Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

spidey said:
Yes I found mine, except this seems like an older database because they seem to have the old DOL case numbers. I am one of the lucky(???) ones who've recd the 45-day letter but the db shows me with the old case number and not the new one assigned by the BEC / BPC / BRC or whatever the hell they're calling it these days...

How did you find it? and why does it says PERM? I am so confused with this.

Finding your case

Here's what I did.

I opened the 2004 file because I assumed thats where my information could be... there was a 50% chance since my PD is in 2002 but my DOL recd date is in 2004... so I tried the 2004 file.

Now, after unzipping the file I had a file with the name... PERM_FY2004.mdb - this is an access database file extension. If you have Access installed simply clicking this file should open it in access.

Steps to how I found my case:

1. Double click on table perm_external_fy2004
2. Put cursor in Att_last column
3. CLick on binoculars (OR CTRL F should also work) and type in the lastname of your attorney if you know that...
OR
Put cursor in emp_name and find your company name...
OR
If you know your State case # find that
OR
Find your DOL case #..

you get the idea... if you dont - I am afraid I'll charge you $100 / hr and have you send me your information to find it for you ;-) just kidding..

Anyway... thats how I found my case # but like I said - it's stale data.
It says last activity date for my case was when my file was recd at Regional office but since then we've replied to the 45-day letter.

This is another measly bone to the dogs (thats us guys) on April fools day by the DOL....

Beam said:
I use pkzip to unzip then try to open it using Access. It won't work. Do you use a different program?

use winzip it's free for trial can be download from www.winzip.com

i used it for year 2000 data opened in Access and run queries.,
Total cases 73985

Last_Sig_Event Total

Appeal Request Received 2
Appeal Sent to ALJ 11
Certified 70204
Denial Affirmed by ALJ 236
Denial Case Dismissed by ALJ 5
Denial Remanded to Region by ALJ 3
Denied, Permanent 456
NOF Issued 892
NOF Rebuttal Due 1
NOF Rebuttal Received 25
NOF Time Extension Granted 123
Received Regional Office 516
Reconsideration Denied 33
Reduction in Recruitment Denied 330
Remand Issued to Employer 110
Remand Issued to State 698
Reopened by Region (Reconsideration) 1
Returned after Red. Rec. Denied 1
Returned By Emp after Remand 3
Returned By State after Remand 20
Returned from Archive 2
Withdrawn 313

Total 73985

I used Access 2000

Hi Beam,
I used MS Access 2000 to open it. Please check your access version (if it is Access 97 or older) you might not be able to open it.
Beam said:
I use pkzip to unzip then try to open it using Access. It won't work. Do you use a different program?

spoke with someone at DOL

I just called and got a person on the phone. He was nice and courteous and I asked him 2 questions.

1. Is the BPC already adjudicating cases OR ONLY entering data at this time
His response >> They are actually sending out letters, questions, entering data AND adjudicating cases at this time.

2. I repeated this question stressing on ADJUDICATING cases ??
His response >> SIGHs and then says yes they are adjudicating cases also.

3. I asked if there was any official policy on how long after the 45 day letter response has been sent to BPC can an applicant expect adjudication?
His response >> No official policy, we are sitting on such a huge backlog that it's difficult to say at this time.

I am convinced this man was not lying or misrepresenting because he sounded well.. not so much in a hurry to get me off the phone and in fact he was courteous and friendly...

so there - I have an answer I want to hear about adjudications.

yours_sincerely said:
Hi Beam,
I used MS Access 2000 to open it. Please check your access version (if it is Access 97 or older) you might not be able to open it.
I have imported the data into SQl server etc and run extensive queries. Cant seem to find my case even though we have replied to the 45-day letter. Are there others like me or is everyone accounted for?

Yeah, I only have Access 97. I think that's why!

:-( Thanks for all the information.

So another maybe obvious question, are these the ones that're still pending? Mine was sent to Philly regional office in Sep. 2004. So if they're using FIFO starting from 2000, that means another xxx years waiting for me????

yours_sincerely said:
Hi Beam,

yours_sincerely said:
Hi Beam,

Guys,

Build a simple query like this and execute. My case went to Phily in 2004 and my attorneys office is in DC. You will see all the cases filed from your attorneys office

SELECT Perm_external_FY2004.*, Perm_external_FY2004.Att_State, Perm_external_FY2004.Att_Last, Perm_external_FY2004.Att_First
FROM Perm_external_FY2004
WHERE (((Perm_external_FY2004.Att_State)="DC") AND ((Perm_external_FY2000.Att_Last)="XXXX") AND ((Perm_external_FY2000.Att_First)="xxx"));

I queried into those database and did some research. The unfortunitely thing is that those files only includes the cases that has been transfered to Region before it reached the BEC.

