Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Aladdin said:
For me nothing is going on... No receipt notice, not to mention interview notice. Went in to the office once and was told they had the files, and it took 12-15 months to process... blah blah blah... things we all know. I have no idea how some people got interview letters so fast, and I am not sure in what order they process applications on file.

Hi Friends,

Did any one received Interview letters from Philly for cases like EB3 and transferred from Vermont to Philly..., Mine was transferred there on Oct26th 2004 and still I am waiting for the Interview letter. Any comments or suggestions please let me know. Thank you.

Boddam

Infopass

Received approvals for EAD for i and my wife. DO i need to schedule one appoinmnet using infopass or do i have to do 2 for each of us.. appreciate your response Thanks....

shabbu77 said:
Received approvals for EAD for i and my wife. DO i need to schedule one appoinmnet using infopass or do i have to do 2 for each of us.. appreciate your response Thanks....

Just one appointment for both. Thanks.

I-485 Interview............

Hi Friends,

Today I received Interview letters for my wife and mine. They are asking only driver’s License, Can any one please explain me what documents we have to carry for the Interview.

Details: -

File transferred from Vermont to Philadelphia is on Oct 26th 2004 and received interview letter on February 22nd 2005. If any one has any questions please let me know. Thank you.

Boddam said:
Hi Friends,

Today I received Interview letters for my wife and mine. They are asking only driver’s License, Can any one please explain me what documents we have to carry for the Interview.

File transferred from Vermont to Philadelphia is on Oct 26th 2004 and received interview letter on February 22nd 2005. If any one has any questions please let me know. Thank you.

Whats ur priority date ??? my case was transferred on the 1st of October 2004 and havent heard from the philly office yet... still waiting for a call i wonder how long it will take...

Anyways Good luck with ur interview...

I was transferred on Oct. 18 of 2004 and my lawyer receive the interview letter today too. My laywer will prepare the interview materials for me (as he said).

Boddam said:
Hi Friends,

Last edited by a moderator:
Owen2003 said:
I was transferred on Oct. 18 of 2004 and my lawyer receive the interview letter today too. My laywer will prepare the interview materials for me (as he said).

Hi Boddam and Owen. When do you have your interviews scheduled?
Thx

shabbu77 said:
Whats ur priority date ??? my case was transferred on the 1st of October 2004 and havent heard from the philly office yet... still waiting for a call i wonder how long it will take...

Anyways Good luck with ur interview...

Thank you ! My Priority date is June5 2002, I think you will receive your interview leter with in one or two weeks. Good Luck and if you have any questions let me know.

Owen2003 said:

Hi Owen2003,

Can you please update me your plans like what documents we have to prepare and R U planning to take the attorney for the interview, if yes, can you give me the lawyer phone number or email ID, one more thing, Is that Lawyer lives in Philly or not and Is he familiar to local INS officers?

I really appreciate if you can help me in this. Thank you in advance for your wonderful help.

Boddam

Boddam said:
April 4th 2005

Boddam and Owen,

Congrats to you! Had you guys both received a receipt notice from the Philadelphia Office before? Does it mean you have to get a receipt notice before you can get an interview letter?

Aladdin said:
Boddam and Owen,

Congrats to you! Had you guys both received a receipt notice from the Philadelphia Office before? Does it mean you have to get a receipt notice before you can get an interview letter?

No, not required, in my case I received a letter from Vermount saying that my file is transfered to local office philadelphia. I didn't receive any letter from Philadelphia. Any questions let me know. Thank you.

Boddam said:
Hi Owen2003,

Can you please update me your plans like what documents we have to prepare and R U planning to take the attorney for the interview, if yes, can you give me the lawyer phone number or email ID, one more thing, Is that Lawyer lives in Philly or not and Is he familiar to local INS officers?

I really appreciate if you can help me in this. Thank you in advance for your wonderful help.

Boddam
I will update my plan after I have all document ready. My lawyer is in NY and he won't go with me for the interview. Will let you know what document he prepare for me.

Guys,
I got my wife's passport stamped in Sept/04 (first week). Even, I got mine at same time.
Well, I got my plastic card within 2 months.
But, I still haven't received my wife's card. It is almost 6 months now.
Had our interview in Philadelphia SC.
I called, VSC, but, they said, I need to contact Philadelphia since we have no information.
I also tried calling Philadelphia, but no one is picking the phone there.
I also, sent the letter regarding this but, still no answer.

Any comments pl. ?

No, I did not receive any transfer notice from either vermont or philly.
Aladdin said:
Boddam and Owen,

Owen2003 said:
No, I did not receive any transfer notice from either vermont or philly.
Thanks again guys for posting your data. Regarding the transfer notices, I didn't receive any also but 2 days ago my lawyer forwarded them to me (both my wife's and mine) so ask your lawyers about them. I attached the tracker with the latest info.

Hi Nemessis/Boddam/Owen2003

My receipt date is 02/13/2002 . Mine and my wife's application were transferred to PHILI office on 09/08/2004 . I received an interview letter for me from Phili office on February 19 ,2005 and my interview date is scheduled on March 11,2005, but they did not send any interview letter for my wife . The primary applicant is me . Do I need to call the Phili office regarding my wife's interview letter ? . Is there any similar cases like mine .

Please reply -- Thanks

My lawyer told me he got notices for both my wife and me. Maybe you can try to have your wife with you for the interview (make a infopass appointment so you can enter the building). I am not sure it is useful to call them.

sushe485 said:
Hi Nemessis/Boddam/Owen2003

My receipt date is 02/13/2002 . Mine and my wife's application were transferred to PHILI office on 09/08/2004 . I received an interview letter for me from Phili office on February 19 ,2005 and my interview date is scheduled on March 11,2005, but they did not send any interview letter for my wife . The primary applicant is me . Do I need to call the Phili office regarding my wife's interview letter ? . Is there any similar cases like mine .

Please reply -- Thanks

sushe485,

I believe I read recently in a thread may be in Atlanta one that one guy had interview and his wife did not and he took her wife with him. Officer interviewed both and approved. I think you should take her with all the paperwork and tell the officer she did not receive the letter, can she come in with your or she has to wait outside.

If the officer asks her to wait outside it's fine but if she is called in hopefully you both will be approved together.

Also if you have kids who are born here, I would recommend not to take them with you, it will keep things simpler.

Good Luck