Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

What about new applications at Phili DOL?

Hello,
Will the applications which are being approved (e.g. those approved by VA SESA in Sept 04) be forwarded to newly opened Backlog Reduction Center for Phillidelphia? What priority will they have?

Thanks,
DS

DSLstart said:
Hello,
Will the applications which are being approved (e.g. those approved by VA SESA in Sept 04) be forwarded to newly opened Backlog Reduction Center for Phillidelphia? What priority will they have?

Thanks,
DS

Only God and Lazy people at DOL/BRC could tell ! :mad:

Avm

I called the AVM on last Friday night. It kept on ringing. It is not working. Is it because the office is moving.? I saw similar AVM not working message in Atlanta DOL thread.

Thanks

Pineapple said:
First, Thanks to Tomshu for getting some decent info for all of us.
That said, I do wish, even at the risk of sounding a lil testy, to refrain from pestering him and everyone else with silly questions.
Its known from posts and from info on almost all immi websites that philly DOL cases are going to be taken up first by the BRC. After that, its anyone's guess whats going to happen.
Given the fact that currently philly DOL cases are not actually being processed by BRC, its absurd to expect anyone (Incl BRC employees) to look so far ahead in the future and comment on Philly SESA cases as well.

Its very good that Tomshu is getting information. Since its a DOL thread and SESA thread is dead I think I can post question in this group. May be you guys cleared state level that's why you are much worried about your ferderal. As you are curious about your case, I'm also curious about mine. FYI there is no such silly questions. And if the BRC really want to clear the Backlog then first it should start from SESA in my opinion. I know, the BRC will work according to their rules. It won't care what you think or what I think. Every body has freedom to post any question. If you have problem then don't answer. Please if you know any information please share it don't discourage others. May be I missed some post. If I post a question which has already been answered then that's not a big deal. Please don't make a big deal.

Any Updates?

LC Applicants,

This thread has been quite for past few weeks, I wonder why?
From my side, I put together few statistics and send it up my paralegal.
She in turn, forwarded a letter (Overnight) to Certifying officer. Somebody received the letter in Philly dol and no word after that. My paralegal convinces me that usually it takes anywhere from three to four weeks to get a reply back from Philly dol (this was in past). I am not to going to believe that and I am just getting simply frustrated with these ppl (I mean Philly dol). If look into Atlanta, Boston and California dol processing time, it doesn't move very fast at least the LC applicants are convinced that they are processing applications.

What the hell is happening in Philly DOL? I know tomshu and few others been big help in this thread to keep the hopes going. But I beginning to feel that, this is going to be a never-ending story (I don’t want to sound like a pessimistic person, but I can’t help it).

Still hoping for the best,

AwardMyGC

Additional info from Phil DOL

Hi GUYs,

I once again called the lady I am familiar with. Basically I asked a few questions, her answers are:

1/. The BRC is finishing in inputing data to the new computer system, a couple of weeks more time may be needed.
2/. By next month, many lawyers are expected to receive those confirmation letters.
3/. NOTE: all SESA cases will be processed at some point time, butwill be after all the regional cases being finished. and all the newly approved cases will be forwarded to the BRC directly.
4/. The original Phil regional DOL has be moved to merge into the BRC.

Hopefully we will see some lights after November.
(I hope this post can clear some doubts for those guys from the SESA.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomshu,

Once again, I/We really appreciate you for getting some promising information.

I don't know, when you are going to open-up your hotline next time. When you do, can you please add these questions to your stack of questions?

*. What priority order they are going to process pending LC applications?
In other wards is it going to be prioritized on Case Number or Priority
Date or State?

*. Are they going to categorize EB2 and EB3? (At present it Atlanta DOL they
don’t differentiate it)

*. Regular LC Vs RIR LC, Are they going to be part of same pool?

*. What are they going to do with application with NOF Issued/NOF rebuttal
received?

Thanks in Advance,

AwardMyGC

tomshu said:
Hi GUYs,

I once again called the lady I am familiar with. Basically I asked a few questions, her answers are:

1/. The BRC is finishing in inputing data to the new computer system, a couple of weeks more time may be needed.
2/. By next month, many lawyers are expected to receive those confirmation letters.
3/. NOTE: all SESA cases will be processed at some point time, butwill be after all the regional cases being finished. and all the newly approved cases will be forwarded to the BRC directly.

