Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

Philly BEC Tracker Spreadsheet update

Please update my information

Here is my details

EB2- RIR - Pitt(PA) - 08-26-04
sent to DOL -10-5- 04

Talked to my lawyer in the AM today

Not received the letter as yet. No confirmed reports on how the BEC is planning to process the cases once they receive the replies. As the lawyer said, "we are looking at a black hole regarding the manner in which the applications will be processed".

Oh well........

My case details:
PD: May 2002
Philly DOL : Jan 13th, 2004
Category: RIR / EB3

I have a question. My 6 years are up on the 4th of Feb, 2005. I have applied for a 7th Year extension on my H1. Say (and i hope so) that the Labor application is approved in this year. So I can file for I-140. However, lets assume that I cannot apply for the I-485 and EAD/AP before Feb 2006 at least due to visa retrogression.

It seems the fact that your I-140 has been filed does not grant you any status to stay/work in the USA. You need to maintain separate immigration status. So in this scenario, if I do not get my EAD before Feb 2006 (when my 7th year H1 will expire), what will happen ?

Could I still stay in the USA and go for a 8th year extnsion on my H1 ? If not, then i guess i am royally screwed......

Happy New Year to all....

Kris

Krik,
You can apply for an 8th year extension. My 8th year extension expires in May 2005 and I intend to get a 9th year extension...

Regards
krik said:
Not received the letter as yet. No confirmed reports on how the BEC is planning to process the cases once they receive the replies. As the lawyer said, "we are looking at a black hole regarding the manner in which the applications will be processed".

Oh well........

My case details:
PD: May 2002
Philly DOL : Jan 13th, 2004
Category: RIR / EB3

I have a question. My 6 years are up on the 4th of Feb, 2005. I have applied for a 7th Year extension on my H1. Say (and i hope so) that the Labor application is approved in this year. So I can file for I-140. However, lets assume that I cannot apply for the I-485 and EAD/AP before Feb 2006 at least due to visa retrogression.

It seems the fact that your I-140 has been filed does not grant you any status to stay/work in the USA. You need to maintain separate immigration status. So in this scenario, if I do not get my EAD before Feb 2006 (when my 7th year H1 will expire), what will happen ?

Could I still stay in the USA and go for a 8th year extnsion on my H1 ? If not, then i guess i am royally screwed......

Happy New Year to all....

Kris

Did not receive 45 day letter

I checked with my lawyer. Neither I nor my colleagues who have the same priority date as I (dec 01) have received the BEC letter. Don't know what that means... :mad:

cadesi said:
Krik,
You can apply for an 8th year extension. My 8th year extension expires in May 2005 and I intend to get a 9th year extension...

Regards

Question: Just curious about it. What happens if you are on 1 year extension after your 6 years end, but you loose your job and find another job or you switch your job. I am not in the situation, but if this process stays as slow as it has been, some of us can end up being in that situation in a couple of yrs.

garp said:
I checked with my lawyer. Neither I nor my colleagues who have the same priority date as I (dec 01) have received the BEC letter. Don't know what that means... :mad:

dont mean to be critical or offensive in any manner but being one of you, with a PD of Apr 02 (which is really few months after your PD) and not having recd the love letter as it's being affectionately referred to on this forum, I started to think.... so what if my lover sends me that letter and my lawyer responds on my behalf right away.
That would only mean another wait... for until my lover decides to do something about the relationship.

I mean, there's really no gain unless the damn thing is certified. THis is all just a lot of humdrum in the meantime, from what I hear, other DOLs (namely NY and Boston) are busy certifying....

Yeah, I am a cynic. I wasn't one but this continued jilting from the lover has made me one.....
Alright... this damn post of mine has pissed me off even more.. :rolleyes:

msabir said:
Question: Just curious about it. What happens if you are on 1 year extension after your 6 years end, but you loose your job and find another job or you switch your job. I am not in the situation, but if this process stays as slow as it has been, some of us can end up being in that situation in a couple of yrs.

In this situation, I remember reading somewhere that your labor app is no longer valid since you are no longer working for the employer who sponsored ur labor app. Thus, you may have to leave the USA and be eligible to come back only after a year with a new H1.

Perhaps someone on this board can confirm this.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my previous query...

Krik

spidey said:
dont mean to be critical or offensive in any manner but being one of you, with a PD of Apr 02 (which is really few months after your PD) and not having recd the love letter as it's being affectionately referred to on this forum, I started to think.... so what if my lover sends me that letter and my lawyer responds on my behalf right away.
That would only mean another wait... for until my lover decides to do something about the relationship.

I mean, there's really no gain unless the damn thing is certified. THis is all just a lot of humdrum in the meantime, from what I hear, other DOLs (namely NY and Boston) are busy certifying....

