Philadelphia Transfer Cases

I received my Transfer Notices from VSC , today my Attorney sent to me.
They Sent 2 Transfer Notices( i.e one for myself another for my wife).
Actually VSC sent on Dec 2nd 2004.

My Case Transferred on 2nd Dec 2004
I-140 Approved on 11th june 2004
I-485 ND: 18 th Aug 2003
PD:Oct 2001

Today I went to Philly INS office , IIO told they received my case files to philly office on 10th Dec'04.

Did you asked you anything about your case when you will get the interview or their processing timings?
My case was transfered to philly office on dec 6th,yesterday i went to pittsburgh suboffice regarding my case ,IIO told philly office received my application but she is going to call philly office today or tomorrow to find out about my case staus,she is going to call me once she get the answer from philly office. let me see

Just now i got call from pittsburgh INS local office,she is getting my file from philli office(Bcz i am stying in pittsburgh),she told me you will get interview letter in couple of months, let see ,i think pittsburgh center processing time is better than philli office.

Thx

interview scheduled on Jan 20. need help.

hi guys.
here, i received letter from philadaphia on dec 19.2003.
please give me advice and forward me any link to the thread where i can get any iformation.
my case is eb3.
485 rd . sep 2002
1 fp oct 2002.
2 fp june 2004
rfe aug 2004
rfe rcvd sep 2004.
case trans oct 2004.

This is a record. really fast...
You can get everything you need in this thread, I believe...

BTW, did you get transfer notice from VSC and/or Philly Office before you got the interview letter?

ronee said:
hi guys.
here, i received letter from philadaphia on dec 19.2003.
please give me advice and forward me any link to the thread where i can get any iformation.
my case is eb3.
485 rd . sep 2002
1 fp oct 2002.
2 fp june 2004
rfe aug 2004
rfe rcvd sep 2004.
case trans oct 2004.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ronee,

In your Interview letter which documents they mentioned, Please let me know. What about your RFE.
My case also transferred to Philly on Dec 2 nd 2004 . I received transfer notice from Vermont on 10 th Dec 2004. Mine is EB3 case , I didn't received any RFE also from VSC. I went Philly office they told they received my file on 9th Dec2004 and 10th Dec 2004 they moved to I-485 section.
Thanks

interview

1.my rfe was about paystubs. and evl. and it is the same company which got approved I140 for me.
2. my case is 245 i. so it may be a reason, my case transferred.
3. the papers philly asking are the same, evl, paystubs. 2 yr w2 .

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE LIST OF DOCUMENTS , I SHOULD TAKE WITH ME.
THIS WILL BE A HELP FOR EVERYONE WHO MAY GET AN INTERVIEW.
OR LETS START MAKING A LIST RIGHT NOW.

PASSPORT.
WORK IDS.
S.S CARD
DRIVING LICENCE
EVL
PAYSTUBS
W2
BANK STATEMENT (VERIFICATION FOR ADDRESS)
BANK STATEMENT OF COMPANY
TAX PAPERS OF COMPANY
APPROVED I-140
I-485 FILED COPY

please add what ever you think or you have come to know Interview person may ask for.
best wishes.

Your Federal tax returns for the most recent 3 years.

BTW, after your case was transferred, did you do any in-person inquiry using info-pass at Philly Office?
And, did you apply for Advanced Parol? If you did, it is after transferring or before?

ronee said:
1.my rfe was about paystubs. and evl. and it is the same company which got approved I140 for me.
2. my case is 245 i. so it may be a reason, my case transferred.
3. the papers philly asking are the same, evl, paystubs. 2 yr w2 .

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE LIST OF DOCUMENTS , I SHOULD TAKE WITH ME.
THIS WILL BE A HELP FOR EVERYONE WHO MAY GET AN INTERVIEW.
OR LETS START MAKING A LIST RIGHT NOW.

PASSPORT.
WORK IDS.
S.S CARD
DRIVING LICENCE
EVL
PAYSTUBS
W2
BANK STATEMENT (VERIFICATION FOR ADDRESS)
BANK STATEMENT OF COMPANY
TAX PAPERS OF COMPANY
APPROVED I-140
I-485 FILED COPY

please add what ever you think or you have come to know Interview person may ask for.
best wishes.

no, actually, i didnt do any of the info pass or calling any one.
any way, thanks for your input in the list.