Take a look where you are according to your PD.

People..

Let me clarify here something..

The data here is DOL DATABASE (Collectively From All the Regional Office). It is not BPC database. SO You will see status of Pending Cases as "Received in Regional Office". There will be no reference to 45 day letter or anything else related to BPC.

hope this helps

z2002 said:
I queried into those database and did some research. The unfortunitely thing is that those files only includes the cases that has been transfered to Region before it reached the BEC.

Excellent Work z2002..

Can you do one more thing in your database.. Can you filter RIR & Non RIR seperately ?

thanks in advance

spidey said:
I just called and got a person on the phone. He was nice and courteous and I asked him 2 questions.

1. Is the BPC already adjudicating cases OR ONLY entering data at this time
His response >> They are actually sending out letters, questions, entering data AND adjudicating cases at this time.

2. I repeated this question stressing on ADJUDICATING cases ??
His response >> SIGHs and then says yes they are adjudicating cases also.

3. I asked if there was any official policy on how long after the 45 day letter response has been sent to BPC can an applicant expect adjudication?
His response >> No official policy, we are sitting on such a huge backlog that it's difficult to say at this time.

I am convinced this man was not lying or misrepresenting because he sounded well.. not so much in a hurry to get me off the phone and in fact he was courteous and friendly...

so there - I have an answer I want to hear about adjudications.

Thanks for the info, you are the new hotline member.

Wonder How

z2002 said:

First of all thankyou for leting all know about the availability of these zip file and also all those who have been doing such great analysis.

I was able to find my details in 2004 zip file based on my old case no. The last status is received regional office on 12/11/03. My PD is 04/12/2002 from VA.

In the last database and these databases my curiosity was to know how many cases have been 'Certified' with the same Received regional date / PD as mine.

I found few cases in the last database. but i tried on 2004 zip file and realised that there many cases received at regional office after mine have been approved earlier.

I based my query on Region_id =3 only as i think it is the philadelphia one . To quote some example [Software Engineer] VA

Rec_State_office Rec_REg_office Last_Event_Date Last_Sig_Event
6/18/2002 3/19/2004 9/9/2004 Certified

There are many such cases.

Could anyone try to analyse this and provide some insight into it.

Thanks
Neena

Perm 2004 file for those who have Access 97

Hi,
I exported the 2004 file into Access 97 format for those who have Access 97.
The file won't get uploaded here as its too big. If guys who need it send me a private/public message with your email id I will send it across.

I found my case in the 2004 pile. But so what? This is just stale data that was created before BEC era. I don't believe DOL will update this file to reflect progress on our cases.

Yeah, it verifies that DOL had my case in the system. But don't I already know that? Otherwise I wouldn't have the case number and 45 day letter.

Hope DOL will set up a real tracking system for BEC some day.

z2002 said:
Seems that there are much more RIR cases pending on DOL than Non-RIR.

Was this a typo?
I noticed your RIR query looks for a 1 in the Reduction_In_Recruit column, all values in the table are either -1 or 0...

Also, I noticed there's a value of 119 against the RIR denied row under the non-RIR column.. culd be explained away if we say these are cases that got converted to non-RIR after getting denied for RIR but what does that say for the same row under RIR column count of 2803.
Another thing. the total nos of RIR app was 5 times higher than non-RIR.

I realize I am plugging holes in the data and playing devils advocate - please dont miscontrue this as lack of appreciation for your work. It's damn good work.... and I thank you for that.
This information is VERY helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
spidey said:
Was this a typo?
I noticed your RIR query looks for a 1 in the Reduction_In_Recruit column, all values in the table are either -1 or 0...

:) In order to run my query efficiently, I imported the access files from 2002 to 2004 into another databases. And I assumed 2000 to 2001 has been finalized. where 1 means true same as -1.

Also, I noticed there's a value of 119 against the RIR denied row under the non-RIR column.. culd be explained away if we say these are cases that got converted to non-RIR after getting denied for RIR but what does that say for the same row under RIR column count of 2803.
Another thing. the total nos of RIR app was 5 times higher than non-RIR.

:) might matched couple of lines incorrectly, but the whole trend should be correct.

I realize I am plugging holes in the data and playing devils advocate - please dont miscontrue this as lack of appreciation for your work. It's damn good work.... and I thank you for that.
This information is VERY helpful.