.........STILL IN THE DOL CAGE ... LOOKING FOR FEEDOM
.....DON'T WORRY ... AND SEE IRAQ ALSO GOT FREEDOM
................ .ONE DAY WE ALL WILL GET THAT FREEDOM

DON'T SLEEP, KEEP HOPES HIGH AND SEND THOSE LETTERS ITS ALL LEGAL
.......... OTHER WISE ........ AS MY FREIEND SAID YOU MAY BECOME ILLIGAL

Last edited by a moderator:
H1 Stamping in own country

Hi!
I asked you earlier about H1 stamping after 6 years of term.
We are still stuck in the mess like you(4 years in the LC process and still didn't get through. -_-)

But we can't wait any longer to visit our country and see families. So we decided to visit this summer. Since our LC is pending more than 1 year and we were able to extend our H1(My spouse and me in the separate process for now) beyond 6 years one year by one year.

I recently submitted my LC application to state level(just a year ago and just to renew my H1 beyond 6 years ^^) and somebody kindly advised me to bring the proof of LC pending more than a year when we go to our country for the stamping.

I asked my lawyer to give me that document but he's travle abroad too and his wife brought this one to me and I don't know this is it. Can anyone help me it is the right one?

It's from the virginia emplyment Commission for Application for Alien Employment Certification. It has only case number and receipt date. It's for the state level LC(non RIR) The person who signed for this document is in the alien labor certification unit.

I want to prepare perfectly. I don't want anything mishap when we do the stamping. Thanks!

(One more info to you guys. It says they are processing(it was a year ago) RIR cases for 2002 Feb and non RIR cases for 2001 April at that time. And I guess for RIR in virginia already passed the mess of 2001-April-mountain but I think they should be still sacrifice in BEC for non-RIR clearing. I have no idea how they work and I want to sue them for messing up our lives!)

Last edited by a moderator:
gcmail said:
Thanks GCCovet,

My current firm is not filing my GC..so I was thinking of filing it through another firm, who is willing. With PERM in picture, and labor getting approved/denied in 2-3 months, I see no harm in applying through them.

Do you think this makes sense?
Sure does make sense. I would go for it.
All the best.

This is funny...

rsiv said:
grap,

Not to worry... my pd is 08/2001, I just received 45 letter (a week back) Looks like there is some moment in the cases filed after april 2001. Remember April 2001 was the a blocking month in MD (every day in April 2001 was expensive with lot of i-240 cases) it appears that philli cleared entering April 2001 cases, we can except things to move faster now on the data entry side.... Bottom line one day soon Philly BEC will start processing applications ......

........................ WE BIRDS STUCK IN THE DOL CAGE
ITS SO LONG NOW ...WE ALMOST FORGOT OUR AGE

...................SPENT COUNT LESS HOURS AND MADE THE WORLD PASS Y2K
...BUT PL DON'T LAUGH MY SALARY SHRUNK THIS YEAR AGAIN, ANOTHER 2K

...... CLINTON SAID BYE BYE
.......... LEFT US WITH 245 I

....... ............ALGORE CLOSED HIS INTERNET
........W MOVED COUNTRY BACK TO INTRANET

...... ...................LOST MY SAVINGS IN THE STOCK MARET CRASH
.....WAITED SO LONG, CAN'T LOOSE THAT TIME ITS NOT JUST CASH

- Rsiv

Good Stuff

How true your poem is.. Good work Rsiv..

rsiv said:
grap,

Not to worry... my pd is 08/2001, I just received 45 letter (a week back) Looks like there is some moment in the cases filed after april 2001. Remember April 2001 was the a blocking month in MD (every day in April 2001 was expensive with lot of i-240 cases) it appears that philli cleared entering April 2001 cases, we can except things to move faster now on the data entry side.... Bottom line one day soon Philly BEC will start processing applications ......

........................ WE BIRDS STUCK IN THE DOL CAGE
ITS SO LONG NOW ...WE ALMOST FORGOT OUR AGE

...................SPENT COUNT LESS HOURS AND MADE THE WORLD PASS Y2K
...BUT PL DON'T LAUGH MY SALARY SHRUNK THIS YEAR AGAIN, ANOTHER 2K

...... CLINTON SAID BYE BYE
.......... LEFT US WITH 245 I

....... ............ALGORE CLOSED HIS INTERNET
........W MOVED COUNTRY BACK TO INTRANET

...... ...................LOST MY SAVINGS IN THE STOCK MARET CRASH
.....WAITED SO LONG, CAN'T LOOSE THAT TIME ITS NOT JUST CASH

- Rsiv

how 8th year extension is approved ?

