Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Will have the interview next week

I will have my interview next week. I will let you know the details after the interview.

Tunu said:
Hi SGW, MOnkey 2003,and others,

Can you please let me know lists of documents we have to prepare before the interview. Do we have to redo our medicals again.

SGW as you have already appeared for the interview can you please let me know what questions you were asked. Monkey 20003 have you finished your interview. Please post your experience if you have finished.

I greatly appreciate all your help.

thanks,
TUNU

Hi monkey 2003,

Good luck on your interview. All our best wishes are with you.

Please posts after the interview.

thanks
tunu

Hi All,

Can you please let me know the employment letter format for the interview.

can you also let me know the format of employment history.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tunu

Employment Letter Format

I have never changed employer so my employer letter did not state any employment history.

In the employment letter it is stated that

1. My employer currently and intend to continue to employ me
2. Job Title
3. Job Duty, which should match the Labor Certification job duty

Tunu said:
Hi All,

Can you please let me know the employment letter format for the interview.

can you also let me know the format of employment history.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tunu

Hi Monkey 2003,

Did you redo your medicals again. what documents are you preparing?

good luck on your interview.

thanks
tunu

Hi, there,

I did not redo my medicals. I prepared a long list of document. I will post all the details next week.

Thanks,

Tunu said:
Hi Monkey 2003,

Did you redo your medicals again. what documents are you preparing?

good luck on your interview.

thanks
tunu

Hi Monkey 2003,

Is your interview over. Please post the details. we are anxiously waiting for your news.

Please also post the documents you prepared for the interview.

Thanks
Tunu

Philly Interview

Hi, there,

I went to Philly yesterday for Green Card interview. The officer said he is going to approve the case. However he needs to get a visa number. So he is going to mail us a letter in about a week and send the card within a month.

Here is a list of document prepared.

1. Interview Notice
2. Drivers Licenses and Passport and I-94
3. All Receipt Notice and Approval Notice from INS
a. RIR Approval Notice
b. I-140 Approval Notice - Original Copy
c. I-485 Receipt Notice - Original Copy
d. I-485 Transfer Notice
4. Employment Letter for Primary applicant
5. Pay Stubs for Primary applicant for the Past 6 Months
6. Marriage Certificate
7. Birth Certificate
8. Federal Income Tax for Year 2001, 2002 and 2003 and W-2s
9. Evidence of Bona Fides of Marital Union
a. Join Banking Account
b. Mortgage Statement
c. Insurance Policy
d. Photographs
e. Baby Birth Certificate and SSN
10. Copies of All Foreign Travel Documents
a. EAD
b. AP
11. Spouse’s Employment Evidence or Other Document to Prove Currently in Status
a. Employment Letter
b. Pay Stubs
c. H1-B Copy
12. SSN Card
13. All University Diploma
14. All I-485 Filing Document
15. All Bills to prove current address
16. All I-20s

The officer asked for all document from No.1 to No.12. One tip. Make copies of the document for the officers.

Here is a quick interview overview.
1. Took index finger print and signiture
2. Got into office and took the oath to tell the truth
3. Presented all the document the officer asked for
4. While presented the document, the officers asked a series of random questions
a. Have you been ever arrested in any place all over the world
b. Do you always stay in the US with status? Show me the proof
c. Birthday
d. Home Phone number
e. Employer name
f. How many hours do you work each week
g. When do you start your work each day
h. What is your job title
i. What is your salary
j. When do you got married
k. Is this your first marriage
l. Do you have kid
m. Do you have kid's birth certificate
n. When do you guys meet?
o. Where do you go to school
p. When is the last time you entered the United States
5. The officer took the I-94 card while he was asking the questions
6. The officer made photo copies of all the document.

Then the interview finished. The officer said he needs visa number and will send the letter in a week and the card will come within a month.

Any more questions, please let me know.

Tunu said:
Hi Monkey 2003,

Is your interview over. Please post the details. we are anxiously waiting for your news.

Please also post the documents you prepared for the interview.

Thanks
Tunu

Last edited by a moderator:
Philly Interview - Continued

I forgor one other questions he asked.

He asked "do you want the green card?" before he finished the interview. :confused:

congratulations monkey 2003. Good so you are permanent resident of United states of America.

Please can you explain what letter he is going to mail You. Didn't you get your passport stamped.

Thanks
Tunu

It appears that the officer did not have visa number on that moment. He is going to send a decision letter in a week once he get the visa number. He did not stamp the passport since there is no visa number. :rolleyes:

Normally the visa number is available and the officer will stamp the passport once the interview finishes.

Tunu said:
congratulations monkey 2003. Good so you are permanent resident of United states of America.

Please can you explain what letter he is going to mail You. Didn't you get your passport stamped.

Thanks
Tunu

monkey2003 said:
I forgor one other questions he asked.

He asked "do you want the green card?" before he finished the interview. :confused:

Monkey, Congratulations!
I guess you are not monkey anymore! :)

Just curious that if the officer verified your original documents(ex birth certificate) against the copies that were sumbitted while filing I-485?

Secondly, what is the availablity of visa number? i thought they approve the application in the standard why how normally applications would get approved from Vermont and other service centers? Visa number is for family based and other catagories where the number has to be avilable and the date has to be current.

Strange, i have never read this? What did your lawyer say?

I don't think the officer vertify any document during the interview. He just collected the document and looked at it very quickly.

I believe every green card case will be assigned a visa number. I browsed USCIS website and got some additional details there.

If you looked at the early message from Philly transfer series, a couple of people encountered the same issues as well. They received the decision letter later when the officer got the visa number.

tufan said:
Monkey, Congratulations!
I guess you are not monkey anymore! :)

Just curious that if the officer verified your original documents(ex birth certificate) against the copies that were sumbitted while filing I-485?

Secondly, what is the availablity of visa number? i thought they approve the application in the standard why how normally applications would get approved from Vermont and other service centers? Visa number is for family based and other catagories where the number has to be avilable and the date has to be current.

Strange, i have never read this? What did your lawyer say?

Congratulations to Monkey2003!

Thanks for the detailed document list!

How long you waited between your interview time and appointment time?

Not quite sure I understand your questions.

Do you mean how long I waited between my transfer date and interview date?

My case transferred to Philly on Nov-03. I got interview notice on Sep-04. The interview occurred on Oct-04.

lowell said:
Thanks for the detailed document list!

How long you waited between your interview time and appointment time?

3 questions for Monkey2003

1) Were you specifically asked for photos during the interview?
2) And did you have to make the photos looking straight or to the side (which was the case when we first submitted our photos in the beginning of the Adjustment of Status)
3) How long did the interview last?

Thanks.

I only brought some family photoes. The officer did not asked for any photoes at all.

The interview lasted for 30 minutes.

Turkish Engineer said:
1) Were you specifically asked for photos during the interview?
2) And did you have to make the photos looking straight or to the side (which was the case when we first submitted our photos in the beginning of the Adjustment of Status)
3) How long did the interview last?

Thanks.

monkey2003 said:
I only brought some family photoes. The officer did not asked for any photoes at all.

The interview lasted for 30 minutes.

Dear Monkey,

does that mean we dont' have to take the new photos? as my interview letter does not ask for new photos!.

In the interview letter, there are a lot of check box for different document. The required document is case by case. The only required document for me is employment letter plus other standard document.

My attorney asked me to bring a bunch of other stuff, which turned out to be very helpful.

Neither the interview letter nor the attorney asked me to take photoes.

tufan said:
Dear Monkey,

does that mean we dont' have to take the new photos? as my interview letter does not ask for new photos!.