Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

GC_MD_2001 said:
Tomshu,

Do you know which date they are processing? My pd is April 2001 till now no news.

Well, we both are poor guys from the unfortunate MD state, and we both have 2001 PDs, but unfortunately they are currently processing New Jersey state's cases but not MD ones yet.

ciril99 said:
Tomshu,

2/. The BEC is certifying LCs which PDs are before 31 Dec 2001.
Is BEC processing Federal cases as well as State labor at a time or Federal first and later State? Are they also are they doing RIR and non-RIR together or they consider RIR first?

Thanks,
Ciril99

Yes, they process both Federal and state cases at a time, but it depends on the computer database availablibility of state cases. There is no RIR and TR difference and all are in one queue.

tomshu said:
Well, we both are poor guys from the unfortunate MD state, and we both have 2001 PDs, but unfortunately they are currently processing New Jersey state's cases but not MD ones yet.

I do not see any New Jersy cases from 2001 in the BEC Tracker being maintained by JustWatching...I only see NJ cases beginning from May 2002 in the tracker. This probably explains why we haven't seen anyone posting labor approvals in this forum.

Hello Tomshu

tomshu said:
1/. The BEC is sending 45-day everyday.

3/. The BEC is certify LCs state by state, within each state each case will be processed according to FIFO.

4/. After 2001 cases being cleared, they then will move to 2002, 2003 ...

5/. Note: Because most cases from 2001 do not belong to high-tech jobs, it may take some time for forks like us in this forum to see any approvals.

--Tomshu

Hello Tomshu ,
I thought you had your LC aproved and had left us ...thank you very much for sharing the info you have , my PD is April 25, 2001 so i see some light at the end.

Did they told you when they think that are going to clear all 2001 LC´s??

Regards Choclito

it is negative

tomshu said:
Yes, they process both Federal and state cases at a time, but it depends on the computer database availablibility of state cases. There is no RIR and TR difference and all are in one queue.

how can it be a FIFO if BEC processes state by state instead of adding everybody together nationwide? it doesn't make sense.

furthermore, u r saying all is in one queue (RIR and traditional) which means that rir people will wait the traditional cases to be cleared ahead of them. the traditional cases r mainly the ones creating the backlog. therefore good luck for all RIR people then with this messy system.it is pathetic

RIR has it's own queue

RIR has it's own queue. I got this reply today from DOL.

Dear Mr. Mishra.

Your letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao was referred to this office for reply. The Division of Foreign Labor Certification in the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is responsible for administering the Department’s Foreign Labor Certification Program.

As part of our efforts to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, the San Francisco Regional Office sent this application to the ETA Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. The Center informed us it sent a “45-day letter” to the employer or its representative on February 7, 2005, asking if it wished to continue with the processing of the application. The Center received an affirmative response on February 16, 2005, and the case has been placed in the processing queue for Reduction-in-Recruitment cases.
Then lot of bla bla bla

tomshu said:

I wish that's true! However in a real world the BEC may practise in a different way. For instance, when I asked why they process cases state by state rather than in a single queue and according to the so called FIFO as they claimed in all the official documents, the officer told me that claim is claim, but the real world is actually different. He also said which sate to pick up first is also up to the state itself, if the state has requested and urge the BEC to process its cases quickly, then this state may get luck and be put in a higher priority.

Anand_Mishra said:
RIR has it's own queue. I got this reply today from DOL.

Dear Mr. Mishra.

Your letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao was referred to this office for reply. The Division of Foreign Labor Certification in the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is responsible for administering the Department’s Foreign Labor Certification Program.

As part of our efforts to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, the San Francisco Regional Office sent this application to the ETA Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. The Center informed us it sent a “45-day letter” to the employer or its representative on February 7, 2005, asking if it wished to continue with the processing of the application. The Center received an affirmative response on February 16, 2005, and the case has been placed in the processing queue for Reduction-in-Recruitment cases.
Then lot of bla bla bla

mvinays said:
I do not see any New Jersy cases from 2001 in the BEC Tracker being maintained by JustWatching...I only see NJ cases beginning from May 2002 in the tracker. This probably explains why we haven't seen anyone posting labor approvals in this forum.
NY SWA NON RIR and RIR Filers up to 1st week of Nov 2001 received and replied 45 days almost one month back. but do not see any processing updates on NY state cases..

antonioa77 said:
how can it be a FIFO if BEC processes state by state instead of adding everybody together nationwide? it doesn't make sense.

furthermore, u r saying all is in one queue (RIR and traditional) which means that rir people will wait the traditional cases to be cleared ahead of them. the traditional cases r mainly the ones creating the backlog. therefore good luck for all RIR people then with this messy system.it is pathetic

tomshu said:
I wish that's true! However in a real world the BEC may practise in a different way. For instance, when I asked why they process cases state by state rather than in a single queue and according to the so called FIFO as they claimed in all the official documents, the officer told me that claim is claim, but the real world is actually different. He also said which sate to pick up first is also up to the state itself, if the state has requested and urge the BEC to process its cases quickly, then this state may get luck and be put in a higher priority.

