Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Originally posted by yellowcard

Can you guys also write to your congressmen/senators to show them the unfairness towards the transferred cases?

I'll certainly do so.. Needless to say, my recent trip to Callowhill St. gave me even more inspiration for creative CIS-trashing writing.

The good news is: if one needs an AP, it can be issued within two days.

The ugly truth is: "We've been getting lots of tranfsers from Vermont.. We don't know when interviews for those will be scheduled" (quoting an otherwise friendly immigration official). But everyone know this already...

Hey stripped,

Did you have a chance to talk to an IIO in detail?

any news?

did they give any info of the interview possibilities?

sorry to put so many questions but they are more out of curiosity of seeing a friend having visited the "shrine' at Callowhill street

ciao
gcsep10

gcsep10,

well.. My main reason for the voyage was to apply for a second AP. Obviously, I couldn't miss the opportunity to inquire about the status of the case, but the only certain answer that I got from the information office was that there was no certainty as to when the interview might occur.. ;) This is it -- no more, no less..

finger print notice from philadelphia local office

Our cases were transfered to Phily local office in June, 2003 and i received the finger print notice from local office a couple days ago. However, my husband did not receive anything. Our cases were thansfered togehter, why they did not send him the finger print notice? How long does it take to schedule an interview since the finger print notice? Thanks for your response.

I'm still hanging in here buddy

Hi Turkey, gcsep & other folks in phili USCIS,

I had been to callohill last week to renew my 3rd EAD. I asked abt when I can expect my interview & the officer said that I have to wait for few more months as there is some delay due to homeland security. I said i've been waiting for nearly 11 months since the transfered date & then she said I hope u shd get some reply in next 3-4 months.

As u guys know my RD is 10/01 & TD is 01/03

Turkey,
I guess u shd get some response by next month as ur TD is 11/02.

Lets hope for the best guys.

Thanks,
Philapa.

Got interview notice from Philly INS

finally got interview notice from Philly INS.
my and my wife's cases were transfered from Vermon to Baltimore by mistake in August 2002. Then the cased got transfered from Baltimore to Philly in September 2002, but I didn't received Receipt Notice from Philly INS until Feb 2003. My wife never received a Receipt Notice from Philly. I am the main applicant. We had our lawyer checked and confirmed her case is together with mine in Philly. We were told it would take between 12-15 months from the Philly Receipt Notice date to schedule an interview. But unexpectedly, I got the interview notice yesterday (about 10 months after the RD date). the interview is scheduled in mid Jan. but my wife didn't receive hers. it's weird. haven't been able to contact our lawyer yet.

hope above information is helpful to you guys.

i have some question for you folks:

1. is it usual that husband and wife don't get interview notice at the same time?
2. is it usual that husband and wife don't get interviewed at the same time?
3. where can i find a complete list of what i need to bring to interview? since the interview letter only ask for ID, a letter from employee confirming salary, starting date and position held. but i've seen some people said they were questioned about their marriage, tax return, travel document and else. i'm sure our lawyer will give me a list. but apparently he's off for holidays. i don't want to waste time.

Great news Libai..

Usually the interview will be for both Husband and the Wife if the primary is the Husband..

In philly USCIS there are lot of wierd things being followed...

Don;t worry u'll be fine for the interview..

From the various postings of interviews on this board it is better to carry all the case proceedings right from I-140 approvals to Affidavit of Support for wife and children..

U never know what they will ask..

Hope 2004 will be good for us all..

cheers
gcsep10

[" ON DECEMBER 20, 2003 , WE TRANSFERED YOUR I 485 application to Register Permanent Residence or to adjust status to an office in Lincoln, Nebraska for processing. That office will notify you when theu take action on your case. You should recieve a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office."

I live in the detroit area and my company is in the NJ area. Can some one please help me to understand :

1. What the word local office mean ?
2. Does it by any chance means the local office detroit?
3. Does this mean that Nebraska will send the application to detroit?
4. Does this mean that the processing will be done by Nebraska as a fresh case from now as I have already been in vermont for one and half years.
5. Does the word local office mean Nebraska and it has nothing to do with detroit.

