Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

VAhoper said:
The 300 may be the ones that actually replied and said withdraw. For most invalid cases, I suspect there will be no response at all. DOL has to allow 45 days after the letters were sent out to conclude that these cases are closed. This number may not be in the report yet.

I would expect more cases to withdraw when more 2001 cases from SWA to be processed specially for the ones applied before April 30, 2001.

Please add/update your info to BEC Tracker.

Hi all,

If your name is not in BEC tracker yet or if you have any additional update, please post your(/updated) info in the following thread. http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=161571

This will give you and all others in the forum a better idea of how things are going. Just_watching is taking the trouble of updating the tracker almost everyday. By adding your details on to above forum it will be little less effort for Just_watching.

So please help to maintain the tracker with your current information.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
h1b2ndterm said:
Hi all,

If your name is not in BEC tracker yet or if you have any additional update, please post your(/updated) info in the following thread. http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=161571

This will give you and all others in the forum a better idea of how things are going. Just_watching is taking the trouble of updating the tracker almost everyday. By adding your details on to above forum it will be little less effort for Just_watching.

So please help to maintain the tracker with your current information.

Thanks.

h1b2ndterm,

We cannot open the url that you provided (Un-resolved hostname/server).

Can you copy paste the full path of url please.

Thanks

harshapl said:
Number of applications shipped from SWAs to the BRCs
A little over 180,0000 applications have been shipped from SWAs to the BRCs. About 86,000 applications have had data entered into the new database systems and about 40,000 45-day letters have been sent out from the Center. Approximately 300 withdrawals have been logged through February 2005.

Atlanta and Chicago will continue to process temporary work only. They are in the process of shipping all other cases to BRCs and there are about 10,000 cases.

Number of contractor personnel at each BRC site
There are around 100 hired or trained contractor personnel at each site. These contractors have begun to review cases and DOL is training them. The satellite offices - New York, Boston and San Francisco will continue to process the cases they have until January 2006.

Current projection for backlog reduction
If DOL has enough resources the current projection for backlog reduction would be 24 to 30 months.

Data entry in all cases is anticipated to finish by the end of summer 2005 with the help of additional resources from DOL. Once the data entry is over, workers will start processing cases.

http://www.immigration.com/fromtheagency/brcupd.html

Hi,

The URL talks only about the cases which is shipped from SWA to BRC's. Any idea about the cases which have moved form SWA's to Regional Offices. When are these cases going to the the BRC's. My case had moved from Virginia to Philly in 2003 Sept. Still no BEC Letter. Anybody who is in a simillar situation. Please respond.

Thank You

EB2 Retrogress ??

Is EB2 going to retrogress ?? Can some one give me any info if it's available.

Thx
SN4

SN4GC said:
Is EB2 going to retrogress ?? Can some one give me any info if it's available.

Thx
SN4

Its likely once PERM/BEC start approving bunch of cases at a time. It may go up to middle of 2002 for IN/CH/PH borns. But only the PERM cases will be affected as cases getting approved from BEC in first lot will have PD of 2001 or 2002...

Hello
I have a similar question, does anyone know how long it will be before the EB2
retrogresses. If the retrogression may happen 8 months from now( I am guessing). then it makes perfect sense to take a shot and convert my case to PERM (to retain my PD).. My current PD is June 2002.

Any thoughts.

gp111 said:
Its likely once PERM/BEC start approving bunch of cases at a time. It may go up to middle of 2002 for IN/CH/PH borns. But only the PERM cases will be affected as cases getting approved from BEC in first lot will have PD of 2001 or 2002...

Thx gp. Then I shud not worry abt EB2 retrogression.My PD is in June 2002.

SN

laborpain01 said:
Hello
I have a similar question, does anyone know how long it will be before the EB2
retrogresses. If the retrogression may happen 8 months from now( I am guessing). then it makes perfect sense to take a shot and convert my case to PERM (to retain my PD).. My current PD is June 2002.

Any thoughts.

Given that DOL lets you to keep the PD (Lots of conditions involved in that) & PERM clears your application fast enough. If I ware you (with PD 06/02) I take my chances with BEC then PERM

Time for unity, PERM is injustice, lets write letter to congressman, president.

I am hearing a lot about PERM starting from 03/28/2005, as its going to approve labor within 40 days, Its gonna retrogress EB2 as happened to EB3 category couple of month ago.

It's frustrating for me like all of you guyz, I am waiting since last 31/2 years and still I don't see any approval in coming weeks, it'll be another long wait as EB2 is going to retrogress by PERM faster approvals, I think this will be injustice to all the peoples waiting since couple of years and PERM will approve labor within 40days,

If you guyz agree, can we write letters signed by all of us and send it to congressman, President, it might work, or let me now if you have better suggestion then this.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=167356

45 day love letter

Finally received my 45 day love letter on the 17th of March.. Sent reply on the 21st of March. Please update my status in the file.