If you are looking for logic or reasoning or rationale, DOL is the wrong place for that. At the end of the day, POWER is everything. and they are using it which ever way they want. Unfortunately, an ALIEN does not have any power even though scaring. Now just cross your fingers and wish someone in this forum say he/she has got his/her LC certified from Philly BRC/BEC/BPC and his/her case is not specially handled.

anyone from washington DC?

my RIR was filed in october 2002. no word on the 45 day letter yet. anyone else from DC here who received the letter?

tomshu said:

I believe this apply only on 45 days letters not on the actual processings. Processing depends on 3 factors: PD, case type (RIR, none-RIR) and the status of the database.

CA RIR EB3
PD June 2002
RD May 2003
Transfered to Philly BED
45 days received last March, replied to within one week

Last edited by a moderator:
AJ02 said:
my RIR was filed in october 2002. no word on the 45 day letter yet. anyone else from DC here who received the letter?

I got the 45 day letter, please see my signature for details. My question is whether your case cleared the state level and moved to philly DOL or not?

my lawyers have not received notification yet that my labor certification application has been transferred to a Backlog Reduction Center. what does this mean? have all applications been automatically transferred to philly DOL? or could it be that mine didnt clear the state level.

AJ02 said:
my lawyers have not received notification yet that my labor certification application has been transferred to a Backlog Reduction Center. what does this mean? have all applications been automatically transferred to philly DOL? or could it be that mine didnt clear the state level.

If I understand this correctly, by now the SWA should have forwarded all files to the BPC.... I believe March 28th was the scheduled date for ALL applications to be sent to BPC's.....

spidey said:
If I understand this correctly, by now the SWA should have forwarded all files to the BPC.... I believe March 28th was the scheduled date for ALL applications to be sent to BPC's.....

I think it was April 22nd. By that date BPC should have all pending labor cases.

GCSyndrome said:
I believe this apply only on 45 days letters not on the actual processings. Processing depends on 3 factors: PD, case type (RIR, none-RIR) and the status of the database.

CA RIR EB3
PD June 2002
RD May 2003
Transfered to Philly BED
45 days received last March, replied to within one week

NO offense, you sound like you are working at BRC. But it is too clear to be true.

Should I apply through NIW?

Tomshu, Icarus and others,

Would someone care to commment on how things are going in Philly?
My PD is May 2003, CA. RD is May 2004. It's an RIR case and was in regional when it was transferred to the BEC. Can someone try to guess how many applications are ahead of me? Will RIR be processed before regular and SWA at Philly?

I would appreciate some advice as I am considering going through with a NIW application. My lawyer says I have a 50/50 chance with NIW, but I certainly prefer spending $5000 on other things if that won't save me much time.

I am basically trying to get an idea of how much time would I really save by going through NIW (if it works!).

Any input would greatly help my decision. Thanks a lot.
BTW, I am not affected by EB3 retrogression.

Thanks

tomshu said:
1/. The BEC is sending 45-day everyday.

3/. The BEC is certify LCs state by state, within each state each case will be processed according to FIFO.

4/. After 2001 cases being cleared, they then will move to 2002, 2003 ...

5/. Note: Because most cases from 2001 do not belong to high-tech jobs, it may take some time for forks like us in this forum to see any approvals.

--Tomshu

Bridger

I suggest wait at least another 30 or 60 days, the system still new and they have some glichs.

I am in the same boat as you.

bridger said:
Tomshu, Icarus and others,

Would someone care to commment on how things are going in Philly?
My PD is May 2003, CA. RD is May 2004. It's an RIR case and was in regional when it was transferred to the BEC. Can someone try to guess how many applications are ahead of me? Will RIR be processed before regular and SWA at Philly?

I would appreciate some advice as I am considering going through with a NIW application. My lawyer says I have a 50/50 chance with NIW, but I certainly prefer spending $5000 on other things if that won't save me much time.

I am basically trying to get an idea of how much time would I really save by going through NIW (if it works!).

Any input would greatly help my decision. Thanks a lot.
BTW, I am not affected by EB3 retrogression.

Thanks

NIW is very tough to get through. Your qualifications and recommendation letters have to be "EXCEPTIONAL". NIW is easier for tenure track-faculty working at universities. I recommend waiting at BEC and also trying for PERM rather than taking a 50% shot at losing $5000. Also, I know of a Chinese friend of mine who has a PhD and he lost $3000 (lawyer fees) trying for NIW. USCIS denied his NIW case. I hope you wont end up in the same boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
mvinays said:
NIW is very tough to get through. Your qualifications and recommendation letters have to be "EXCEPTIONAL". NIW is easier for tenure track-faculty working at universities. I recommend waiting at BEC and also trying for PERM rather than taking a 50% shot at losing $5000.

what is NIW now.

Thanks

orissa