Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

lc4gc said:
in the first shipment, SWA must send all unopend cases in their systme with receipty dates prior to 2003. this shipment must be received at each SWA's assigned Backlog Processing Center no later than Dec.31 2004.

Hi lc4gc. If that's true, that's great. Can you please give more info if u have it? where is this published? what SWAs? Regular or RIR? etc. Thanks in advance.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

12/08/2004: India/China/Filipino EB-3 Moved to 01/01/2002!!

* The State Department has just released the Visa Bulletin for January 2005. As expected, the employment-based EB-31 moved backward to January 1, 2002 for India, China, and Philippines. It is interesting to learn that the EB-3 cut-off date applies only to "professional or skilled worker" EB-31 category and the unskilled worker category of EB-32 remain "current" for the Indians, Chinese, and Filipinos.

Visa Bulletin
Number 77
Volume VIII
Washington, D.C.

IMMIGRANT NUMBERS FOR JANUARY 2005

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi_bulletincurrent.html

The Department of State has available a recorded message with visa availability information which can be heard at: (202) 663-1541. This recording will be updated in the middle of each month with information on cut-off dates for the following month.

Last edited by a moderator:
tomshu said:
12/08/2004: India/China/Filipino EB-3 Moved to 01/01/2002!!

* The State Department has just released the Visa Bulletin for January 2005. As expected, the employment-based EB-31 moved backward to January 1, 2002 for India, China, and Philippines. It is interesting to learn that the EB-3 cut-off date applies only to "professional or skilled worker" EB-31 category and the unskilled worker category of EB-32 remain "current" for the Indians, Chinese, and Filipinos.

My state labor is filed on Jan-3-2004 and moved to Phili on Jan 4 2004. If my labor is approved in another 2-3 months, can i have the benefits of filing concurent 140 and 485 filing?

Please any one clarify how these dates effect the case.

allaboutgc said:
There is just no way for your labor to be approved in phyli in 2-3 months.

Actually let's say if my labor at Phili is approved some time next year, since the prority dates for EB3 are retrogressed to Jan-1-2002, Can I go for concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485 in next year? Here are my details:

MD State RD: Jan-03-2002
Phili RD: Jan-04-2004
EB3

ciril99 said:
My state labor is filed on Jan-3-2004 and moved to Phili on Jan 4 2004. If my labor is approved in another 2-3 months, can i have the benefits of filing concurent 140 and 485 filing?

Please any one clarify how these dates effect the case.

Filed on Jan-3-2004 and moved to Phili on Jan 4 2004, I wonder which state can move application to philly in one day, you should concern abt following

1. Rumors : soon new rule coming and concurrent filing of 140/485 will be gone.
2. EB2 and EB3 can make a difference in retrogression dates.

RahulatDC said:
Filed on Jan-3-2004 and moved to Phili on Jan 4 2004, I wonder which state can move application to philly in one day, you should concern abt following

1. Rumors : soon new rule coming and concurrent filing of 140/485 will be gone.
2. EB2 and EB3 can make a difference in retrogression dates.

ok...it was typo in my last message. here are the correct details:

MD State RD: Jan-03-2002
Phili RD: Jan-04-2004
EB3

Unfair

EB3 cut off date is jan 1 2002...so those who are in lucky state with PD in 2003 or 2004 but already filed I-485, can get GC faster...while some of us filed in 2002 have to wait forever for filing I-485...is it fair??????? :(

boboli said:
EB3 cut off date is jan 1 2002...so those who are in lucky state with PD in 2003 or 2004 but already filed I-485, can get GC faster...while some of us filed in 2002 have to wait forever for filing I-485...is it fair??????? :(

Yep, its unfair, but not for the reason you state. Those with PDs in 2003 and who have applied 485 wont get their GCs faster, since they will have to wait for the visa date to be in 2003 just like everyone else. However, they WILL be able to get EAD and AC21 benifits (if their 140 is approved).

But what about those with PD after Jan 1 2002 who have already got their GC?? How could the visa date go back to Jan 1 2002 when some people from the affected countries already have got their GCs?? So visa numbers are really available or not? Or did they just pull the Jan 1 date out of a hat?? I dont even pretend to know... and I would take those who do pretend to know with a pinch of salt :p

In any case, the fair/unfair argument is besides the point when it comes to USCIS..... the system has always been unfair to someone or the other at some point or the other... that is not going to change any time soon
:p

What can be done is perhaps write petitions etc to see if EAD can be applied for when the priority dates have retrogressed so far back.

Last edited by a moderator:
When is this cut off date active. I.e. If i have my labor completed today, can i apply i-140/i-485 even though My application reached state at June 2004

Is there a way to file cocurrent I-140/485?

Hi guys,
Is it possible to discuss this with Rajiv (or any lawyer we guys agree on) to find out if some kind of petition is possible to still let us file I-140/485 concurrently. May be, we could pool in some money and give it a try. If we remain passive, then we may become life-members of immigration.com (Maryland SESA tracker, Phily Dol tracker, Visa retrogression tracker, I 140, I 485......phew). :)

Pineapple,

I only need AP to go home see my parents and sisters...I am afraid to apply for H1b in CHina since the background could make me lose my job. one friend of mine waited for 6 months for H1b background check when she visited her family.

so what you mean is person whose PD in 2003 are still limited to get a GC although they already file 485?

I agree with you to write petitions to see if EAD,AP can be applied..

Pineapple said:
Yep, its unfair, but not for the reason you state. Those with PDs in 2003 and who have applied 485 wont get their GCs faster, since they will have to wait for the visa date to be in 2003 just like everyone else. However, they WILL be able to get EAD and AC21 benifits (if their 140 is approved).
What can be done is perhaps write petitions etc to see if EAD can be applied for when the priority dates have retrogressed so far back.

I know lot of people who got there GC's approved who filed state labor in Oct 2002, Mar 2002 . I have no clue how the visa number cut off date was Jan 2002

What exactly is Priority Date

May be this is a stupid question, But I am getting different versions from my friends who are not part of this forum.

Is PD the date when your Application for LCA reaches SESA or is it when you apply for 140 or is it something else?

Thanks in advance
js07

js07 said:
May be this is a stupid question, But I am getting different versions from my friends who are not part of this forum.

Is PD the date when your Application for LCA reaches SESA or is it when you apply for 140 or is it something else?

Thanks in advance
js07

If you fall into category where you need labor certification then your PD is when your LCA reaches SESA, else its when you file 140.

GC_Lover said:
If you fall into category where you need labor certification then your PD is when your LCA reaches SESA, else its when you file 140.

not LCA.. LC (Labor Certification for Green Card)

movement of pd dates

Does anyone has knowledge of movement of pd for EB3in the past after the regression dates announced. Can we expect that PD will moved by 1 month every month. Also heard that during the last queater of 2005 i.e., beginning July 2005 PDs may advance more quicly due to the allocation of unused visa numbers from EB1 and EB2 categories

Thanks
kb_gc

kb_gc said:
Does anyone has knowledge of movement of pd for EB3in the past after the regression dates announced. Can we expect that PD will moved by 1 month every month. Also heard that during the last queater of 2005 i.e., beginning July 2005 PDs may advance more quicly due to the allocation of unused visa numbers from EB1 and EB2 categories

Thanks
kb_gc

check this link for past EB3/2 PD data

http://www.jackson-hertogs.com/quota/0quota.htm