Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

Updated Philly BEC Tracker Spreadsheet...

Added/Updated 'Jan2005','roh_nanda','krik','foret1' and 'san27geet' case details on the BEC tracker spreadsheet.

Thanks

AwardMyGC

Last edited by a moderator:
H4 and EAD for spouse

saugup said:
I am on 7th year extention of H1 and my wife is on H4. I have PD of Dec 2001 and Regional received date of September 2004.

Say I get my labour clearance this year and I file for 485.. I get EAD afetr 3 months. My company will not file for H1 extention again. That means no H4 for my wife. As I can't file for 485 for her does it mean that she will have to go back in that case.

One option is to keep on renewing my H1 but if the company says no for that, I am screwed. Is there any otehr way or something I am missing.

I know my company won't renew my H1 after I have got EAD. I will rather go back home right now and rather than waiting for last minute and decide to go then.

Please respond.

If would be GREAT if anyone with info could please respond to saugup's question above. I am in the same situation: going on 7th year on my H1 and my husband is on H4.

I was under the impression that I could add my husband on the next step once I get the labor certification...and that I could get his EAD that way along with mine at the same time...but now I am no longer sure given saugup's question above :(

Does anyone know? PLEASE let us know if you have any info....Thanks in advance!!

saugup said:
I am on 7th year extention of H1 and my wife is on H4. I have PD of Dec 2001 and Regional received date of September 2004.

Say I get my labour clearance this year and I file for 485.. I get EAD afetr 3 months. My company will not file for H1 extention again. That means no H4 for my wife. As I can't file for 485 for her does it mean that she will have to go back in that case.

When does your 7th year extension expires??

Well, when you file your 485, you can also incorporate your Wife/Children’s with your application. At the same time you apply for EAD & AP for you and your wife. I guess that answer's all your questions.

-----> Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

saugup said:
One option is to keep on renewing my H1 but if the company says no for that, I am screwed. Is there any otehr way or something I am missing.

I know my company won't renew my H1 after I have got EAD. I will rather go back home right now and rather than waiting for last minute and decide to go then.

Please respond.

Can we equire BEC about the 45-Day letter...

Folks,

Is there any way we can enquire BEC whether they have sent the 45-Day letter or not for our cases. My HR is willing to call them. I cannot trust my Lawyer.

AwardMyGC, can you please add the following dates to excel sheet:

PD: 7/3/2001
RD: 10/31/2003
RIR
NO 45-Day letter yet.

Thx,
MD2001

State : MD
Application date : Nov 01, 2001
Regional date: feb 06, 2004
BEC letter date: Dec 30, 2004
Letter reply: Jan 10, 2004

DOT: 030.162.010
RIR (EB3 Iguess)
:)

Updated Philly BEC Tracker Spreadsheet...

Added/Updated 'MD2001' and 'hangu' case details on the BEC tracker spreadsheet.

Thanks

AwardMyGC

Hi friends

I'm new member to this forum and thread.

My case was filed on Aug 2002
and state cleared and
moved to phily on July 2004

How much further time will take on to clear in phily? :confused:

dukkiNK said:
Hi friends

I'm new member to this forum and thread.

My case was filed on Aug 2002
and state cleared and
moved to phily on July 2004

How much further time will take on to clear in phily? :confused:

Not much. Another 40 years. It has to go thru Backlog Reduction center.
Then goes to Backlog Elimination center, then Backlog Termination center and then Backlog .........

At least make fun of ourselves

In response to
Not much. Another 40 years. It has to go thru Backlog Reduction center.
Then goes to Backlog Elimination center, then Backlog Termination center and then Backlog .........

Looks great :)

Atlanta DOL certifying!!

On the Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker: someone got LC certified on Dec 14th!

Any idea why NY and Atlanta are processing instead forwarding cases to Philly BEC?

Looks like we are the unlucky ones stuck at Philly BEC :mad: :mad: :mad:

pennwaiting said:
I cannot say that you are wrong. "optimistic" is not a term in most applicants' mind from former Philly Regional. No, they do not have to finish the 50,000 cases they have now. (where did you get the number anyway?). My coworker filed his application just 3 months ago. He has received the 45-day letter. Looking at the way the letters are sent, my guess is that his lawyer is probably right. Otherwise, it will make an unfair system even more rediculous.

I read an article about the 50,000 cases. After your lawyer recieved the 45 day letter an respond they will do the certification base on the PD , really hope his lawyer is wrong and we will begin seing a lot of certifications begining on febrary ;) ;)

Choclito said:
I read an article about the 50,000 cases. After your lawyer recieved the 45 day letter an respond they will do the certification base on the PD , really hope his lawyer is wrong and we will begin seing a lot of certifications begining on febrary ;) ;)

I have a pervious I 140 approval with Jan 2001 PD. But couldn't file AOS since company went down. Filed new LC (PD Jan 2003). My lawyer didn't indicate that there was any advantage with old PD for LC. She told I can use it for only AOS. Is that right? Also does it matter for LC what EB category you are filing under? :confused:

Choclito said:
The randomly sent letter can be an indication of mistake or incapability at BEC. I don't see any correction being made. The whole purpose of BECs is to fairly do the labor certification nationwide. They have to make it look fair. Understanding your pain is not one of their tasks. Since for most of the old cases, the so called 45-day letters have not been sent, if they start certify cases today, there are even more people crying foul than before. So, we have to wait until the last letter to be sent and 45 days more for any certifications. Their mindset is just like my lawyer told me the other day, "you have been waiting for only 2 years and 2 month, do not be panic".

Once you file for Adjustment of status (I485) for your spouse alongwith your AOS application, there is no need for H4. When I485 is pending, whether you apply for EAD or not, you can legally stay in this country.
foret1 said:
If would be GREAT if anyone with info could please respond to saugup's question above. I am in the same situation: going on 7th year on my H1 and my husband is on H4.

I was under the impression that I could add my husband on the next step once I get the labor certification...and that I could get his EAD that way along with mine at the same time...but now I am no longer sure given saugup's question above :(

Does anyone know? PLEASE let us know if you have any info....Thanks in advance!!

EAD for Spouses

What I understood about the retrogression of 485 dates was that I can't file 485. I guess it just means that I can still file it but they won't start working on it till the date becomes current to the filling date.

But correct me if I am wrong EAD is dependent on time 485 was filled or it has to do anything with if they are processing the 485 application or not.

Will I be able to request Travel documents for my wife if I filw for my wifes EAD along with mine. Will they be issued even when the dates are not current.

Thanks a lot for all your replies.. I really appreciate your knowledge regarding this.