Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Processing times in Philadelphia

Hello friends..

There is some interesting information i found from a web site called http://www.immihelp.com

This web site has processing times for the local centers.when i checked the Philadelphia center it has a min time of 270 days for cases with interview.

This status is as of Jan 2003.With all the spl registration and all surely this may have become more than that also...

I thought may be some us can use this information to plan the future year..

Again do not know if these time frames are uptodate or not.

Cioa friends

gcsep10

I think this 270 day thing has been on web sites for the longest time at least a year. No one until now was able to shed some light what is going on in Philadelphia LO. For the last 8-9 months I could see only one interview from Philadelphia, for sylee, who had his in February I think without waiting a whole lot. Just transferred in late December got notice in January had the interview in February. Interviewed and stamped the same day. Besides him/her, no one that I heard about. Really interesting as well as deppressing!

MGM,
My friend's Transfer date is also around yours but he hasn't received any notice from Vermont Service Center. When did u receive a notification from VSC?
Thanks

i'm from China, EB2

i talked to my lawyer yesterday. he said in these days, it takes about a year from the transfer date to get an interview in philly. i've been waiting for almost 270 days. haven't got any interview notice. hopefully a year is the reality.

Hello Friends,

From libai's posting it looks like Philly is a big black hole at this point.I feel sorry for all of us.

Would approaching the senator's locally help? or Would a personal visit to the Phily center be of any use?

From various postings on the internet it looks like some centers like Newark ,Pittsburgh are processing cases within 120 days too..may be food for thought ..to change our address to places where the processing time is much less than Phily..

If we change our address at this time would the case be transfered to the BCIS center for that area..?

Any thoughts friends..?

Have a nice weekend all of u...

Ciao

gcsep10

about the new memo

Is this BCIS new memo that everyone talking about helpful to people who have been transferred also?? any idea.. i am not able to understand the whole issue here. :confused:

about the new memo

Is this BCIS new memo that everyone talking about helpful to people who have been transferred also?? any idea.. i am not able to understand the whole issue here. :confused:

Any philadelphia interviews??

have a couple questions. Sorry .. but feedback would be greatly appreicated..

1.i was wondering if anyone on this board has received any interview notice from philadelphia office recently or any one who finished an interview and their experience.
2.what are the chances of getting an I-485 approved without an interview even though the case is transferred to local office.. does it happen ? if so how often or rare... and within how many months approximately?
3.Does it ever happen that the dependant's I-485 gets approved even though the main applicant's gets transferred. If the dependant has been in the U.S. on a legal status at the time of filing and the application was filed within a few days after the I-485 of the main applicant and not together.Main applicant here being the spouse.
4. Does it matter if the main applicant is not working yet for the sponsored employer even though he/ she is in the country . Can he/she start after receiving the GC? does it affect the interview?
5. what happens if the employer sells the business to someone else.Should he/she inform the interviewer or just not bother as long as the new owner doesn't mind continuing it...
6 does the applicant need the tax papers of the recent tax filing of the employer.Eg: for the year 2002. when he/she goes to the interview.Will the papers submitted earlier won't do?
7. does it affect the process if the new owner of the business shows a loss during the recent tax filing.

would appreciate all your help.. thanks a ton...

Something to chew on...

This person is family based. But still, applied in late June 2002 and got interview letter in March 2003. About nine months. Philadelphia Local Office we are talking about.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=443065#post443065

A friend of mine just recently had an interview for citizinship one day short of official limit (one year). So officially they say 270 days for I-485s. That means nine months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Letter

Finally, we got an Interview Letter for an Interview in about two weeks. It seems like in our case the transfer to the local office has been a result of the fact that we have been married for just a short period of time before my husband filed for the I-485. In the attachment to the interview letter, they ask for several different kinds of evidence that we live together such as mortage arrangements, joint bank accounts, pictures, even swarn testimonials from friends, co-workers etc. They ask for nothing else much but recent employment letters and pay stubs as well as valid passports. My interview is scheduled half an hour before mu husnband's interview.
I hope this helps. I'll let you know how the interviews go.

Transfer date...

... was October 23, 2002. RD was July 1, 2001. They lost our case, then we had to give new fingerprints, etc.

Question...

My EAD expires on August 9 and our interview is on August 11. Do I have to apply for renewal of my EAD? What if they don't stamp our passports on the day of the interview? Anybody has any idea what our chances are to get the passports stamped on the same day?

Also any advice preparing for the interview will be greatly appreciated.

Could you please let us know when your case was transfered to Philly INS? thanks.

good luck to the interview!

Friends i need some advise..Urgently!!

Hi All,

My case is currently with the Philly BCIS center pending an interview.No information available on interview dates at this time.

Due to possible lay off's i had applied for another job in Florida.The job has come through.

The lay off's will be starting in October 2003 as per the recent emails..

Since the case is already with the Philly Center now if i take up the offer in Florida what will happen to the case?

Will it get transfered to FL local BCIS center for the my residence.?

Immigration Guru's please respond..

thanks
gcsep10

RD Sep 10 2001
ND Nov 11 2001
TD Mar 2003

One more xfer

Hi all,

My first post - although, like many others I've been a silent reader for many months. I checked the online status today and found that my case has been transferred to the local Philly office.

Just as an FYI, mine is an NIW/EB2 case (EAC02118...). And from reading various threads on this bb, it seems to be the trend for NIW cases to be transferred to the local offices. I guess I should be thankful someone atleast looked at my case.

I'll post again when I hear anything further.