Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

State Priority ?

tomshu said:
I wish that's true! However in a real world the BEC may practise in a different way. For instance, when I asked why they process cases state by state rather than in a single queue and according to the so called FIFO as they claimed in all the official documents, the officer told me that claim is claim, but the real world is actually different. He also said which sate to pick up first is also up to the state itself, if the state has requested and urge the BEC to process its cases quickly, then this state may get luck and be put in a higher priority.

Great Update Tomshu. Thanks !

How do ask our States (MD in my case) to raise its priority at the Backlog Processing Center? It would help all the States other than NJ, which already being processed. Also, What is the current State priority list at BPC? Does anybody know?

Sanjay
PD: Sep/2001
RD: Dec/2003
45-day Letter: Jan/2005

Please help me~

Sorry to post H1- stamping issue here.
My PD is 2001 Nov. MD and still stuck in this mess like all others.

We were waiting to get our LC and AP to travel our country and it's been 10 years from my last visit our country and saw our family!

Now we heard that my mother is sick and we really need to visit this summer although how hard to get visa stamped. -_-

I have two question. We are in the 7th year of H1-B(no wonder~) ad this April, H1-B extension beyond 6 years was just approved. And then yesterday, I got informed from my company that I'm promoted and my salary got raised. Would it be a issue when I visit my country and get visa stamp?

Second is that I just read Tomshu's posting that they are procession before Dec. 2001 application. I'm still very negative but what happen our LC cleared before our trip(Aug.)? Do we need to postpone our I485 140 application? or we can go ahead to apply for that and still able to leave this company by using H1? I heard that some people who has H1 and AP, decided not to use AP in order to keep their H1 status just in case their green card applicatin is denied. (not be an illegal status) and that means we can go outside of this country although our GC is pending by using H1-B status. Please advise me if I'm wrong.

I hate this mess and laziness and stupidity of BEC guys for messing up our situation!!!
:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear...

Do you think if you send some request to BPC in your case might help...Ask your attorney maybe you can work with a senator or ETA on this one. It is family emergency...

jjcchoi said:

We were waiting to get our LC and AP to travel our country and it's been 10 years from my last visit our country and saw our family!

Now we heard that my mother is sick and we really need to visit this summer although how hard to get visa stamped. -_-

I have two question. We are in the 7th year of H1-B(no wonder~) ad this April, H1-B extension beyond 6 years was just approved. And then yesterday, I got informed from my company that I'm promoted and my salary got raised. Would it be a issue when I visit my country and get visa stamp?

Second is that I just read Tomshu's posting that they are procession before Dec. 2001 application. I'm still very negative but what happen our LC cleared before our trip(Aug.)? Do we need to postpone our I485 140 application? or we can go ahead to apply for that and still able to leave this company by using H1? I heard that some people who has H1 and AP, decided not to use AP in order to keep their H1 status just in case their green card applicatin is denied. (not be an illegal status) and that means we can go outside of this country although our GC is pending by using H1-B status. Please advise me if I'm wrong.

I hate this mess and laziness and stupidity of BEC guys for messing up our situation!!!

jjcchoi said:

If I understand your situation correctly, you have a valid H1-B visa.
Even if you're LC clears tomorrow, you still have at least 3 months before AP/ EAD can be approved.... even then as long as you have a valid H1-B you are allowed to keep it valid and use it to stay in status, in fact some lawyers recommend it.

only question it seems is, will you have trouble with stamping your visa on your passport... this is probably best judged by you based on your city's US embassy record.

Now, your promotion could mean trouble for your LC. See technically you are supposed to be working in the position that your LC is for without promotion....
this is just what I think.. i am not a lawyer so yes consult your lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
jjcchoi said:

WHY ? You can travel out / Comeback on H1B Also !!

Again why do you think its hard to get Visa Stamped ? If you have H1 approval You will get H1 stamped. Its just a formality.

NO.. NOT AT ALL. I GOT Promoted 3 times in last three year & got my all H1s stamped. H1 has no connections with promotion as long as you are in the same company & has Valid H1 extension approval from USCIS

Second is that Do we need to postpone our I485 140 application? or we can go ahead to apply for that and still able to leave this company by using H1? I heard that some people who has H1 and AP, decided not to use AP in order to keep their H1 status just in case their green card applicatin is denied. (not be an illegal status) and that means we can go outside of this country although our GC is pending by using H1-B status. Please advise me if I'm wrong.

By Only travelling Out you don't loose your Status. You only loose H1 status if (a) you use EAD to work OR (b) if you return to US using AP not H1B. If you return to USA with valid H1B you will be still in H1B.

Status of LC / I-140/ I-485 / AP as no direct connections with H1B(Otherthen using pending application to get extension).

Thanks a lot!

I decide to purchase airplane ticket~

One more thing~
So, if I use EAD to work, it also make my H1-B invalid?
I'm working as a fulltimer for my company but as soon as I get EAD, I'm also planning to work as a freelance too. in that case, eventhough I have vaild H1, I can't keep that status? -_-

Anyway, Thanks a lot.

bridger said:
Tomshu, Icarus and others,

Would someone care to commment on how things are going in Philly?
My PD is May 2003, CA. RD is May 2004. It's an RIR case and was in regional when it was transferred to the BEC. Can someone try to guess how many applications are ahead of me? Will RIR be processed before regular and SWA at Philly?

I would appreciate some advice as I am considering going through with a NIW application. My lawyer says I have a 50/50 chance with NIW, but I certainly prefer spending $5000 on other things if that won't save me much time.