Has any one gone thru similar kind of situation. Has any one heard of such transfer of cases from one service center to another and any reason known for doing such transfers.

Suresh

this is weird. our cases were mistakenly transfered to Baltimore, which means they make mistakes. but i'm not sure if your case is a mistake or not. better call the national 800 number.

Although my wife didn't get interview notice, my lawyer asked both of us to go with him. he said it's possible to persuade the interviewer officer to pull out my wife's case and interview us together. my bigger problem is the salary. my current salary is lower than the one on LCA. although my employer has agreed to comfirm in their letter that they would pay me that much salary upon approval of greencard, i'm still worried the officer will question about it when s/he sees my pay stub and tax return. can't find any other posts by other people with similar situlation. all i can do now is to cross finger.

Originally posted by libai
i'm still worried the officer will question about it when s/he sees my pay stub and tax return. can't find any other posts by other people with similar situlation. all i can do now is to cross finger.

I wouldn't worry too much about this.. In all likelihood, no one will even ask you for those things -- most interviews are nothing but a formality. Good luck and tell 'em the officers to start working on the files ;)

hey libai,

don't worry too much about the salary details..everything will work out..
there are so many cases with interviews where people has differences of salaries and they got approved..

good luck..and please post your interview experience..

ciao
gcsep10

Thanks a lot guys. I know it may not be a big deal. but you know, after these years long waiting, i really don't want anything goes wrong. we'll see. i'll post the interview experience when it's over.

Got Stamp!

hi, all. We finally got passports stamped. the interview went a lot easier than we had thought.

my interview notice only asked for ID and employment letter. my wife never got interview notice, but our lawyer managed to have both of us interviewed together. the interview officer asked us to do the following things:

1. take fingerprint.
2. make an oath that we will only speak of truth.
3. ask us to present our passports, birth certificates, marriage license, my employment letter and official approval notice for my second H1 and I140.
4. ask me about my job duty and how long i've been working there.
5. ask my wife about her I20. it turned out the officer got his first degree from the same school.
6. he asked IF we brought any tax return, which i think even if we didn't bring any, it would be OK. he didn't say how many years back he wanted. we gave him the two years we brought.
7. he asked both of us if we've been married before.
8. all of our AP. (neither of us has EAD.)
9. questions about our birthday, place of birth, parents' names.
10. questions about whether we've been arrested, terrorist...etc.

that was it. only lasted about 20 minutes. we brought as many documents as we could think of. he only asked for ones list above. and i don't think he even read those in detail. he just very quickly looked through it, made sure it was what he wanted. it seemed that he didn't care about the content at all. it took him longer time to put everything into his file than ask us questions. in the end, i didn't even know why we had to go to this interview, if only those basic questions were asked.

I'd been concerning about my salary. my employer stated in the letter that they would pay me that salary upon approval of green card, and provided office tax return and financial statement showing the office has the ability to pay me that salary. but he didn't even mention anything about the salary, and he didn't ask for the office tax return or financial statement, which were mentioned in the employment letter. so i don't thing he read everything in the letter.

during the interview, he said a few time, "i just want to get you guys out of here." he also said, " i just want to make sure you are still on the same job position." seemed like he wanted the interview to be as short as possible.

we were so relieved after the interview. anyway, this website has been very informative and helpful. thanks for everyone's information. and good luck to you all!!!

FYI, our case were transfer to Philadelphia in September 2002, but i didn't got receipt notice from Philadelphia until February 2003, which is the date they use as priority date to schedule interview.

Congratulations..

Congratulations Libai..

And thanks for posting your interview experience ..

Do come back once in a while to check on us in this Elite club ..

Friends Libai's experience is again showing us that we'll get there..one day..

ciao
gcsep10

Congratulations Libai

Thank you for your helpful information.

Wish you enjoy the freedom and keep fighting for it.

All the best!