You are welcome - thanks for your info.

I just read your other posts: I am from DE just like you. And I filed 485 8/2002. ANd my fp1 and fp2 are almost the same as u. I don't know when i was transferred - probably early nov., 2004. Let's see how long does it take for me...

So, you didnot get any transfer notice from Philly, just interview letter, right?
Another person, jsmith, has very similar case details with us... Ldet's see how long it takes for him...

ronee said:
no, actually, i didnt do any of the info pass or calling any one.
any way, thanks for your input in the list.

I-485 ND Nov 2003 transfered to Philly local office

I received a email from USCIS indicate that my case has been transfered to
the philly local office for interview. The message is below:

Receipt Number: EAC040385****

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On January 6, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in PHILADELPHIA, PA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in PHILADELPHIA, PA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

But nothing happened to my spouse's case.

Is anyone has this kind of experience? Please tell me what's going on.
Adn also is this a good thing our bad for my case?

Thank you ahead!

I-140/I-485 (EB2) ND Nov 11/2003
I-140 AD 12/2004
FP for myself and Spouse: 11/2003
I-485: 01/07/2005 transfered to the local office

I-485 approved

After a long wait, I got my I-485 approved and passport stamped on the 11th. Th officer didn't ask much except for the standard questions and job letter and tax returns. However, my wife's file has been transferred to Washington, not sure what was the reason. He said he'll request the file and will look into her file once its here in Philly.

How long does it take for the plastic card to arrive?

RD : 09/01
EB2
AD:01/11/05

Plastic Card

Congratulations.

I interviewed in Philly last October. Plastics card arrived in 2 weeks.

ganap said:
After a long wait, I got my I-485 approved and passport stamped on the 11th. Th officer didn't ask much except for the standard questions and job letter and tax returns. However, my wife's file has been transferred to Washington, not sure what was the reason. He said he'll request the file and will look into her file once its here in Philly.

How long does it take for the plastic card to arrive?

RD : 09/01
EB2
AD:01/11/05

Now Philadelphia District office processing I-485 of 14th Nov 2003, it means its a transfer date or original receipt date issued by VSC. Please let me know.

gcwaiting2001 said:
Now Philadelphia District office processing I-485 of 14th Nov 2003, it means its a transfer date or original receipt date issued by VSC. Please let me know.

Transfer

pp stamped after inteview.

i was secudualed for interview yesterday and after 15 to 20 min of waiting, i was called in by a 40 to 45 yrs old white male officer, who guided me to a room . where after seeing my evl, he asked some questions about the job and the employer.
he stamped my pp and told me that my GC will be received within 3 to 6 months.
it was very easy interview. i went by myself,. and the officer was a nice man.
i wish all the people who are waiting, a speedy approval.
best wishes.

my case is eb3.
485 rd . sep 2002
1 fp oct 2002.
2 fp june 2004
rfe aug 2004
rfe rcvd sep 2004.
case trans oct 2004.

Nice! So the process was like just half an hour for you, hah? I am still wondering why you got interview so fast. Did you apply for EAD in Philly?

ronee said:
i was secudualed for interview yesterday and after 15 to 20 min of waiting, i was called in by a 40 to 45 yrs old white male officer, who guided me to a room . where after seeing my evl, he asked some questions about the job and the employer.
he stamped my pp and told me that my GC will be received within 3 to 6 months.
it was very easy interview. i went by myself,. and the officer was a nice man.
i wish all the people who are waiting, a speedy approval.
best wishes.

my case is eb3.
485 rd . sep 2002
1 fp oct 2002.
2 fp june 2004
rfe aug 2004
rfe rcvd sep 2004.
case trans oct 2004.

Transferred to local office, Philadelphia.....

My (I-485 ) case was transferred to local office, Philadelphia on October 26, 2004. My I-485 was originally filed in Vermont on Nov 22, 2002 (RD).

Anybody any idea please let me know, when can I expect the Interview and Is there any number where I can call for the status of the Case....... Not 1-800 number.

Thank you for your help.

Transferred to local office, Philadelphia

My (I-485 ) case was transferred to local office, Philadelphia on October 26, 2004. My I-485 was originally filed in Vermont on Nov 22, 2002 (RD).

Anybody any idea please let me know, when can I expect the Interview and Is there any number where I can call for the status of the Case....... Not 1-800 number.

Thank you for your help.