Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

gp111,

Thanks for your link. Can I file I-485 if PD becomes current after I-140 is applied and pending ie., say after 6 months of filing I-140 or do I have to wait until I-140 is approved to file I-485.

As long as concurrent filing rule is applicable I think there is no restriction to file I-485 if PD is current and labor is approved.

Please confirm

Thanks
Kalyan

kb_gc said:
gp111,

Thanks for your link. Can I file I-485 if PD becomes current after I-140 is applied and pending ie., say after 6 months of filing I-140 or do I have to wait until I-140 is approved to file I-485.

As long as concurrent filing rule is applicable I think there is no restriction to file I-485 if PD is current and labor is approved.

Please confirm

Thanks
Kalyan

I don't think you have to wait till 140 is approved, if dates become current you should be able to apply 485.

President's Temp. Guest Worker Plan 2005

I guess it seems like I am going to becomes LIFE member of this Forum. I hope next year after taking 2nd term President will push his temporary guest worker program. All we need a work permit and travel document for travel. If guest worrker progarm bill passed next year (I am sure), then let the LC, I-140 and I-485 resting in peace for another 5 or 6 year I don't care.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I would like to warn my fellow friends here, please do not get trap "MohitFL" post. I saw his post every where in Internet including Murthy.com.
MohitFL said:
If any one is looking to file Green Card with a genuine, reliable, very supportive and one of the fastest growing company with many branches then mail me at mohitFL@hotmail.com

MohitFL said:
If any one is looking to file Green Card with a genuine, reliable, very supportive and one of the fastest growing company with many branches then mail me at mohitFL@hotmail.com

You sure you are in the right forum? :confused:
Why are you not giving the name of your company and why is you emailID ending with hotmail.com, your "genuine, reliable, very supportive" company didnt gave you email account?

Last edited by a moderator:
Help!! Information needed

Hello Everyone,

I am in need of some information and eventhough its not pertaining to this forum I thought that I could ask here.

My H1 is expiring in Jan 15th 2005. I have another 1 and 1/2 years of my 6 year quota remaining and my lawyer has applied for the extension. My Labor has been applied(more than 360 days) and is waiting for approval. Could anyone of you clarify the following questions :

1. Is it possible for me to get the 7th year extension alongwith my 1 and 1/2 years remaining(as my case has been pending with the DOL for more than 360 days)
2. Should I get my passport stamped with the new H1? If it need not be stamped is it legal for me to stay in the US and how long can I stay in US without my passport being stamped?
3. How many days do I have to get my passport stamped with the new H1?
4. Any website where I can get more information regarding the stamping of H1 and how long is it valid to be in the country without the passport being stamped?

Thanks in advance.

GCH1_Waiting said:
Hello Everyone,

I am in need of some information and eventhough its not pertaining to this forum I thought that I could ask here.

My H1 is expiring in Jan 15th 2005. I have another 1 and 1/2 years of my 6 year quota remaining and my lawyer has applied for the extension. My Labor has been applied(more than 360 days) and is waiting for approval. Could anyone of you clarify the following questions :

1. Is it possible for me to get the 7th year extension alongwith my 1 and 1/2 years remaining(as my case has been pending with the DOL for more than 360 days)
2. Should I get my passport stamped with the new H1? If it need not be stamped is it legal for me to stay in the US and how long can I stay in US without my passport being stamped?
4. Any website where I can get more information regarding the stamping of H1 and how long is it valid to be in the country without the passport being stamped?

Thanks in advance.

You can stay in US till you have H1, you do not need stamping on your passport, you need stamping only if you are leaving the country.

GCH1_Waiting said:

No, You can only apply for remaining year right now

You don't need Passport Stamp to be legal... The New I-94 you will receive with H1 approval (I-797) is proof of your legal status

Again, Visa Stamp is only required when you travel outside & re-enter... till you are in states a Valid I-94 is proof of your legal stay. You do not need stamp till you travle next time outside the country.

DOL Transition Watch : BEC Letters & Case Transfers

BEC 45-Day Letters

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced that the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs), sometimes referred to as the Backlog Reduction Centers or BRCs, would be issuing approximately 10,000 Receipt Notification Letters during the week of December 6, 2004. These letters require sponsoring employers to respond within the stated time. If no response is received, the case will be closed.

These DOL-issued receipt notification letters request certain information from sponsoring employers and have a response deadline of 45 days. If the DOL does not receive a response to a letter within the 45-day deadline, the case will be closed. These letters should normally be sent to the employer's representative. If the employer receives the letter directly but has an attorney, the employer should speak to the attorney regarding the letter immediately.

Case Transfers from SWAs to BECs

Cases from the Atlanta and Chicago National Processing Centers (NPCs) are next on the list to be sent to the BECs. Note that these are the cases that came from the regions already and are not expected to include cases filed after January 1, 2005.

SWA Timeframes for Case Transfers

The DOL released instructions to the State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) on December 3, 2004 regarding how to ship their unopened cases to the BECs. SWAs are directed to send all unopened cases with receipt dates prior to 2003 to the assigned BECs by December 31, 2004. Those remaining cases that the SWAs have not started to process as of January 1, 2005, must be sent to the BECs in a second shipment that is due by March 31, 2005.