I am basically trying to get an idea of how much time would I really save by going through NIW (if it works!).

Any input would greatly help my decision. Thanks a lot.
BTW, I am not affected by EB3 retrogression.

Thanks

Well, NIW is not as easy as LC. At least you cannot file it tomorrow, or even next week. You have to get some recommendation letters, lots of them, and some of them preferrably from other countries, to prove that you are so special that if you cannot stay here, the US national interest will be harmed. Unless you are very popular in your professional area and befriend with a lot of people from other institutions than your own, you pretty much have to beg for the letters, which is definitely not a sure thing and can take a long time, especially summer time is coming up. Well, if you are working on find a cure for HIV, or breast cancer, prostate cancer, or other diseases that are on the news all the time, your chance is greatly enhanced, because those are the names that USCIS people know. If you say you are studying fruitfly genetics, you will have a hard time to make the connection between that subject and national interest, even though it can be a model to studying cancer.

I guess you can talk with your lawyer and try to collect the documents to see how it goes. You know the good thing about NIW is you can file I140/I485, advanced parole, EAD for youself and your family members immediately. Good luck.

satillite office..

employer applied labor in DE satellite office in may 2003, even though head office is NY . in july 2004 went to FED but stuck up now in BPC.
Question 1: will the BPC approve or reject the case after I respond to 45 day
notice. kindly provide answer with true facts..
Question 2: do i need to re-apply a new labor from NY..

Confusion lates BPC Q & A.

Question: When do you expect the BPC will begin adjudicating cases?

Answer: The Backlog Processing Centers have begun to process cases from the Regional Offices that have been completely entered into PBLS and for which the backlog Preocessing Center has received a response to the Notification Receipt letter.

Sometime they say, its compeltely FIFO (First In First Out) and again sometime they say RIR will priority. What the hell they want to do. At least show some Apvl / den.

For one question, they say that they will process strictly by priority date (FIFO) (cases from both Regional and SWA combined).

For another question, they say they have already started processing cases at the Regional level (Regional cases which are in the system and for which 45-day response have been received).

Very equivocal answers!!! :confused:

Bill Passed to Provide Limited Relief from Retrogression
Posted May 04, 2005

H.R. 1268, a bill that was primarily intended to provide supplemental appropriations for defense, the global war on terror, and tsunami relief, has been passed by both the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate. However, it contains some important immigration provisions. The House and Senate announced on May 3, 2005 that they have reached an agreement on the final wording of the Bill. This Bill is not yet enacted into law, but is expected to be signed by the President, which will finalize it into law.

The Bill would amend the provision of AC21 that released certain unused visa numbers to all employment-based categories. In H.R. 1268, 50 percent of these employment-based visa numbers are allocated solely to Schedule A cases, which affects nurses and physical therapists. This would be quite helpful to nurses and physical therapists, occupations in high demand in the U.S. It would also be helpful to address the current retrogression problem in the EB-3 category. Of course, this is a short-term solution. Details of this Bill will be made available in our May 6, 2005 MurthyBulletin and on MurthyDotCom.

SOURCE:
http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_050405.html

I had a dream

I had a dream last night that I received a letter from BRC/BEC, in the letter they said they didn't receive any reply of 45 days letter from VA, so they thought it must be sth. wrong in their office, so they decided to give us a second opportunity to reply this 20 days letter, ( how considerate are they).

In the letter, they try to gain more information helping their data processing. So they seperated us into different groups, I fell into the group of "Workers using their math and logic skills", so I need to answer several logic questions. One of them is find the most logical consistant pictures from 4 picture with a given one. I immediately found that the similarity is in the direction of the shadow. How smart am I, I was proud of myself in the dream hoping the perfect score will give my case a higher priority in their queue.

Then in the morning, I told my husband my dream immediately, but before I finished, he said he also had a dream last night, in the dream we went back to our home country.

How a coincident! How two realistic dream! Be prepared for the 20 days letter and the logic questions!

Perm - Eb2/eb3?

Hello Guys,
I have maters degree with 5 Yr of work exp, my company is filing LC under PERM but I am not sure under wich catagory. My question is, is it possible LC can be filed as EB2 Catagory under PERM?
Please let me know if any one you know the details.
Thank You for your response.

lvka said:
I had a dream last night that I received a letter from BRC/BEC, in the letter they said they didn't receive any reply of 45 days letter from VA, so they thought it must be sth. wrong in their office, so they decided to give us a second opportunity to reply this 20 days letter, ( how considerate are they).

In the letter, they try to gain more information helping their data processing. So they seperated us into different groups, I fell into the group of "Workers using their math and logic skills", so I need to answer several logic questions. One of them is find the most logical consistant pictures from 4 picture with a given one. I immediately found that the similarity is in the direction of the shadow. How smart am I, I was proud of myself in the dream hoping the perfect score will give my case a higher priority in their queue.

Then in the morning, I told my husband my dream immediately, but before I finished, he said he also had a dream last night, in the dream we went back to our home country.

How a coincident! How two realistic dream! Be prepared for the 20 days letter and the logic questions!

that's funny, BEC guys have really got us.

You are approved

GCVS03 said:
Hello Guys,
I have maters degree with 5 Yr of work exp, my company is filing LC under PERM but I am not sure under wich catagory. My question is, is it possible LC can be filed as EB2 Catagory under PERM?
Please let me know if any one you know the details.
Thank You for your response.

Go ahead and apply under EB2 category. You are pre approved to do that.

Note: You can apply in any category. Nothing matters.