end of June, 2005". ::::::

2) In the interview letter does it indicate the officer (only the alphabet is stated eg; A,B,C,D...) who will conduct the interview? If yes, are they same for both you and your spouse. Try talking to the officer (when he calls you for interview) and get the interview for both of you at the same time. Usually they grant such a request but all depends on the officer and your case.
::::::: For my wife and myself it says "Officer A". Has anyone experienced officer A? ::::::::

3) Does the letter indicate the documents you need to take?

::: The letter just says to get 'driver license, passports, updated job letters, paystubs & evidence that we live in their jurisdiction like mortgage agreement etc. But besides these stuff I'll take all the ones mentioned in this msg. board too to keep it safe. :::::::::