Separate Processing for Regular and RIRs

The DOL directs the SWAs to put the labor certification (LC) cases into boxes by First-In / First-Out (FIFO) order. The RIR cases are to be boxed separately from the Regular (Non-RIR) cases. The SWAs must report to the DOL by December 13, 2004 regarding the transmission of cases. They must identify an SWA point of contact and provide a complete mailing address. They must give an approximate number of cases that are expected to be included in Shipment 1 as well as in Shipment 2, the approximate date range of cases to be sent, the preferred shipping dates and anticipated time required to complete all shipments. There are also extensive quality control procedures at both ends of the packing and receiving process to avoid the loss of files.

Atlanta National Processing Center

The Atlanta Regional Office is scheduled to move into the Atlanta National Processing Center December 9 and 10, 2004. The Atlanta National Processing Center is scheduled to open a few days later, on December 13, 2004. The Federal Register will carry a Notice with the new Atlanta address for the NPC and contact information within the next few weeks.

Conclusion

Many changes are now taking place with labor certification processing and will continue beyond 2005 with a vision to streamline the LC process and make it more efficient. We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy hope that the uniformity among the states with the NPCs and the reduction / elimination of backlogs yields results that make the system work efficiently for our clients as well as all those undergoing the process.

SOURCE: © 2004 The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. All Rights Reserved
http://www.murthy.com

Whats going on?

I do not know what is going on but I got email from my lawyer this morning saying that they have started receiving letters for BEC and he has already replied to them :confused: , I am not sure why he send out that email, but it would be better if someone can confirm if they really send those letters out?

Process which ends no where

I have been reading so many threads finally leading to GC processing, every one is discusing about BECs and Priority dates. I am also on the same boat.

My H1- expirers in march 2005 and Though my wife came on H4 she changed her status to H1 and now due to some miscommunication between us and lawyers, we couldnot file for her labour(not enough notice given by lawyers) in effect to that, though she is potential skilled worker, she has to stay at home after march. just because of small mistake all our plans got scattered. this is just my situation. i guess most of the people are hit by this in one or the other way. How far this is a justice. What are this BECS for screwing up all the cases, people who have filled along with us got there GCs and we are still waiting and hit by the worst process and new rules.

Can any one think or feel how much we(skilled immigrants) are going through. I really wish if there is a way to sue concerened people for this mental agony we face.

Rules change day to day basis. what do they expect a common person like me to do, do i have to read LAW or practice law just to get a GC. No body explains what is going on in the DAM BECS, just speculating things.

I am really sick of this. If any body has any solutions for my problem. please let me know.

Thanks

gp111 said:
No, You can only apply for remaining year right now

You don't need Passport Stamp to be legal... The New I-94 you will receive with H1 approval (I-797) is proof of your legal status

Again, Visa Stamp is only required when you travel outside & re-enter... till you are in states a Valid I-94 is proof of your legal stay. You do not need stamp till you travle next time outside the country.

Thanks to GC_Lover and gp111 for the quick reply to the information that I had needed.

Do anyone of you know any site where I can this information because I tried in this forum and in murthy forum to see if I could get somemore information regarding this but I was not able to find any(maybe because it may be embedded somewhere in the forum which I am easily not able to track).. Also tried in the US travel.state.gov site but then no luck there too..

Keep up the good work and many thanks again..

Is mine Eb2 or EB3

My LCA says my jobs requires B.S + 3 yrs exp or M.S + 1 yr experience. Does that mean its EB2 or EB3

GC_Lover said:
I do not know what is going on but I got email from my lawyer this morning saying that they have started receiving letters for BEC and he has already replied to them :confused: , I am not sure why he send out that email, but it would be better if someone can confirm if they really send those letters out?

Gc_Lover:

Have you seen those letter's yet, I guess ask your Lawyer to send you a copy of your letter. I do not trust even my Lawyer unless he sends me a copy.

myGCTracker said:
I am really sick of this. If any body has any solutions for my problem. please let me know.

Nope, no solutions here... but here's a tip - If you're in Philly, head for Pine and 10th - A pub there has over 500 kinds of beer from all over the world. :)

Only half-kidding :)

sameer2730 said:
My LCA says my jobs requires B.S + 3 yrs exp or M.S + 1 yr experience. Does that mean its EB2 or EB3

Yup, I had same question, my lawyer told me it should be treated as EB2

GC_Lover said:

GC_Lover,

You may be first one on this thread, can you please include your PD and RD in your signature.

I think its nice idea to include PD at sesa, rd at dol in our signature.

Thanks,
Rahul

orissa said:
Gc_Lover:

Have you seen those letter's yet, I guess ask your Lawyer to send you a copy of your letter. I do not trust even my Lawyer unless he sends me a copy.

No, I did not ask my lawyer about copy of letter because he did not say he got letter for my case, all he said was they have started receiving letters from BEC and he is replying instantly. I guess we will just have to wait and see. :(

But are letters not sent directly to your Employer??
Are they sent to your Attorney??
In latest Murthy bulletin,it says -Employer's representative...but not sure.
Also is there any way one can know directly without asking the Employer if they have received the letters???I guess not since AVM is down.

BEC 45-Day Letters
©MurthyDotCom
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced that the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs), sometimes referred to as the Backlog Reduction Centers or BRCs, would be issuing approximately 10,000 Receipt Notification Letters during the week of December 6, 2004. These letters require sponsoring employers to respond within the stated time. If no response is received, the case will be closed.
©MurthyDotCom
These DOL-issued receipt notification letters request certain information from sponsoring employers and have a response deadline of 45 days. If the DOL does not receive a response to a letter within the 45-day deadline, the case will be closed. These letters should normally be sent to the employer's representative. If the employer receives the letter directly but has an attorney, the employer should speak to the attorney regarding the letter immediately.