Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

hopeGC2005 said:
But are letters not sent directly to your Employer??
Are they sent to your Attorney??
In latest Murthy bulletin,it says -Employer's representative...but not sure.
Also is there any way one can know directly without asking the Employer if they have received the letters???I guess not since AVM is down.

BEC 45-Day Letters
©MurthyDotCom
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced that the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs), sometimes referred to as the Backlog Reduction Centers or BRCs, would be issuing approximately 10,000 Receipt Notification Letters during the week of December 6, 2004. These letters require sponsoring employers to respond within the stated time. If no response is received, the case will be closed.
©MurthyDotCom
These DOL-issued receipt notification letters request certain information from sponsoring employers and have a response deadline of 45 days. If the DOL does not receive a response to a letter within the 45-day deadline, the case will be closed. These letters should normally be sent to the employer's representative. If the employer receives the letter directly but has an attorney, the employer should speak to the attorney regarding the letter immediately.

What do they mean by employer's representative?? Is it attorney?

Who all should get this letter?

Who all should expect this letter? Should I be concerned if I don't receive this letter say a month from people start receiving it.

My SESA received date for original application was Nov-Dec 2001
They lost my file so we contacted again and send them new application along with old photocopies in June 2004
Case approved and was sent to Philly regional office on July 23rd 2004.
Case Number - 03409605
Code - 039.162-010

So I gues my PD is DEC 2001
RD is July 2004

I think till now it is all speculation that processing is going to be done by PD and not received date. But any official confirmations.

Ashi

Employment Visa Numbers Retrogress

FYI...We have already discussed this but this is the text from Murthy.com. No new info...

Employment Visa Numbers Retrogress
Dec 09, 2004

As predicted, the Department of State (DOS) has announced that the Employment Based, 3rd Preference (EB3) visa numbers for India, mainland China, and the Philippines will retrogress on January 1, 2005. The EB3 numbers for nationals of the listed countries will retrogress to January 1, 2002. This means that, as of January 1, 2005, anyone who is the beneficiary of a labor certification (or I-140 if a labor certification was not required) in the EB3 category filed on or after January 1, 2002, will not be permitted to file the I-485 or have a consular interview for an immigrant visa until the numbers move beyond this date. The DOS has indicated that further retrogression may be possible in future months. For a detailed analysis of the implications of retrogression, see our Sep 24, 2004 article, Priority Dates May Retrogress <murthy.com/news/n_pridat.html>, available on MurthyDotCom. The DOS Visa Dates <murthy.com/visadate.html> are also available on MurthyDotCom.

© The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. (2004)

Last edited by a moderator:
GC_Lover,

Could you please post your case details?

Category/State Receipt Date/State/DOL Receipt Date

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

GC_Lover said:
No, I did not ask my lawyer about copy of letter because he did not say he got letter for my case, all he said was they have started receiving letters from BEC and he is replying instantly. I guess we will just have to wait and see. :(

Immigration Alert – 12/09/04

I just got this letter from my Lawyer today:
Labor Certification-
The DOL has announces plans to send out 10,000 status letters in DECEMBER 2004 to employers who have filed long pending labor certification applications.

Effective January 1, 2005, all applications received after Jan 1st will be forwarded UNOPEN to new Department of Labor National Processing Center in ATLANTA & CHICAGO

??

The letter... was it from BEC or your lawyers newsletter?

cherrygums said:
Labor Certification-
The DOL has announces plans to send out 10,000 status letters in DECEMBER 2004 to employers who have filed long pending labor certification applications.

Effective January 1, 2005, all applications received after Jan 1st will be forwarded UNOPEN to new Department of Labor National Processing Center in ATLANTA & CHICAGO

dcmetro22042 said:
All indications that they might just start sending the letters out now...hoping next week brings in the good news.

I agree, I guess our next question would be how soon they will start approving cases and how fast?

Cherygums, I received the same news letter as you did. I guess your and mine has same Lawyer storms.

cherrygums said:
Labor Certification-

Howz it going to work?

Is'nt this new centralised processing of labor certification defeating the very basic purpose of labor certification ? LC porcess is basically to prove to the state that there is scarcity of certain skilled professionals. Now how is a BPC / DOL official sitting in bum &%#! Texas going to decide about a application from California or Maine ? It doesn't make any sense... Does it mean they are changing the purpose of labor certification too ???

Last edited by a moderator:
BRC Letters

Hi guys,
I checked with my attorney and they still haven't received any letters from the BRC. Also, I was told that the letters are going to be sent to the attorney and not the company.

AwardMyGC said:
Thanks cherrygums!

Hey do u know what would be the priority date for philadelphia. my state(VA) was filed in Oct 2003 and it is transfered to Philadelphia Regional office on July 2004.

hey can u tell me

dcmetro22042 said:
All indications that they might just start sending the letters out now...hoping next week brings in the good news.

Hey do u know what would be the priority date for philadelphia. my state(VA) was filed in Oct 2003 and it is transfered to Philadelphia Regional office on July 2004.

myGCTracker said:

PD is when you first file your LC to SWA/SESA...means your PD is OCT 2003

gp111 said:
PD is when you first file your LC to SWA/SESA...means your PD is OCT 2003

Thanks for the information, but i was wonder what is current processing BEC date. is it may 2003 or Jan ????

BRC Letters

Hi guys,
I checked with my attorney and they still haven't received any letters from the BRC. Also, I was told that the letters are going to be sent to the EMPLOYER and not the company.

How to Check LC Status in Philly?

My RIR LC have recently been forwarded to Philly.

All I have is a letter sent from Virginia EC to my lawyer notifying that VEC have forwarded my application to Philly Regional DOL.

The letter have my case number with the VEC.

Does -

1) Philly DOL assign me a new case number?

2) Philly DOL send me a new receipt notice?

and, also

3) How do I check my case status? The 215-861-5286 number keeps ringing and ringing. Is there any other way?

Just want to make sure that the regional received my application.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ari