Thanks.

GCVARUMA said:
Finally received my 45 day love letter on the 17th of March.. Sent reply on the 21st of March. Please update my status in the file.

Thanks.

How in the name of the Gods did you manage this. :confused:
Today is March 16th and I quite certain of this. ;)

gp111 said:
Given that DOL lets you to keep the PD (Lots of conditions involved in that) & PERM clears your application fast enough. If I ware you (with PD 06/02) I take my chances with BEC then PERM

Did USCIS mention any where about EB2 Retrogression :confused: :confused: If so can some one post the link !!! Or is this just a rumour running around the forums :confused: :confused:

SN

GCVARUMA said:

Thanks.

Hey GCVARUMA,
Enna olari vachi iruke? Inniku enna date? Theliva irupa.

SN4GC said:
Did DOL mention any where about EB2 Retrogression :confused: :confused: If so can some one post the link !!! Or is this just a rumour running around the forums :confused: :confused:

SN

How does DOL know about EB-2 retrogression ??? Its USCIS who said couple of times that EB-2 might retrogress based on expected fast speed of PERM & Bulk approvals from BEC. You can check various sites like www.murty.com to find the same info..

Hello all,

I just got a case number back from the Dallas DOL status email address - the case number they gave me was P-04266-XXXXX - it took about 21 days to get an email, so those of you that are still waiting for responses from the status check could use that as a guide... they also included the standard info about no further status available, no contacting them for 90 days etc....

I also got a letter from my attorney that they got the 45 day letter yesterday and they have faxed a response back yesterday.

Here are the case details...

Case Number: P-04266-XXXXX
PD: VA SESA Mar 2002
RD: Philly DOL Nov 2003
45 Day Letter Received: Mar 15, 2005
45 Day Letter Replied: Mar 15, 2005

Thanks!

vk2003 said:
Hello all,

I just got a case number back from the Dallas DOL status email address - the case number they gave me was P-04266-XXXXX - it took about 21 days to get an email, so those of you that are still waiting for responses from the status check could use that as a guide... they also included the standard info about no further status available, no contacting them for 90 days etc....

I also got a letter from my attorney that they got the 45 day letter yesterday and they have faxed a response back yesterday.

Here are the case details...

Case Number: P-04266-XXXXX
PD: VA SESA Mar 2002
RD: Philly DOL Nov 2003
45 Day Letter Received: Mar 15, 2005
45 Day Letter Replied: Mar 15, 2005

Thanks!

Good for you VK. I am also in a similar situation and eagerly waiting for the BEC letter. But i am confused on how Dallas can give you the info and not philly. As i understand, Virginia falls under Philly.

Thanks

Retrogressions

I don't quite understand these retrogressions though I know that people have posted some really good material on this issue. Is it possible for dates to retrogress more than once? For example, if EB3 has become April 2002 now, is it possible that it will retrogress again if lots of approvals start coming in through PERM. My understanding was, that the PERM guys cannot file 485 until the BEC guys hold the dates back and the dates could only move forward from here as PERM priority dates would be later than ours.
Similarly, if EB2 retrogresses once to lets say Jan 2002, the PERM guys will have to wait until all the BEC guys (assuming their labors get approved in a year) get their fair share of visa numbers. Is my assumption correct?

luckyluck said:
Good for you VK. I am also in a similar situation and eagerly waiting for the BEC letter. But i am confused on how Dallas can give you the info and not philly. As i understand, Virginia falls under Philly.

Thanks

I guess they must have some sort of centralized database now - I think the "P" in the case number refers to the Philly BEC and I'm assuming that's where the case is. Most of the posts here mention that Dallas has been much better about responding to the status request as compared to Philly so I was just trying my luck.

yours_sincerely said:
I don't quite understand these retrogressions though I know that people have posted some really good material on this issue. Is it possible for dates to retrogress more than once? For example, if EB3 has become April 2002 now, is it possible that it will retrogress again if lots of approvals start coming in through PERM. My understanding was, that the PERM guys cannot file 485 until the BEC guys hold the dates back and the dates could only move forward from here as PERM priority dates would be later than ours.
Similarly, if EB2 retrogresses once to lets say Jan 2002, the PERM guys will have to wait until all the BEC guys (assuming their labors get approved in a year) get their fair share of visa numbers. Is my assumption correct?

Your statement hold good for I485 for EB3 category with people of PH/IN/CH countries. Because EB3 is already retrogress for applicants of PH/IN/CH. PERM with EB2 still has advantage for everyone till date is current. Guys with other cuntries orgin have advantage irrespective of EB2/EB3.