Anybody has any idea how 8th year extension is approved ?

My understanding is, after completing 6 years in H1 visa and if your labor certification is pending for more than 365 days then you are eligible for 7th year extension.

My question is, in the later half of 7th year your labor approves and you apply for 140/485 then on what basis you apply for 8th year extension? (now the labor is approved and 140/485 is pending for say 2-3 months)

What am i missing?

No 45 day letter yet

Can you tell me the email address?

I have not got the 45 day letter yet and want to check the status.

My info:

STATE SWA --> MD
EB2 or EB3 --> EB3
RIR or Regular -> RIR
PD - Priority date -> Oct 26, 2001
RD - Regional receipt date -> May 3, 2004
Regional DOL -> Phily
New BEC Case no. -> No
45-day letter Date received -> NO

garp said:
I sent a mail to the status@dal...email address. I got a reply today a month after I sent it with my new case number and no additional info. I have not received my 45 day letter yet. PD is 12/2001 from MD transferred to Philly in Feb of 04.

senqumar said:

My understanding is, after completing 6 years in H1 visa and if your labor certification is pending for more than 365 days then you are eligible for 7th year extension.

My question is, in the later half of 7th year your labor approves and you apply for 140/485 then on what basis you apply for 8th year extension? (now the labor is approved and 140/485 is pending for say 2-3 months)

What am i missing?

My understanding is you can file yearly H1B extention based on not only pending LC application, but also pending I140/I485, if it has been more than 365 days since the start of LC filing.

Philly BEC tracking phone no

Is there any ph. no to contact and be able to talk to some ras*** in the Philly BEC to know the following:

1. Have the started processing the LCA pending applciations or still doing dataentry?

2. If processing is started already, which cases are being worked on now?

3. and finally what's the estimate to have the LCA approval of July 2002 case..

Thank you in advance.

greatgc said:
Is there any ph. no to contact and be able to talk to some ras*** in the Philly BEC to know the following:

1. Have the started processing the LCA pending applciations or still doing dataentry?

2. If processing is started already, which cases are being worked on now?

3. and finally what's the estimate to have the LCA approval of July 2002 case..

Thank you in advance.

U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1598

Phone: (484) 270-1500

I called above number during the last week and asked, have you started processing the cases? The person replied, they will not provide case specific details. Then I said, I am not asking about specific case, I am asking a genric question, "have you started processing the cases"?. Guess, what she again replied the same. Then I explained her, I am not asking about my case, but I am asking a general information. Then she said, I am going to connect to the proper person. Can you imagine, who is that person. "AUTOMATED ANNOUNCEMENT". :mad:

SRK

srkotturu said:
I called above number during the last week and asked, have you started processing the cases? The person replied, they will not provide case specific details. Then I said, I am not asking about specific case, I am asking a genric question, "have you started processing the cases"?. Guess, what she again replied the same. Then I explained her, I am not asking about my case, but I am asking a general information. Then she said, I am going to connect to the proper person. Can you imagine, who is that person. "AUTOMATED ANNOUNCEMENT". :mad:

SRK

and some of us still have hope that we'll get approval one day :(

senqumar said:

What am i missing?

On the basis of 'pending i-140/485"

hi

gc249 said:
What is BEC 45 days letter means......

If you don't know this, i think you are lucky...It's any way NOT worth knowing...

Some said true- should we still hope we will get the approval? - NO
It's very painful to keep on hanging between greedy employer, unapproachble and w/o good PERM knowledge lawer and the worst of all this stupid DOL which basically makes to easier for lawyers and employers to be rich explointing others needs!!! I think life is far easier for illegal immigrants than for people trying to get some thing lawfully.

God Bless America!

senqumar said:

What am i missing?

On basis of pending I-485..

Orissa, Tomshu, Akela , Icarus

Hello friends,
Please can you use your hot lines so we can have an update about the aprovvals
Thanks

This is the joke of the day!

:D
greatgc said:
If you don't know this, i think you are lucky...It's any way NOT worth knowing...

Some said true- should we still hope we will get the approval? - NO
It's very painful to keep on hanging between greedy employer, unapproachble and w/o good PERM knowledge lawer and the worst of all this stupid DOL which basically makes to easier for lawyers and employers to be rich explointing others needs!!! I think life is far easier for illegal immigrants than for people trying to get some thing lawfully.

God Bless America!
:D