Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Turkish Engineer: have you ever personally talked to the local officer what's going on with your case? the processing date for Phily posted on April 15 is Feb. 20, 2003. Your case is far behind that date.

Turkish Engineer:

Dont give up. Try to go to phili couple of times. Wish you all success. I know how hard it is.

OK... After getting transferred to PHL last month, my AP got approved yesterday from Philadelphia after 6 mos. of wait.
Also, received Fingerprinting notice for this month end.

dos philly process their 485

Do you know if people who got transferred to philly were sent to MSC.
Could you give me an idea...Lowell, turbo8, anyone.i read that philly after feb 2004 does not process 130/485.
does this mean 130 filed in conjunction with 485 or even if the 485 is transferred from vermont.
I need to get an idea about my transferred case.
Thank you for your time.

Hi guys

I had an green card interview today, and it was a breeze.
Interview was scheduled at 8:30 am We reached at 8:00 am. Handed over the appointment letter. Our name was called around 8:40 am
Total interview lasted only 5 minutes. Officer was very nice and polite. He took index finger print for me and my wife. Then asked few basic questions how many kids i have, who is my employer, what is my job title. He just took my employment letter and I-94s and then stamped our passports. Thats it.
He said that I will receive cards in mail

My green card journey was very rough and very long, and it was very frustrating at many times. But thank god, at last it is over.

I wish all of you best of luck.
My info: PD: Oct99, RD: Nov2001, ND: Dec2001, TD: Jun2003

My friend's case was also transferred to Philly in Jul2003, they also had an interview on 3rd May 2004. They had no problem in the interview, but they didnt get stamp on their passport. The officer said that they cannot locate their visa number, and so they will send the approval in mail. Neither me nor my friend know what is visa number, and why they have to wait more for none of their fault. They have still not received anything in mail. Does anybody on this forum know what is visa number. I told my friend to personally visit the Philly office again, and inquire, if he doesnt receive anything within one week.

Congratulations to gcnotworth!

Congratulations for your interview!

Enjoy your freedom!

It seems July 2003 case have been interviewed. That sounds promising.

As far as I know, there is an annual numerical limit for employment-based preference immigrants. The worldwide level should be at least 140,000. I guess each Service Center and local office may have some kind of quota to allocate these visa numbers to make sure the total visa numbers won' be oversubscribed. As long as your friend's priority date for visa numbers are current, theoretically there won't be a problem to eventually get visa number.

To ag28: I am not quite sure about transfering to MSC

It seems to me the transferring I-130/I-485 from Philly to NBC only refers to new cases filed after Feb. 17, 2004 (includes related I-765 and I-131). If your cases were filed before that, it may still be processed in Philly. I guess most likely the Vermont transferred cases will still be processed at Philly instead of NBC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congats!!!

Ask your friend not to worry too much. That's what happened in my case too. I got the GC without the stamping
3 weeks after interview. I think they need to get the visa no. from dos site That's the info my atty gave.

gcnotworth said:
I had an green card interview today, and it was a breeze.
Interview was scheduled at 8:30 am We reached at 8:00 am. Handed over the appointment letter. Our name was called around 8:40 am
Total interview lasted only 5 minutes. Officer was very nice and polite. He took index finger print for me and my wife. Then asked few basic questions how many kids i have, who is my employer, what is my job title. He just took my employment letter and I-94s and then stamped our passports. Thats it.
He said that I will receive cards in mail

My green card journey was very rough and very long, and it was very frustrating at many times. But thank god, at last it is over.

I wish all of you best of luck.
My info: PD: Oct99, RD: Nov2001, ND: Dec2001, TD: Jun2003

My friend's case was also transferred to Philly in Jul2003, they also had an interview on 3rd May 2004. They had no problem in the interview, but they didnt get stamp on their passport. The officer said that they cannot locate their visa number, and so they will send the approval in mail. Neither me nor my friend know what is visa number, and why they have to wait more for none of their fault. They have still not received anything in mail. Does anybody on this forum know what is visa number. I told my friend to personally visit the Philly office again, and inquire, if he doesnt receive anything within one week.

congrats gcnotworth

good to know ur interview was a breeze. :) Good luck with life now. Just a request .. is there any particular employment letter format u used.. and if u could please post it. thanks and congrats again.

i am worrying about my case

My case was transferred to Philly June, 2003. I still have not received a single word from them. I learnt that some of cases with TD later than mine
have been proceeded. I am worrying about my case. Is there any one else being in the same boat with me?

I received the finger print notice in this January. After that, no any news.
My husband has not received anything since transfer. I am the primary applicant. Our cases were transferred at same time, but my husband did not receive the finger print notice. It is very weird. We went to the local office. The officer said it is an individual issue, not a family issue. I received the finger print notice does not necessarily mean that my husband would receive one at the same time. What we need to do is just wait.

Any idea which date the regional office calculates as a Receipt/Notice date for 485 application?
The date of Transfer from VSC to PHL or the date when we receive the receipt/notice from VSC(after submitting the application).

Why not ask them directly?

It is too bad that someone had to wait 1 year to get an interview. Instead of endless waiting, Can I just ask them face to face about my case. Since I happened to work in a building nearby the office. I plan to visit them everyday...will that be any help?
:eek:

Hi all Philly transfers,

Can anybody update a roughly average processing time for Philly local office?
Thanks!

RD 05/02
TD 06/04

Philly office

I was in Philly office yesterday. The officer ensured me that they have got my file from VSC. But he was unwilling to tell me when I would get an interview notice, just said when they were ready... Also, he said they would arrange interview not based on my RD, but based on the time that I was transferred to local office.

So keep waiting, folks

Hi, bluesong,

The official time frame is ~ 15 months. However, I know on this website somebody in Philly got interviews in 10 months.