Philadelphia Transfer Cases

My Jan 28, 2005 Philly visit experience

Nabuco,

It is unfortunate to read your message just after returning from USCIS Philly Office. May be worth spending 2 minutes to read my experience

It is 3.5 hrs drive if I don't miss the route. For the interview, I took 6 hrs to reach the office. They asked me to handover the letter and sit (Room 100). My turn came after 45 minutes approximately. She was kind. Asked for my A#. I gave my EAD. She entered in the computer and then said "no". Then she did it again. Then she replied that My Background Check is not cleared yet. She said first one is cleared but second one has not. I said "first one" is finger print and "second one" is name check. She was amazed by my knowledge (she doesn't know about this website, I guess). My file came up with "approvable" in the computer with pending name check. It did not matter. I wasn't frustruated much this time because of low expectations. Then I asked about filing EAD (Of course I already did e-filing). She asked whether I have the appln. I said "no" but you returned my EAD appln back. She immediately replied, no you should file at Chicago Lock Box Facility. Oops.. So many unsorted issues. Then I said "Thank You" and came out.

For a moment I remembered about a dialogue in one of the hit Indian movie

" For being born in this earth what are all the things I will be seeing further".

BTW, my first name is common but last name isn't. Then why the hell it takes so long. May be they haven't touched it yet or may be they don't have it? Whatever the waiting game to continue..

Gurus,

EB3, I-140 approved, I –485 Cases transferred to local office Philly from October 2004 to till date, when we can expect Interview letters. Any Idea… Please let me know. Thank you all

Where to file EAD?

Hi everyone,

I am new comer here and have a question about EAD application for my wife. My I485 and my wife's I485 was transferred from Vermont Service Center (original file location) to Philly in Nov 2004 after my I140 (NIW) was approved. Recently my wife got an offer in a small company, which can not sponsor H1b. We decided to apply for EAD. Could you please advise me where should my wife should submit her EAD application? From the insruction of I765, it says:

"If your response to question 16 is (c)(9) (Adjustment applicants), file your application at the same local INS office or Service Center where you
submitted your adjustment of status application."

Should the application be filed to VSC or the Philly local offce, or the Chicago Center? Could someone who has this kind of experience share your experience? Also we prefer paper file, not e-file. How will that normally take?

Thanks and have a good night,

bobby

file EAD at Vermont Service Center

Hello Bobby,

My 485 got transferred to Philly back in Sep 2004. and i applied for an EAD renewal in Dec 2004 at the Service Center at Vermont which got transferred to Philly... My bet is you should file at Vermont where your 485 was originally filed and then Let USCIS decide what to do with the application

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
bobbyren said:
Hi everyone,

I am new comer here and have a question about EAD application for my wife. My I485 and my wife's I485 was transferred from Vermont Service Center (original file location) to Philly in Nov 2004 after my I140 (NIW) was approved. Recently my wife got an offer in a small company, which can not sponsor H1b. We decided to apply for EAD. Could you please advise me where should my wife should submit her EAD application? From the insruction of I765, it says:

"If your response to question 16 is (c)(9) (Adjustment applicants), file your application at the same local INS office or Service Center where you
submitted your adjustment of status application."

Should the application be filed to VSC or the Philly local offce, or the Chicago Center? Could someone who has this kind of experience share your experience? Also we prefer paper file, not e-file. How will that normally take?

Thanks and have a good night,

bobby

You have to apply your wife EAD in Philadelphia only because your I-485 file is transferred to local office, after submitting the EAD, it will take 2 to 3 weeks to get fingerprint notice, that you can do where ever you are staying now, once you are done with that, you will get the EAD with in two weeks. In my case also same thing happed like my I-485 file is transferred to Philadelphia after approving I-140 and I applied my EAD to there only, exactly I got my EAD with in 4 weeks including fingerprints, previously there is no fingerprint in the EAD card but now they want finger print the EAD card, any questions please feel free to ask me. Thank you.

case status update

Hi,

Update for my status:

RD - 1/10/2002
TD - 6/3/2003
1st FP - 05/2002
2nd FP - 08/2004
ID - 11/08/2002
AD - ?

The same sad story: FBI name check.

Regards,
Vlad

Ora et labora

I got Interview Letter

Today I received Interview letters for mywife & Myself .Which documents I need to Carry for Interview. They are asking only Driver's License.Please let me know.
PD:10/2001
I-485:08/18/2003
TD:12/02/04
ID:3/05

shabbu77 said:
Hello Bobby,

My 485 got transferred to Philly back in Sep 2004. and i applied for an EAD renewal in Dec 2004 at the Service Center at Vermont which got transferred to Philly... My bet is you should file at Vermont where your 485 was originally filed and then Let USCIS decide what to do with the application

Regards

Thanks shabu77 and boddam for your kind replies. I updated my address today and got the same answer. You two are right that I should file EAD at the Phildelaphia local office.

