Philadelphia Transfer Cases

I think it depends on which officer does the interview. Some asks for more, some asks for less. It is always good to bring as complete document as possible.

rso321 said:
I was not asked for birth certificates.
The life insurance form was a proof that my spouse is a benificiary and that we have been staying together.
Some questions about the job, education etc but they were all straight fwd.
It seems like if you have the updated employment letter, paystubbs and tax returns then things are quite smoother.

Bank Letter

Hi RSO321:
What is bank letter? Is it a monthly statement, or a letter from the bank stating your joint account? My statement of this month was screwed up, maybe I can go directly to the bank and have a signed letter. Will that be any help?

Thanks!

nabuco said:
Hi RSO321:
What is bank letter? Is it a monthly statement, or a letter from the bank stating your joint account? My statement of this month was screwed up, maybe I can go directly to the bank and have a signed letter. Will that be any help?

Thanks!

I got a seperate letter from my bank that states the the names on the acount, balance and the account open date.

Philadelphia Transfer Date

How is the transfer date identified. Is it the date when USCIS Vermont mentioned in the Case updates that the case has been trensferred to the local office or is another date which is sent by the Philadelphia Office notifying the receipt of the Case.

Will the Local Office send us any kind of letter stating that they have received the case from USCIS Vermont???

Thanks,

The Approval Letter Finally Came today

The approval letter finally came today. It said the Green Card will arrive in 3 weeks.

philadelphia transfer case approved after interview

Hi All,

My case was approved after the interview l. My passport as well as my wife's passport was stamped.

This site was really helpfull. I am personally gratefull to everyone who answered to my queries,and gave their feedback personally thank Tufan,Monkey 2003, Ginnu ,raman reddy and others for all their help.

I was called yesterday at 10 Am, then the officer asked us to give the fingerprint of our index finger. Then he took us inside , and introduced himself. Ask us to take the oath.

Then he asked us very few questions like:

How long have you been at current address?
When did you arrive first in USA?
Have you been ever arrested in any place all over the world
Do you always stay in the US with status?
Home Phone number
Have you used any frauglent means to get immigration?
Employer name
Where is the office located?
Asked my Employment letter (I was asked to bring in the interview letter)?
My recent Pay stubs?
Later asked our personal questions. Like when we were married? Do we have children? Is it our first marriage?
He repeated the same personal questions to my wife too...
The officer took the I-94 card while he was asking the questions

Then he took our passports and stamped it. Then said your Card will take couple of months. Then he congratulated us. Now you are permanent resident of US.

Now the waiting for The card. Only strange thing i am worried is that he did not ask about any phoyographs, nor took any pictures.

I wish good luck to tufan for his tomorrow's interview. You will also get your GC. You are our inspiration . So don't worry everything will be fine. All our prayers will work for you.

Thanks
Tunu

Hi Monkey 2003,

congratulations

Thanks for all your help

tunu

Tunu said:
Hi Monkey 2003,

congratulations

Thanks for all your help

tunu

Tunu, thanks for detailed response. Glad that things worked out for you. Thanks for all the kind words.

Did the officer ask you for Birth Certificates? I cannot find my original that was submitted? can i submit the affidavits instead?

don't worry about EAD cards or AP's. SOme officers take them some don't. YOu did your portion of the work, don't try to micro manage or else you'll end up in trouble like me ..!!!! ha. ha.h ah.

Enjoy the fruits you have been deprived off!

Hi Tufan,

Thanks. The officer did not ask for Birth certificate.

He just asked Employment letter and Pay stuff. Nothing else. I also did not have birth certificate. I had the affidavit and Non availability certificate.

Even he ask just show him whatever you have. Just reply him to the point. No need of any clarifications,as he won't have enough time to verify what you submitted at the time of Filling.

Good luck on your interview. Please post after the result.

Tunu

Green Card Received

Two and half weeks after the interview, 2 days after receiving the Welcom Letter, Green card arrived today.

Do We need a lawyer to accompany us with the Interview

Guys

We just got the interview notice from Philadelphia office that will take place late 11/04. Our I-485 lawyer lives in WA. Do we need to hire a local lawyer to accompany us with the Interview? Thanks in advance!!
Our case details
RD(NSC) 08/01
TD 08/04

monkey2003 said:
Two and half weeks after the interview, 2 days after receiving the Welcom Letter, Green card arrived today.
Congrats man, one question, Did u get a I-551 temp stamp on ur passport after your interview or did you get the card directly?

As I said before, the officer did not stamp my passport on the day of interview since he did not have visa number then.

I scheduled an appointment to stamp my passport next week. Surprisingly the card arrived before I stamp the passport.

rso321 said:
Congrats man, one question, Did u get a I-551 temp stamp on ur passport after your interview or did you get the card directly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do We need a lawyer to accompany us with the Interview?

monkey2003 said:
As I said before, the officer did not stamp my passport on the day of interview since he did not have visa number then.

I scheduled an appointment to stamp my passport next week. Surprisingly the card arrived before I stamp the passport.

Do We need a lawyer to accompany us with the Interview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monster
We just got the interview notice from Philadelphia office that will take place late 11/04. Our I-485 lawyer is working in WA. Do we need to hire a local lawyer to accompany us with the Interview? Thanks in advance!!

tiger1234 said:
Guys

We just got the interview notice from Philadelphia office that will take place late 11/04. Our I-485 lawyer lives in WA. Do we need to hire a local lawyer to accompany us with the Interview? Thanks in advance!!
Our case details
RD(NSC) 08/01
TD 08/04

It depends. My lawyer told me that my case is straghtforward, don't need a lawyer for the interview.

tiger1234,

Good Luck on your interview today. Do post your experience here for others to benefit.

