Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

Is there any Phily folks

is it possible for you guys to pay a visit to BEC and figure out what was going on? Field trip sometimes helps. At least it does not hurt.

This thread contains lot of useful information and this site is the best.

My Labor is moved to Philly from Atlanta regional office with temp case number T-050xx-xxxxx. It is non-RIR, EB2, PD - Oct 2002, Florida SESA. Is anyone got 45 day letter from philly in non-RIR category from Atlanta? My guess is that they are issuing 45 day letters to RIR cases first.

Last edited by a moderator:
lcw said:
This thread contains lot of useful information and this site is the best.

My Labor is moved to Philly from Atlanta regional office with temp case number T-050xx-xxxxx. It is non-RIR, EB2, PD - Oct 2002, Florida SESA. Is anyone got 45 day letter from philly in non-RIR category from Atlanta? My guess is that they are issuing 45 day letters to RIR cases first.

Not true about RIR vs non-RIR. I am non-RIR and have recd the 45-day letter.
My PD is Apr 2002, moved to Regional Apr 2004. Only difference is my SESA was Philly. My guess is you are not too far off from recv the letter. It may make a difference that the BRC seems to be opening boxes of cases in some order, I noticed it was VA cases that seemed to recv letters first then Philly cases....

I wouldn't worry too much as I suspect your wait for approval after responding to the 45 day letter will be shorter than most of us who have already responded to this letter.

spidey said:
Not true about RIR vs non-RIR. I am non-RIR and have recd the 45-day letter.
My PD is Apr 2002, moved to Regional Apr 2004. Only difference is my SESA was Philly. My guess is you are not too far off from recv the letter. It may make a difference that the BRC seems to be opening boxes of cases in some order, I noticed it was VA cases that seemed to recv letters first then Philly cases....

I wouldn't worry too much as I suspect your wait for approval after responding to the 45 day letter will be shorter than most of us who have already responded to this letter.

I am also non-RIR, SESA Phily,and received my letter earlier this month, and my PD is June 03.

here it is

thunderstorm said:
Hi, Anyone knows the exact address of Philadelphia BEC?
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1598

Waiting for my BEC letter !!!!

Hello All,

My Labor application moved from Virginia to Philly on 29th Sept 2003. I am yet to get the BEC Letter. Is there any one whose is still waiting for their BEC letter, whose dates are simillar to mine. Please respond.

Thank You.

just called BEC with the number provided.

The lady refused to answer any questions. She basically said after 90 days (counting from the day the 45-day letter is replied) do not make inquiries.

I have some questions regarding I140 filing. So far most discussion is around labor and 485 and these are the two stages people are most concerned. How do we know we will not get stuck in I140 when thousands of cases are expected to be approved by PERM every day? In 2 years we may get labor cleared and have submitted 485. However with a pending 140, we still cannot change employer, am I right?

Thunderstorm,

I didn't understand your posting. The lady at BEC said you can or cannot inquire after 90 days of replying your 45-day letter?

Thanks

sorry, I meant within 90 days, not after

VAhoper said:
Thunderstorm,

I didn't understand your posting. The lady at BEC said you can or cannot inquire after 90 days of replying your 45-day letter?

Thanks

There is speculation that for folks who have their PD's current (visa numbers available for I485 filing) will be given preference for I-140 ajudications over PERM LC's, who cannot file for I-485 even though their I-140 is approved. The main benefit to file for I-485 and have it pending for 180 days is that you can apply for EAD card thereby, relieving pressure on your H1B term of 6 years.

thunderstorm said:
The lady refused to answer any questions. She basically said after 90 days (counting from the day the 45-day letter is replied) do not make inquiries.

I have some questions regarding I140 filing. So far most discussion is around labor and 485 and these are the two stages people are most concerned. How do we know we will not get stuck in I140 when thousands of cases are expected to be approved by PERM every day? In 2 years we may get labor cleared and have submitted 485. However with a pending 140, we still cannot change employer, am I right?

Latest Visa dates

Visa priority dates for EB3 progressed to 01APR02 from 01MAR02...
Remained Current for EB2
good sign???

Not to be pessimistic...but

I have seen in the past that these dates move back and forth sometimes for retrogression.

It will be especially true when PERM cases will start receiving approvals. There will be lot of people waiting in line to get the 485 date and I believe it will be a long wait !!!

:eek:

Error in DOL reply to the 45 day letter:

* recd 45 day letter from Dallas Backlog reduction center ("DBRC")
* Attorney responded with letter confirming "proceed"
* DBRC responded with letter confirming case was withdrawn quoting the very letter sent by Attorney confirming "proceed".

This seems to be an obvious DBRC error.

Currently, working on reinstating case.

*1 Has anyone run into this issue ?
*2 Was case reinstated ?
*3 How long did it take to reinstate case ?

My attorney actually made a mistake and checked the wrong option on the form and opted to withdraw the application, attorney's covering letter said to continue the case and it contridicted with the option checked on the BRC form. When my employer asked for the paper work that was submitted by the attorney, I was shocked to see that attorney checked the wrong option. I immediatly brought it to the attorney's attention. Attorney's office contacted the Philli backlog reduction center by email, phone and fax with in an hour. They finally got a email reply from BRC saying that the mistake has been corrected on the same day. But wooh.. it was a roller coster ride for me for those few hours.

I think if your attorney has some internal contacts in BRC, he/she should be able to fix it really fast, otherwise I would say it may take lot of efforts to correct this error. But I would suggest you to put enough pressure on the attorney. Best of Luck pal...........

Austin_Hawk said:
* recd 45 day letter from Dallas Backlog reduction center ("DBRC")
* Attorney responded with letter confirming "proceed"
* DBRC responded with letter confirming case was withdrawn quoting the very letter sent by Attorney confirming "proceed".

This seems to be an obvious DBRC error.

Currently, working on reinstating case.

*1 Has anyone run into this issue ?
*2 Was case reinstated ?
*3 How long did it take to reinstate case ?

Backlog Reduction Center Updates (BRC) – 03/08/05

Number of applications shipped from SWAs to the BRCs
A little over 180,0000 applications have been shipped from SWAs to the BRCs. About 86,000 applications have had data entered into the new database systems and about 40,000 45-day letters have been sent out from the Center. Approximately 300 withdrawals have been logged through February 2005.

Atlanta and Chicago will continue to process temporary work only. They are in the process of shipping all other cases to BRCs and there are about 10,000 cases.

Number of contractor personnel at each BRC site
There are around 100 hired or trained contractor personnel at each site. These contractors have begun to review cases and DOL is training them. The satellite offices - New York, Boston and San Francisco will continue to process the cases they have until January 2006.

Current projection for backlog reduction
If DOL has enough resources the current projection for backlog reduction would be 24 to 30 months.

Data entry in all cases is anticipated to finish by the end of summer 2005 with the help of additional resources from DOL. Once the data entry is over, workers will start processing cases.

http://www.immigration.com/fromtheagency/brcupd.html

The decision of sending continuation letter was the most stupid decision of BRC.
only 300 out of 40,000 request was withdrawn.

Was it worth it to stop working on cases for months and send 40,000 letters to reduce the number of cases by only 300???

The 300 may be the ones that actually replied and said withdraw. For most invalid cases, I suspect there will be no response at all. DOL has to allow 45 days after the letters were sent out to conclude that these cases are closed. This number may not be in the report yet.