Yeah, I am a cynic. I wasn't one but this continued jilting from the lover has made me one.....

My application was submitted three years ago, and I still have not received anything in regarding to the love-letter.

As the lady explained to me on the other day that those love-letters are sending out according to their regional DOL's receipt dates, but after I noticed that some people have received those letters even though their regional office's receipt dates are much later that mine, so asked another lady from DOL regarding to this issue again, she said the BEC still has computer problems and some letters were sent out although their regional office's receipt dates are later, but they are trying to fix the problem.

It's really very disturbing when I heard this news!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks tomshu.

but u know what, i think this computer-problem is crap. every time they have unexplainable issues, they will use this excuse.. perfect for them to blame on the machine.

tomshu said:
My application was submitted three years ago, and I still have not received anything in regarding to the love-letter.

As the lady explained to me on the other day that those love-letters are sending out according to their regional DOL's receipt dates, but after I noticed that some people have received those letters even though their regional office's receipt dates are much later that mine, so asked another lady from DOL regarding to this issue again, she said the BEC still has computer problems and some letters were sent out although their regional office's receipt dates are later, but they are trying to fix the problem.

spidey said:

With a PD of 01 I am a veteran cynic and you yet have to get to the pissed off level I live in...I agree "there's really no gain unless the damn thing is certified"...unless the lover will actually certify the relationship as soon as you respond to the letter. Then there is reason for the "humdrum" and reason for hoping to get that leter. Given everthing we have been through with this stupid LC, what else do we have if not hope? This BEC thing is not the end of the tunnel, it's simply another nightmare that's going to create an even bigger backlog.

contact #

Can any one give the contact number to contact this so called love letters office. I am fed up with this mokery. People are getting letters and I am waiting for the past 4 years and 6 months. :mad:

cadesi said:
Krik,

Regards
cadesi

could your reply to the private message?

Thanks
Vikram

on the BEC letter

Spidey,

I understand what you mean.

What we don't want is a situation where the BEC computer indicates that the letter was mailed while in actuality it did not due to a computer/printing glitch OR they did mail it but the letter got lost. In either case if 45 days pass, then we are screwed.

krik said:
In this situation, I remember reading somewhere that your labor app is no longer valid since you are no longer working for the employer who sponsored ur labor app. Thus, you may have to leave the USA and be eligible to come back only after a year with a new H1.

Perhaps someone on this board can confirm this.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my previous query...

Krik

I that situation, I think ( and I am not a lawyer) your LC is valid if your employer who laid you off deceides to continue with your labor. But if he cancels your labor or substitutes it, its no longer valid and you are in trouble.
If you are laid off and get a new job right away, good thing it do is to apply for GC as soon as you join new employer.

continue labor after lay off

GC_Lover said:
I that situation, I think ( and I am not a lawyer) your LC is valid if your employer who laid you off deceides to continue with your labor. But if he cancels your labor or substitutes it, its no longer valid and you are in trouble.

Is it possible (in legal issue) for a company lay off you but still continue sponsor your labor? If it IS legal, how much effort/money it cost the company? Want to know this in case it happens, we can still try to convince the company to do it.

Thanks.

lvka said:
Is it possible (in legal issue) for a company lay off you but still continue sponsor your labor? If it IS legal, how much effort/money it cost the company? Want to know this in case it happens, we can still try to convince the company to do it.

Thanks.

My guess would be yes it is possible. Since GC is for future employment your employer can continue to process your labor and once approved and you get your EAD/AP you can again come back and work for that company.
If you work for one of those employers who love to exploit H1 people they will not wait, they will try to sell that labor (substitute) to someone else, but if you work for a good company and try to explain them, mybe they listen to you, who knows.

Not sure how many have done this, but in theory it is possible.

Can someone shed some lights on my question/confusion?

Thanks!

VAhoper said:
Is it possible that the EB2 or EB3 is determined really at the I140 stage for some cases? I don't think there is field on labor petition form to stipulate whether it should be eb3 or eb2. My attorney told me that I would file for EB3 three years ago, he said that my pay was not enough for EB2 at that time. When I checked my lc form, it actually says require master's degree and job ad posting also had master degree requirement.

Does that mean that I still have a chance to be EB2 when I actully file 140?

Maybe some people are in the same boat with me so they cannot tell whether they should be EB2 or EB3.

Well, is my understanding on when the categories are assigned correct? Guys?

45 day love letter

tomshu said:

Tomshu,

Did they say when they will be able to send the letters for PD 2001?
This S*** backlog center has become a backlog death center. They are screwing up our lives. They cant fix a computer issue? ! Shame on them...... Frustrated.. :(