Also, was you case transferred Aug 2004 or is that a typo in your post?

interview experience

Dear all,
I have been a silent observer of this forum and benefited from it tremendously. It is my turn to give back.
A history of my case:
I-140 filed in April 2002
I-485 filed in October 2002 both at Vermont center.
There are done by myself and it is a NIW case (I was still a Ph.D candidate at that time).
I-140 approved Oct 2003. Then I moved to Philly and case was transferred to Philly local in June 2004.
Received transfer notice in June from Vermont and July from local.
Received interview notice in October and interviewed on Nov 2nd.
There is something I’d like to mention before I go into the details of my interview.
My wife received her approval notice for her EAD on June 8th 2004 and our I-485 was transferred to local on the same date. So we figure this had something to do with this. So I waited a little bit and applied for EAD(even though I didn’t need it) by myself in July. I received notice but did not schedule for EAD interview until the end of September. I scheduled on Oct 14. then one week later I received interview notice for I-485.
About my interview. My case is a straight forward case. Mine is NIW with advanced degree as individual and my wife is marriage based.
I was a little worried first because I lost some of my files (including my birth certificate, certified translation of my marriage certificate and master diploma). Pretty bad. So I did talk to a lawyer. But I think they are useless. All they tell you is that you should have every damn things (if I did then I wouldn’t have need him). But later I realize that the local office should have all the original documents (I have two copies of the translated originals from my country).
So I went. We were scheduled for 1:30 but they took us in at 1:15. It looked like that the person we got was an inexperienced one. He asked for my driver license then job letter then he kept going back to the file he had on me. Then he asked for passport, old EAD card. My Ph.D diploma. Then that is it. Didn’t ask for birth certificate, not even tax return or pay stubs. I ended up giving these to him by myself (I made copy of everything, so he just stuck them into my file). He did asked what kind of research I am doing and the usual question you heard over and over again on this forum (crime, how many kid, are you a member of communist party…..) Just say no to these.
Then we moved on to my wife’s case. He asked for my original marriage certificate. When I showed him mine (which is in Chinese), he was a little bit surprised but I have a certified translation also. Then he checked her file to see whether there is anything missing. I guess we had everything in there so he didn’t ask for anything more except repeated the same routine question to her.
I hope this will benefit some people and don’t loss hope.
I will be happy to answer some questions.
Charlie

Congratulations!

Seems EAD application may stimulate I-485 interview. I am going to apply EAD to see what will happen (even though I didn’t need it too).
So you mean EAD also needs an interview too? Thanks

r4a2002 said:
Dear all,
I have been a silent observer of this forum and benefited from it tremendously. It is my turn to give back.
A history of my case:
I-140 filed in April 2002
I-485 filed in October 2002 both at Vermont center.
There are done by myself and it is a NIW case (I was still a Ph.D candidate at that time).
I-140 approved Oct 2003. Then I moved to Philly and case was transferred to Philly local in June 2004.
Received transfer notice in June from Vermont and July from local.
Received interview notice in October and interviewed on Nov 2nd.
There is something I’d like to mention before I go into the details of my interview.
My wife received her approval notice for her EAD on June 8th 2004 and our I-485 was transferred to local on the same date. So we figure this had something to do with this. So I waited a little bit and applied for EAD(even though I didn’t need it) by myself in July. I received notice but did not schedule for EAD interview until the end of September. I scheduled on Oct 14. then one week later I received interview notice for I-485.
About my interview. My case is a straight forward case. Mine is NIW with advanced degree as individual and my wife is marriage based.
I was a little worried first because I lost some of my files (including my birth certificate, certified translation of my marriage certificate and master diploma). Pretty bad. So I did talk to a lawyer. But I think they are useless. All they tell you is that you should have every damn things (if I did then I wouldn’t have need him). But later I realize that the local office should have all the original documents (I have two copies of the translated originals from my country).
So I went. We were scheduled for 1:30 but they took us in at 1:15. It looked like that the person we got was an inexperienced one. He asked for my driver license then job letter then he kept going back to the file he had on me. Then he asked for passport, old EAD card. My Ph.D diploma. Then that is it. Didn’t ask for birth certificate, not even tax return or pay stubs. I ended up giving these to him by myself (I made copy of everything, so he just stuck them into my file). He did asked what kind of research I am doing and the usual question you heard over and over again on this forum (crime, how many kid, are you a member of communist party…..) Just say no to these.
Then we moved on to my wife’s case. He asked for my original marriage certificate. When I showed him mine (which is in Chinese), he was a little bit surprised but I have a certified translation also. Then he checked her file to see whether there is anything missing. I guess we had everything in there so he didn’t ask for anything more except repeated the same routine question to her.
I hope this will benefit some people and don’t loss hope.
I will be happy to answer some questions.
Charlie

sgi said:
tiger1234,

Good Luck on your interview today. Do post your experience here for others to benefit.

Also, was you case transferred Aug 2004 or is that a typo in your post?

After the interview, I will post my experience. Our case was transfered to Philly in 08/04. But my RD is 08/01.

Tiger1234

based on asylum transferd to philly

guys my case has been transfered from NSC to philadelphia after waiting 5 years ,my case is based on asylum
daes any budy knows if i will be subject to the 15monthes waiting time in philadelphia or i will have different treatment?
please if any body based on asylum and has expirienced this issue pls helpppppppp
thanx.