Bobby

That's excellent news ... I wonder if all the ppl in this forum are updating their info ... hmmm ... there are several cases in Oct-Nov that we don't know if they got invit letter or not

gcwaiting2001 said:
Today I received Interview letters for mywife & Myself .Which documents I need to Carry for Interview. They are asking only Driver's License.Please let me know.

My case was transferred on Oct. 18, 04 and still no any transfer notice from either VSC or Philly. I went to Philly yesterday to check my case and was told they have my file there. I was told that it takes one year for interview and please wait. I asked to check my address but their computer system don’t show any information about address. I filled a change address form and the lady told me she will put it in my file.
My wife applied EAD right after I-485 was transferred (may be 15 days later) via VSC. Her EAD case was transferred to Philly within one month (Nov., 2004). She received an approval notice from Philly two weeks ago and was asked to come Philly for EAD. She went to there yesterday but did not get EAD. The officer did not give her EAD and asked her to come Philly on 3/8/05 or later. Her current EAD will expire on 3/8/05.

owen2003,

If they didnt wanted to give the EAD, why did they ask her to visit Philly. This is really bad, they could have sent the letter to come on 03/08 and pickup the EAD.

Thanks
GlenMD

gcwaiting2001 said:

Hi Can you please explain in detail like your's is EB3 or EB2 and the file is transfered from Vermount to Philly or another office and finally confirm me one more time when your file is transferd there... Is 12/02/2004 and you received your interview letters now ....that means just 60 days, if that is the correct you are the most luckest person..

I am EB3 and my file transfered from Vermount to Philly on 10/26/2004, still I am waiting for the interview letter...

Please let me know comments. Thank you so much inadvance for your kind help and good luck for your interview. Thank you.

glenmd said:
owen2003,

If they didnt wanted to give the EAD, why did they ask her to visit Philly. This is really bad, they could have sent the letter to come on 03/08 and pickup the EAD.

Thanks
GlenMD
They sent a letter and said the application was approved. Please make an appointment via inforpass for your EAD for 3/8/05 or later. I though it means my EAD is for 3/8/05 or later, not visit time.

Hi Friends,

Did any one received Interview letters from Philly for cases like EB3 and transferred from Vermont to Philly..., Mine was transferred there on Oct26th 2004 and still I am waiting for the Interview letter. Any comments or suggestions please let me know. Thank you.

Boddam

My 485 Interview in Philli

Using pre-approved labor filed in Dec 2000.
140/485 filed June 2004 in TSC
They were transferred to Philli in July 2004
Had a 485 interview for myself and my wife last month but my 140 was not approved. The officer asked me why I came in without my 140 being approved and I told him that I got an Interview letter. He was not aware of the concurrent filing of 140/485 and I told him that its been a law for more than 2 years. He went inside and came back after 5 mins and saw all the documents that we took and kept a copy.
He took the index prints and signs for me and my wife but he did not stamp th passport. He said that we dont have Visa numbers available for you and it might be 1 mo, 2 mo, 1 yr or more and asked me to call back once I get it.
I am in a dilemma as its been almost a month and haven't received any letter yet. Here are my questions.
1. My 140 has not been approved yet.
2. How long does it take for a Visa number. I used a Pre-approved labor filed in Dec 2000 in EB3 and what would be the priority date: Labor filing or the 140/485 file date.
3. Does the fIndex finger printing and the signature in the forms for me and my wife mean that our 485 is almost approved but just waiting for the Visa number ?
4. For the Visa number to be issued does the 140 need to be approved.
The officer was not friendly and I couldn't ask him any questions. Thats why I am checking with you guys to see if anyone has seen any issues like these.
Any thoughts would be greatly helpful.

Do I need infopass to schedule a fingerprint

Hi guys,

Just got a fingerprint notice from the Philadelphia office and it gives me a week period for the date of appointment at Pittsburgh ASC (Applicant Support Center). Do I need to use inforpass to schedule an appointment for a specific day, or can I go directly on any day (I prefer Saturday)? Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby

No updates to update

nemessis said:
That's excellent news ... I wonder if all the ppl in this forum are updating their info ... hmmm ... there are several cases in Oct-Nov that we don't know if they got invit letter or not

For me nothing is going on... No receipt notice, not to mention interview notice. Went in to the office once and was told they had the files, and it took 12-15 months to process... blah blah blah... things we all know. I have no idea how some people got interview letters so fast, and I am not sure in what order they process applications on file.