Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Hi Monkey2003

What I mean did you wait for long time in the lobby of Philly office before your interview even though you have appointment letter. Last time when I visited Philly for I-765, I waited for three hours and a half!

Thanks.

The officer called my name 5 or 10 minutes after the appointment time.

Last time when I went there for EAD interview, the appointment time is 11:00 a.m. We asked the lady at 3rd floor whether we can have interview at earlier time. The lady took the interview letter and the officer called us around 9:00 a.m.

lowell said:
What I mean did you wait for long time in the lobby of Philly office before your interview even though you have appointment letter. Last time when I visited Philly for I-765, I waited for three hours and a half!

Thanks.

monkey2003 said:
9. Evidence of Bona Fides of Marital Union
a. Join Banking Account
b. Mortgage Statement
c. Insurance Policy
d. Photographs
e. Baby Birth Certificate and SSN

Monkey,

Can you tell me what is the 'Insurance policy'? Medical insurance or other?

My interview is scheduled in Nov. One of the documents they required is:
Evidence that they live in our jurisdiction; such as mortgage and rental agreements, medical and government records, and school and civic organization records.

Anybody can tell me what is 'medical records' or 'government records'? What is 'civic organization records'?

Thanks

For insurance policy, we just brought joint car insurance and medical insurance.

I don't know what is government records, school and civic organization records. You might want to ask you attorney.

My attorney just asked me to bring the stuff I listed in my previous e-mail.

yellowcard said:
Monkey,

Can you tell me what is the 'Insurance policy'? Medical insurance or other?

My interview is scheduled in Nov. One of the documents they required is:
Evidence that they live in our jurisdiction; such as mortgage and rental agreements, medical and government records, and school and civic organization records.

Anybody can tell me what is 'medical records' or 'government records'? What is 'civic organization records'?

Thanks

My case was transferred to Philly. on 10-18-04. How long it will take to get interview chance? My case is NIW and will move from PA to KY at the beginning of next year. Although won’t change research field, still be worry……..

Most people received interview notice 10-12 months after the transfer. Philly USCIS normally tells people the processing time is about 15 months.

Owen2003 said:
My case was transferred to Philly. on 10-18-04. How long it will take to get interview chance? My case is NIW and will move from PA to KY at the beginning of next year. Although won’t change research field, still be worry……..

Thanks, monkey2003. I will move to KY next year so I do know where I should have interview. Do I need to send a letter to PA center and ask them to transfer my case to KY or I can wait at PA center. My wife and kid won't go with me and they are going to stay at PA.

monkey2003 said:
Most people received interview notice 10-12 months after the transfer. Philly USCIS normally tells people the processing time is about 15 months.

You can set up an appointment by Infopass at USCIS website and talk to the officer at Philly USCIS directly.

Owen2003 said:
Thanks, monkey2003. I will move to KY next year so I do know where I should have interview. Do I need to send a letter to PA center and ask them to transfer my case to KY or I can wait at PA center. My wife and kid won't go with me and they are going to stay at PA.

Thanks, monkey2003. How long it will take to set a appointment? I am moving on December, do I need to make appointment now?

monkey2003 said:
You can set up an appointment by Infopass at USCIS website and talk to the officer at Philly USCIS directly.

You can go online to set up an appointment at anytime. There are a lot of open spot there.

Owen2003 said:
Thanks, monkey2003. How long it will take to set a appointment? I am moving on December, do I need to make appointment now?

Lost files

I got an interview notice next month. But I just found that my OPT card (EAD) was lost. But I do have the copy...What should I do now? It was not specified in the list , but maybe they 'll look at it.

Anybody, when you went to the interview, did the officer check your OPT card or not?

Thank you!

Separate inteview for husband and wife

I will be interviewed next month... my husband was scheduled 30 mins before me. It that a usual thing? If my husband 's case can't be approved , there is no need for me to continue.

By the way, are they asking for dependent's OPT card while in the process of interviewing? I have effective H1 visa now, but there is time gap between my graduation and H1.

transferred case: appvd

I never posted on this forum but use to follow it closely, it has been of great help.
Hope my details help others:
transfer date: march 2003
interview date: sept 2004

Details:
Me and my wife's intv was on the same day , 30 min appart but the officer took us together, took the oath and gave the FPs.
The officer asked for the foll docs:
- employment letter
- paystubs
- tax returns for last 3 years.
- lease agrreements.
- bank letter.
- life insurance forms.
- photos
- education credentials.
- marraige certificate.

He took the orig ead cards from us and and we got 1
year stamps (I-551) on our passports. The officer told us that the actual cards would arrive in 5-7 months.
How long does it actually take to get the physical cards?

This forum has been of great help to me, thanks everyone.

rso321/Monkey

Our interview is scheduled in Nov. Do we need to make an appoint in Infopass? The interview letter is enough?

Thanks

Interview letter is your appointment letter. It is enough.

yellowcard said:
rso321/Monkey

Our interview is scheduled in Nov. Do we need to make an appoint in Infopass? The interview letter is enough?

Thanks

Not yet. Don't quite understand what you mean? Do you mean people do not need to do passport stamp any more after the approval?

yellowcard said:
Monkey,

Have you stamped your passport? It was said that passport stamp could be phased out 10/26

rso321 said:
I never posted on this forum but use to follow it closely, it has been of great help.
Hope my details help others:
transfer date: march 2003
interview date: sept 2004

Details:
Me and my wife's intv was on the same day , 30 min appart but the officer took us together, took the oath and gave the FPs.
The officer asked for the foll docs:
- employment letter
- paystubs
- tax returns for last 3 years.
- lease agrreements.
- bank letter.
- life insurance forms.
- photos
- education credentials.
- marraige certificate.

He took the orig ead cards from us and and we got 1
year stamps (I-551) on our passports. The officer told us that the actual cards would arrive in 5-7 months.
How long does it actually take to get the physical cards?

This forum has been of great help to me, thanks everyone.

RSO1, congrats. Did they ask you for original birth certificate? would they verify agains the old one?
why need life insurance? it's not mentioned on my checklist from USCIS?

Any questions they asked you?

I was not asked for birth certificates.
The life insurance form was a proof that my spouse is a benificiary and that we have been staying together.
Some questions about the job, education etc but they were all straight fwd.
It seems like if you have the updated employment letter, paystubbs and tax returns then things are quite smoother.