AwardMyGC said:
Tomshu,

Once again, I/We really appreciate you for getting some promising information.

I don't know, when you are going to open-up your hotline next time. When you do, can you please add these questions to your stack of questions?

*. What priority order they are going to process pending LC applications?
In other wards is it going to be prioritized on Case Number or Priority
Date or State?

It's according to the Case number as always.

*. Are they going to categorize EB2 and EB3? (At present it Atlanta DOL they
don’t differentiate it)

It's totally dependent upon the case amount.

*. Regular LC Vs RIR LC, Are they going to be part of same pool?

RIR should be fast, again it depends upon the case amount.

*. What are they going to do with application with NOF Issued/NOF rebuttal
received?

I do no know.

Thanks in Advance,

AwardMyGC

Different DOL same mess

Tomshu,
You seem to be the saviour of this forum, or at least that is what I have come to believe reading this forum.
My case is at the Dallas DOL, and like all of us here I am constantly searching for any good news anywhere, so I very religiously visit this forum too (does that sound very desperate :) ).
Now here is a long shot, do you think that the news updates that you have about the Philly DOL, also hold true for the Dallas DOL as far as seeing movement in case approvals are concerned.

tomshu said:
Hi GUYs,

tomshu said:
Hi GUYs,

Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the update tomshu! Does this include the cases that were issued NOF and Clarification being sent to phily office?

Hi Tomshu-

Appreciate all your information on the queries posted on the forum. If you do get any leads w/ reference to how the cases where NOFs were issued and have been rebutted will be handled, that would be awesome. Once again, you've been of tremendous help in keeping all us well informed. Thanks.

cheers.

tomshu said:
Hi GUYs,

I once again called the lady I am familiar with. Basically I asked a few questions

Thanks for the information tomshu, as always its a great relief as now we know this information coming from reliable source (tomshu)

Tomshu, I am just curious is this lady worked for BRC or she is existing employee of Philly DOL?

Just pass sincere thanks on behalf of all of us here, I believe even she dont know what a big favour she is doing for all of us.

COnfirmation letters

Instead of waiting for DOL to send the confirmation letters, can we ask our lawyer OR employer to send a letter which shows employer is still interested in processing labor certification? This will save a lot of time and DOL does not need to wait for the reply. Will this be helpful?

Great idea Hemant2001

hemant2001 said:
Instead of waiting for DOL to send the confirmation letters, can we ask our lawyer OR employer to send a letter which shows employer is still interested in processing labor certification? This will save a lot of time and DOL does not need to wait for the reply. Will this be helpful?

I feel it will be great idea what Hemant2001 suggested above. This will save lots of time BRC as well as our's long waited time. I am going to call my Lawyer to send letter in advance.

:( Note: I am the one checking this Forum for update and miracle everyday 10 to 15 times a day.

Will BRC accept this letter directly from employee

Hemant

The immigration lawyer community and the DOL employee/management community is apathetic to any innovative process changes, although they might be simplistic and better for everyone. Red tape and bureaucracy holds up in US too looking at the way DOL and INS have been working for ages now. At the same time, i suppose, almost all of us are in such a desperate position, that anything that works, we can definitely give a try.

If you try this method, let us know how it goes.

I dont think it will work. What I think DOL will give some Case Number to each and every letter they are going to send to employer in order to keep track of response.

I don't think it will help

It may not help much though. As a government agency, they probably follow specific procedures and only accept certain documents. Sending letters when they didn't request it may upset the already fragile process. I suspect they will assign numbers linked to case numbers to track the response. Then confirmation letters in reference to these numbers can be recognized to update the system.

On the contrary, we have to think whether sending letters as you suggested will actually slow down the normal BRC process?

I know everyone is desperate for some positive results. I myself waiting since June 2001. But lets follow the procedure. IMHO Our initiative to send letters could confuse them and slow down further. Lets wait for some more time.

js07 said:
I know everyone is desperate for some positive results. I myself waiting since June 2001. But lets follow the procedure. IMHO Our initiative to send letters could confuse them and slow down further. Lets wait for some more time.

What is IMHO ?