Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Strange Situation- Guru's Help!

Yesterday, it was a bit of surprise for me. But yet not resolved. Our family's interview was done on Nov 05, 2004 and since then I have been waiting for approval notice which is pending due to FBI name check clearance. However, Yesterday my kid (6 years old) alone recieved Welcome notice. I am hoing that ours (me and my wife's) also arrive in few days. Does that mean my file has been cleared? or Can they approve just dependents without the approval of primary? My kid's letter was dated on 13th Mar. 2004 (Sunday)? Do they work on Sundays?

Gurus can enlighten me please!

Plastic Cards

Hi ,

Philadelphia office approved myself & my wifes cases was approved on 11th March'05 and stamped on passports . When we can expect Plastic cards. Please let me know

Congrats!!

gcwaiting2001,

congrats for your GC. You shud probably change ur name to GCapproved2005 :eek: . Did you and your wife received one letter or seperate letters?

Can you shed some light on my case?

Emp verification Letter

I have Interview in Pittsburgh Local office on april 4th , they asked me to brng below documents

A Current Letter of Employment For you And/OR your Spouse Showing Rate of Pay and Hours Per Week

I got emp letter from my employer is it sufficient?and i have Ny driving licence but i am styaing in pittsburgh is it problem?
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
3000 Sidney Street, #213
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15203
Dear Sir/Madam:
In support of our previously approved petition to classify the above-named alien as beneficiary of a preference immigrant visa, this is to confirm xxxxx is currently working for xxxxx. and we intend to continue employing him as a xxxxx on a yearly salary of xxxxx . He will continue working 40 Hours per Week and this position is permanent.

All other terms and requirements stated in our petition remain unchanged.

Your favorable consideration of the application for adjustment of status will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned at xxxxx

Please let me know do i need to add job description also?

Thx
Surya

Anybody has the experience to file a lawsuit?

Guys
I am seriously considering to file a lawsuit(Mandamus) to speed up our employment based I-485 application due to huge delay of my name check with FBI. If somebody has this kind of experience, please share your experience.

Thanks
Tiger1234

I-485 employment based case
RD 08/01
TD 08/04
ID 11/04
AD????

tiger1234,

Try writng/talking to Rajiv Khanna. Back in Dec 2003 when the lawsuit was filed by Rajiv there were numerous posts about other individual filings and their outcomes. Though not sure if any of them was employment based.

Also, did you try writing to Congressman and/or Senators?

sgi

sgi said:
tiger1234,

Try writng/talking to Rajiv Khanna. Back in Dec 2003 when the lawsuit was filed by Rajiv there were numerous posts about other individual filings and their outcomes. Though not sure if any of them was employment based.

Also, did you try writing to Congressman and/or Senators?

sgi
Sgi
thanks! In the mean time, I wrote to Congressman and Senator, FBI director/Assistant Director. But my name check is still pending. I will try talking/writing to Rajiv.

interviewed and stamped

well here is the news: my wife and I had interview today and we both have our pp stamped.

We were called in together. Officer is an African-American lady - very nice. After sworn us in she asked our passport, birth cert, marriage cert, job letter, paystub, 3-year tax, and ask the questions on 485 form. That's it. She said the card will be mailed to our address 3-6 months and we can use the stamp to travel.

Now I got to relax a little and enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation, Yuxin. From your username, it seems you came from China. I also came from mainland China. My question for you is: are your certficates for birth and marriage original or notarized. I just have notarized, not original. Do you think it is OK that we just bring these notaried certificates to our interviews. Thanks.

yuxin said:
well here is the news: my wife and I had interview today and we both have our pp stamped.

We were called in together. Officer is an African-American lady - very nice. After sworn us in she asked our passport, birth cert, marriage cert, job letter, paystub, 3-year tax, and ask the questions on 485 form. That's it. She said the card will be mailed to our address 3-6 months and we can use the stamp to travel.

Now I got to relax a little and enjoy :)

notorized is good enough. what do u mean by original? Do u mean the cert from the hostpital where you were born -no need for that.

Yuxin
Congrats and Thanks for share your experience!
I feel lucky that I also have those kind of documents
from China.

Can you tell us you TD?
mine is early Jan this year.

hi guys this my first time to post my case .it's employment base unskillworker.so My case was transfered from Vsc long time ago in may 2004,to the local office .LC approve in 2001.
i140 ND march 2003.
i485 ND april 2003.
i140 ND march 2004.
PD april 2001.
2 ead,,,,,,,,,,3 fingerprint last one was in januray2005.now i got interview in april .i work with the same guy who responser for my LC.im spcialest in a kind of food the owner offer me a job year around but the food who i got the LC just in summer time :mad: so what i have to say in the interview :confused: .any comment based your experience.

I'm surprised to see ppl who had their applic transferred for almost a year or more are not approved yet. I came across one of MGM recent posts and I cannot believe that his applic is not approved yet (he was the one to start this thread and his applic was transferred more that 2 years ago). MGM, can you please post the details of your case ... any idea why your applic is processed so slowly?
Thanks,
enmessis

santorenyGR said:
hi guys this my first time to post my case .it's employment base unskillworker.so My case was transfered from Vsc long time ago in may 2004,to the local office .LC approve in 2001.
i140 ND march 2003.
i485 ND april 2003.
i140 ND march 2004.
PD april 2001.
2 ead,,,,,,,,,,3 fingerprint last one was in januray2005.now i got interview in april .i work with the same guy who responser for my LC.im spcialest in a kind of food the owner offer me a job year around but the food who i got the LC just in summer time :mad: so what i have to say in the interview :confused: .any comment based your experience.

My case is strange

Nemesis,

I posted about my case before. We received a notice saying that my kid's appln has been approved. It takes 9-12 months (Oh God!) to receive physical green card. No news about mine and my wife's cases. May be still under name check. Is that not funny to approve my kid's case before mine. CIS is totally inscrutable.

Congratulations nemessis!!!
It looks like Philly is faster than Baltimore..I remember you were transferred shortly after me...and I am still waiting, was told my interview will be in June-July:-(